Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Lola and Marvin was a bit lively in the initial meeting but all seems well enough so far
  • Looking good D......

• So far so good Lola has been a tad rough once or twice and marvin has let out a little yelp but she has instantly backed away

Marvin needs a bit if house training which is a pain in the arse tbh but to be expected

I see his dad and mum today and pics of his grandad

His dad has 11 cc's and his mum 14

His grandad has a whopping 22 cc's and was the breeders most successful boy dog

He has a great coat and a great tail that curls correctly

Lots of work now on standing and walking correctly in the ring starts on sat

I reckon he could do well if he has his dad and grandads gate and frame

• Bailey and JJ down at the sea front with Ashley the young autistic lad we met a couple of weeks ago when JJ was still being carried. My dogs make friends wherever they live and to see that smile makes the hard work we put into our dogs worth while.image
  • edited May 2014
    my beautiful georgie boy went to sleep at 1.57pm on sunday, his kidney’s finally gave up. he’d been having treatment this past year or so and was doing quite well but it was always going to happen at some point and so it did. i couldn’t let him suffer and i was with him at elizabeth st vets. his back legs were also giving him a lot of problems and that was difficult to watch him fall over or try and drag himself about, so i would of had to do something sooner or later. i wish i hadn’t had to be the one to make that decision over his life, it’s so cruel. of course the vet said it’s the kindest thing but ultimately i had to make the call as we all do as pet owners.

it only seems like yesterday that i brought him home from battersea dogs home and he came into my living room sniffed the sofa and cocked his leg and scent marked it. i told him off and the little b@gger went and did it again as if to say i’m boss round here and he was, that was thirteen years ago, doesn’t time you know……..

he was such a huge huge character and i loved him to bits, it’s heartbreaking and i’m devastated and heartbroken. he was and is my beautiful beautiful boy.

martin

and in the blink of an eye he was gone ( how true that expression is now )

• my beautiful georgie boy went to sleep at 1.57pm on sunday, his kidney’s finally gave up. he’d been having treatment this past year or so and was doing quite well but it was always going to happen at some point and so it did. i couldn’t let him suffer and i was with him at elizabeth st vets. his back legs were also giving him a lot of problems and that was difficult to watch him fall over or try and drag himself about, so i would of had to do something sooner or later. i wish i hadn’t had to be the one to make that decision over his life, it’s so cruel. of course the vet said it’s the kindest thing but ultimately i had to make the call as we all do as pet owners.

it only seems like yesterday that i brought him home from battersea dogs home and he came into my living room sniffed the sofa and cocked his leg and scent marked it. i told him off and the little b@gger went and did it again as if to say i’m boss round here and he was, that was thirteen years ago, doesn’t time you know……..

he was such a huge huge character and i loved him to bits, it’s heartbreaking and i’m devastated and heartbroken. he was and is my beautiful beautiful boy.

martin

and in the blink of an eye he was gone ( how true that expression is now )
  • How sad pal chin up
  • What a handsome fella - so sad for you.

Remember the good times....
  • So sorry.... Run free to the bridge Georgie boy
  • Thinking of you & Georgie, bless his heart.
  • Sponsored links:

• thanks for your words of support, it just feels wrong him not being here.
  • What a beautiful dog that Georgie. Condolences matey :-(
  • Condolences Martin.
  • Just had the renewal quotes through for our home, car and pet insurance...... Our insurance for our dogs is £1100 a year dearer than the combined insurance for our home and our car! How the feck can that be right?
  • thanks for your words of support, it just feels wrong him not being here.

So sorry to hear that mate , it's an awful feeling . I could nt get used to it for ages it seemed like....Remember all the good times and happy memories

• Shag said:

thanks for your words of support, it just feels wrong him not being here.

So sorry to hear that mate , it's an awful feeling . I could nt get used to it for ages it seemed like....Remember all the good times and happy memories

thanks shag it truly is
  • JJ at 12 weeks image
  • T.C.E said:

JJ at 12 weeks image

is that meant to be a subliminal message t c e?;-))

• Yes mate, (I think?) you'll never replace Georgie but a new pupster will occupy your thoughts and energy. Of course when the time is right for you. ;)
    We got JJ purely to see out my days with a Shep, if Bailey gets to 12/14 JJ will be 4 years younger and I will be almost 70 so a senior Shep will be about my limit, I don't think I want to be training a German Shepherd puppy at 70+ ;)
  • On my way home from Scottish kennel club show in Edinburgh

We left friday for the show on Sunday , spent a lovely day and night in York very nice hotel from last min.com the royal York hotel and spa

Lola has been on some spectacular walks in and around York and the minister but unfortunately during the night has had to be caged in the van

But she got 2nd place so was worth the weekend plus it was a great weekend

York is lovely can't believe I ain't been there before

Sillav I feel your pain mate
  • Sponsored links:

• On my way home from Scottish kennel club show in Edinburgh

We left friday for the show on Sunday , spent a lovely day and night in York very nice hotel from last min.com the royal York hotel and spa

Lola has been on some spectacular walks in and around York and the minister but unfortunately during the night has had to be caged in the van

But she got 2nd place so was worth the weekend plus it was a great weekend

York is lovely can't believe I ain't been there before

Sillav I feel your pain mate

Well done Lola !!

• Well done Lola, NLA going to dog shows all over the country you get to see places you would never of thought of visiting.
  • Not wrong mate got Belgium and holland to do this year aswell
  • Great stuff D and of course Lola.
    Just back from Nottingham with Bailey and JJ.
    Baileys return to the arena for the first time in 12 months saw him pick up a 1st and 2nd in the Open and the Standard coat classes. All this despite putting his handler on her backside when asked to gait him, fortunately when he bolted she sat down rather than be pulled over ,the last thing we needed to see someone getting hurt but no damage was done. Little JJ even managed a 3rd place in the just for fun puppy walk. A great weekend with my dogs. :)
  • Well done mate bet that was some sight
  • Young JJ at 17 weeks is coming on bundles and streets ahead as far as Bailey was at the same age. Photo with handler winning Best Standard coat at Mrs Redmidlands show in Nottingham earlier this month........ imageimage

• Gorgeous dog TCE, this is an amazing thread with some really lovely pets and some excellent advice

Today we had to say goodbye to one of the sweetest dogs ever, he is now completely death, blind and has dementia now a tumour in his tummy, tomorrow he is going to doggy heaven :-(
  • edited June 2014

Gorgeous dog TCE, this is an amazing thread with some really lovely pets and some excellent advice

Today we had to say goodbye to one of the sweetest dogs ever, he is now completely death, blind and has dementia now a tumour in his tummy, tomorrow he is going to doggy heaven :-(

Thanks Sadie, were so pleased for Bailey after all his problems and JJ will follow him and be a fantastic dog......

Run to the bridge and free of suffering.....

• Gorgeous dog TCE, this is an amazing thread with some really lovely pets and some excellent advice

Thinking of you today, Sadie.

• Wow tough read that Sadie made my little boy nearly cry he loved his Staffie before we lost him

Ditto the fanny today