Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Rufus ?

Solly?

Kiely ?

Hermann?

Just a few suggestions, Ray .
    x
  • edited January 2016
    Davo55 said:

Yep, that works better! Evie doesn't really do menacing.

What breed is she, she is very pretty?
    Edited.......
    My guess would be Bichon Frise......
  • She's a Coton de Tulear. Less "boxy" than a Bichon, with finer hair (as opposed to fur). She doesn't shed, and as my wife is usually allergic to dogs and cats that's one of the reasons we chose that breed. She's 10 and a half now but still looks quite puppyish.
  • Rufus ?

Solly?

Kiely ?

Hermann?

Just a few suggestions, Ray .
    x

Thanks FF, that puppy didn't happen. Solly was to be JJ's name. Kiely is a good shout though, I still hope to have another maybe this year, although I need a bigger car first. ;)

• Davo55 said:

She's a Coton de Tulear. Less "boxy" than a Bichon, with finer hair (as opposed to fur). She doesn't shed, and as my wife is usually allergic to dogs and cats that's one of the reasons we chose that breed. She's 10 and a half now but still looks quite puppyish.

10 and half wow! Definitely thought she was a puppy, 3 maximum. Beautiful little dog. :)
  • edited January 2016
    Supporting the protest from a far today after getting the vet bill for Bailey's tests and treatment for last week of just over 1k, yes he's insured but like all insurance companies I expect a fight for my money. No obvious signs of a problem except the patchy effect around the eyes. The tests found he's has allergies that include "trees" ( oh yes, trees) and lamb amongst several other things. A 10 month supply of his treatment will cost £380 plus the cost of the jab, about 30 quid a fortnight for two months then monthly from then on. I wouldn't change him for the world but love him to healthier for his benefit 75% is fantastic but 100% fit Bailey would be awesome. :)imageimage
  • edited January 2016
    Bloody hell Ray poor old Bailey is going through it mate. Give him a cuddle from me and Mrs RM!!
  • Have only been around CL for last few pages of this thread and can't go through 40-odd pages so at risk of repeating something already well known - here in Canada, it saves money to get a prescription from the vet and get it filled at any local (human) pharmacy - vets drug costs are much higher than large pharmacies. Might be the same wherever you live?
  • Yes it's the same here but strangely enough not something vets make well known. ;) I get Baileys Hydrothyroidism tablets online for 11p each, the last time (3years ago) I bought through a vet it was 55p a tablet @ 2 a day. For his recently diagnosed allergic reaction tablets via a vet £360 for a months supply @ 2 a day online £2.95. Average cost for the prescription is 15/20 quid, if you can get to know a pharmacist lists of our drugs/remedies can be used on our dogs piriton for example, but not all. I don't use flea powders etc I use garlic, yet all vets will tell you rightly so that the onion family will kill a dog. What they won't tell you correctly dosed you'll never see a flea on your dog. It's just about research and asking questions..........
  • Dog owners may or may not be aware of the changes in the law regarding dogs and warning signs on your property. Basically the law now stipulates that if you have a warning sign stating "Warning/Beware my yorkie/doberman/GSD/french poodle is guarding these premises" you could be libel for prosecution if your dog bites anyone entering your home. Whats the problem with that I hear people ask........ Well that would also include the local toe rags that let theirselves in via the bathroom window at one in the morning, apparently signs "Dogs running loose" is ok but any warning sign constitutes you knowing your dog will bite! I have/had one that says... This house is "Protected" by the ultimate in German engineering, which will be removed tomorrow. Bailey bite? only if I ask him too....... ;)image
  • Sponsored links:

• Springer spaniel all day long - no other hound comes close - meet scooby

Lovely dog, I love the way dog owners defend their choice of breed, I know I do it. ;)

• Our sign says 'Dogs running loose', which is, as Ray has said, in law absolutely fine. If 'toe rags' then want to take a chance then so be it.
  • My little lovely is now 3 and a half. Keeps us on our toes but absolutely gorgeous. Very definitely daddy's girl.
  • Both Grandson and JJ putting their trust in each otherimage

