Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Is that the lake in your garden? :-)
  • Had a couple of occasions in the last year or so when dogs have poo'd outside my place and left there,dirty bastard owners I blame,ignorant fuckers.

And yes beware of the dog owner who walks his/her dog at night.

Fortunately there are some who do clear the poo up.
  • Just thought I'd let you know that our GSD bitch - Anchaz Cinna - who starred with Jim Carrey in Kick Ass 2, is performing at Crufts on Friday, Saturday and Sunday doing her Kick Ass stuff. I'm hoping that More 4 who are showing Crufts every night may show some of what she does. Even if they don't show her I'm really proud that she has been chosen.
  • Red are you there sat would be blinding to meet up

Good luck dansk who is on today I believe

I am as nervous as hell about showing there on sat
  • edited March 2014

Red are you there sat would be blinding to meet up

Good luck dansk who is on today I believe

I am as nervous as hell about showing there on sat

D, I don't think Red is allowed out (looking after the other dogs) ;)
    Mrs Redmidland (Angie) is there today, tomorrow and Sunday. ;)
    Good luck to Dansk and yourself, I been watching the Sheps and 3 people I know have picked up best in class so it's up to you now to keep up the winning streak. Just out of interest do you have a handler and what class is Lola in?
  • no mate going it alone i am tempted to get one but i want to try myself , she is in the utility breed in the small ring from 1030
  • no mate going it alone i am tempted to get one but i want to try myself , she is in the utility breed in the small ring from 1030

@Nth london addick Good luck mate on Saturday.....dont let the nerves get to you, enjoy it for the experience. I'm not going this year but as @TCE said my Mrs is there Friday, Saturday and Sunday, she will be with Cinna for some of the time and then filming her with her trainer doing her 'stuff'. Her name is Angie and its all taking place near the Arden Grange stand.
  • Good luck D, I'll see if I can find you on YouTube. Most classes are being shown on there. ;)
  • edited March 2014
    really looking forward to it, have been getting Lola ready all day and she is looking good, she seems to have got better and better at the Stand, Stay commands and holds her stance really well but she still gets fidgety and doesn't stand long enough without giving me a bit of messing,

I am trying to focus on my nerves and it is nervous as your being watched and judged not just by the officials but by people around the rings, I am trying to find ways to block out the nerves so they don't go down the lead,

I guess the more shows you don the more confidence you gain the better you become, Lola is such a darling of a dog she really is a fantastic hound not only in personality but in looks, although like some schnauzers only needs to look at a ham bone and put on a few Lbs so getting her weight / exercise balance has been very very difficult of late,

I have resorted to 4 mile walks in the evening and taking her to the breeders kennels all day and leaving her there from 8 am to 4pm to charge around the kennels/ runs, with her brothers and sister , this seems to have worked and she is looking great, imo and has a chance as long as I don't send any negatives down the lead,

more worried about the good lady though tbf as she is insisting on coming but is still recovering from the c section, she is a tough old girl so I am sure she will be fine,

now back to the brilliant white leg wash for my Lola and the last touches of grooming

red I will go and introduce myself, to her on Saturday I cant wait to see what Crufts has to offer whilst we wait and once we have shown
  • just got to get her legs done with brilliant white shampoo, then there's the on site grooming and the little secrets that the breeders use, and she will be ready, but in my eyes she is looking amazing

• Sponsored links:

• Good luck this weekend to all "our" guys, gals and their fantastic dogs at Crufts.

This could be a very special weekend for us all !
  • Jackson (JJ) makes his debut three weeks old...............
    http://youtu.be/SA1hH7VYPp4
  • just got to get her legs done with brilliant white shampoo, then there's the on site grooming and the little secrets that the breeders use, and she will be ready, but in my eyes she is looking amazing

Looking good D, you in a hotel tonight?
  • I wish Ray, with the new arrival my mum is coming over tonight and we are heading up about 5am to get there for 730ish

you been watching it on more4 its the first time I have shown an interest in the programme it looks really good for doggy people like us
  • I wish Ray, with the new arrival my mum is coming over tonight and we are heading up about 5am to get there for 730ish

you been watching it on more4 its the first time I have shown an interest in the programme it looks really good for doggy people like us

Good luck with her mate, she's a great girl.
    Bailey and I start with a new trainer next week, he's ex OB (you might know him) lol
    He's starting his own security firm, and we're going to try Bailey on "Drugs/Cash" scent work
  • Lolas breeder is in Waltham abbey up Galley Breech Hill the Kennels next to them is security training and breeding dogs, I see them training on the fields there seems intense

There are 2 greyhound rehoming centres and retirement kennels , now all the dogs I take out up there for a walk when I am helping out and the dogs from the security training place all seem to dislike the greyhounds, even Lola has reacted in a way that I haven't seen before,

are Greyhounds an aggressive breed as they do seem it tbh
  • You are meant to muzzle a greyhound in the street if they are an ex racer
  • Sorry Ray and Bailey, but it has to be said, you have let us all down with your performance on BBC2 tonight. You are clearly not good enough for the CLSDS (Charlton Life Show Dog Society) first team and will shortly find yourselves transferred to Carl Zeis Jena! :-)
  • Lolas breeder is in Waltham abbey up Galley Breech Hill the Kennels next to them is security training and breeding dogs, I see them training on the fields there seems intense

There are 2 greyhound rehoming centres and retirement kennels , now all the dogs I take out up there for a walk when I am helping out and the dogs from the security training place all seem to dislike the greyhounds, even Lola has reacted in a way that I haven't seen before,

are Greyhounds an aggressive breed as they do seem it tbh

Very sensitive/timid the ones I have met, I used to meet a lady who rescued ex racers. She used to phone me when she had a new dog and arrange to get Bailey around it. I have heard the make lovely pets
  • Just turned crufts on for first time ever. Some odd looking dogs!

Bailey was great entertainment tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• So sorry you feel I let you down Church-lane, in my defence I'll only say. All is not as as may seem on tv and no I haven't seen the show ;)
    My big scarey German Shepherd dogs weakness is squeaky fecking ducks how the feck was I supposed to fecking know that. Lol...... I made my point by appearing on tv to one or two people nasty bastards that said Bailey should have been pts last year when he was ill. Possibly the only reason other than to publish the Upbeats (were they even mentioned?) I agreed to do the programme. And for the record Bailey killed at least six ducks and has one as hostage
  • They mentioned Down syndrome but can't remember if the word Upbeats was used. They only showed about a 15 second chat and it was fine.

Nla please tell me you are going to be on the telly.
  • He was excellent on his second round.
  • Curb_It said:

They mentioned Down syndrome but can't remember if the word Upbeats was used. They only showed about a 15 second chat and it was fine.

Nla please tell me you are going to be on the telly.

The German shepherds were on you tube, I would have thought the other breeds would be also.

• I Hope Not B

She would have to win 3 rds to get to the bit they put on the TV, Unless they do bits over that area and then you could be ,

Ray don't tell people that LOL
  • edited March 2014
    Just settling down to watch bailey again as Ian missed it.

I meant to say when you shouted Bailey, Ray, Mickey lifted his head and barked!
  • Please please let me seen NLA prancing around the ring
  • Im being told, no mention of the Upbeats, or use of video or photos............ I can only apologise to the people that helped put it all together and by way of a protest I wont buy a tv licence. ;)
  • Curb_It said:

Just settling down to watch bailey again as Ian missed it.

I meant to say when you shouted Bailey, Ray, Mickey lifted his head and barked!

Xena nearly launched herself through ours........... :(