Looks like a Welsh Springer Spaniel? Wonderful breed.
  • As some may know I had one or two worrying incidents with Bailey over the weekend, he attacked JJ on friday then Xena on sunday Sundays incident being the worse of the two the reason being had longer to maintain the fight and overpower Xena who is half his size as I was further away, separating the two dogs resulted in my hand being badly bitten with cuts and bruises, and for the record, I wasn't bitten purposely I was bitten because I put my hand in the way of a set of teeth. The reason I want to tell this is there is always an underlying cause for a dog biting, in this case as anyone will tell you that has met the big fella its totally out of character so an appointment was made at the vets last night to have have him checked out. Bailey has severe stomach pains and its very senstive to the touch as the vet can verify. he will put up with it if I touch him in that area and my wife but to a lesser degree. We will have more tests on saturday bloods/urine etc with possible ultra sound scan if required. With an educated guess as I asked the vet, are looking in the bladder area, prostate possible but unlikely as he's neutered but theres still a small chance, stones is another and more likely and others that I don't want to even think about.image

Looks like a Welsh Springer Spaniel? Wonderful breed.
    English springer - note the tennis ball on foreground - he will do anything for his tennis ball - I wish my vices were so cheap and simple
  • Hope it works out ok T.C.E.
  • Sorry to hear that T.C.E. hope he gets best outcome :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• SO sorry to hear that sad news, T.C.E.

Please keep us informed re the results of his tests.

It must be such a worrying time for all the family.

Will be thinking of you

xx
  • Good luck TCE
  • Sorry to that Ray and Yes its totally out of character for Bailey, that I can verify. I hope you get it sorted mate, lots of love from Mrs RM and me.
  • edited February 2016
    First sets of results are all good news, Thyroid levels are still the same meaning no imbalance caused the fight to happen just waiting some blood results that were sent to the States. Here's a short video of our dogs after training returning to the car. :)
  • Brilliant
  • Play and leave games with Bailey ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYHN5k1WBcI
  • Just discovering this thread. So lovely to see all the adorable dogs.

@TCE how is Bailey doing? You're spot on when you say if a dog gets "randomly" aggressive it's usually a sign of another problem. Glad you got him to the vet, really hope it wasn't anything too serious.

This is my Cass. I posted about her a month or so ago when we had a terrible scare with her suddenly having terrible heart arrhythmia, and having to rush her to the vet hospital. She is recovering well, after the last round of heart monitoring tests she still had far too many irregular heartbeats for comfort, but it was certainly an improvement. We adjusted the meds and I think that's helping.

We're spending a couple weeks at my parents' to help her relax, recover, and get spoiled absolutely rotten by her grandparents. Next round of tests is probably next week, really hoping her heart is starting to function relatively normally.
  • SDAddick said:

Just discovering this thread. So lovely to see all the adorable dogs.

@TCE how is Bailey doing? You're spot on when you say if a dog gets "randomly" aggressive it's usually a sign of another problem. Glad you got him to the vet, really hope it wasn't anything too serious.

This is my Cass. I posted about her a month or so ago when we had a terrible scare with her suddenly having terrible heart arrhythmia, and having to rush her to the vet hospital. She is recovering well, after the last round of heart monitoring tests she still had far too many irregular heartbeats for comfort, but it was certainly an improvement. We adjusted the meds and I think that's helping.

We're spending a couple weeks at my parents' to help her relax, recover, and get spoiled absolutely rotten by her grandparents. Next round of tests is probably next week, really hoping her heart is starting to function relatively normally.

He's doing well, still waiting for some results from the states. But mainly they are all clear.....
    Hoping for some drier weather so we can set up our Agility equipment to get them fitter after a long winter. We've started doing some bite work with them along with some tracking to get their brains working again, with luck I'll be up to take part in the sponsored walk with the Upbeats with Bailey. JJ will stay at home as he's not a fan of other dogs. ;)
    Glad she's on the mend....... How does she cope with exercise etc?image
  • T.C.E said:

Glad she's on the mend....... How does she cope with exercise etc?image

Love it.

She's still on low exertion until we get a run of holter results where her heart rate is pretty normal. She's doing well. She's a very relaxed dog, so while I'm sure she'd love to run around, being at my parents' with a nice backyard and grandparents who dote on her she's very happy.
  • Buster & Jack supporting the Spell it out......