Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Notts County bid for Paul Benson

Comments

• Options
    i expect le fondre to either stay at rotherham or sign for someone up north ;-)
  • Options
    Id prefer Euell over Le Fondre. Euell will be class in Lg1.
    Le Fondre would not fit in here at present. He's rather lazy like Wright-Phillips, an out and out striker, bit of a shirker, not a worker. No team can afford to carry too many goal hangers
  • Options
    Howard scored 4 goals for Leicester on Monday night -not sure if that makes it more or less likely we'll get him. Ideal for Green's crosses.....
  • Options
    or both ha
    Hmm maybe, like the sound of it , but don't we still have a need to sign a striker who has the height of a rather large pair of 'stepladders' to appease the Charlton life faithful?

;)
    we must sign george the giraffe and nellie the elephant
  • Options
    Howard scored 4 goals for Leicester on Monday night -not sure if that makes it more or less likely we'll get him. Ideal for Green's crosses.....
    He's going nowhere then
  • Options
    or both ha
    Hmm maybe, like the sound of it , but don't we still have a need to sign a striker who has the height of a rather large pair of 'stepladders' to appease the Charlton life faithful?

;)
    we must sign george the giraffe and nellie the elephant
    Yes they could be a step up.
  • Options
    Find this strange as when bournemouth had a bid accepted by us, it was on the OS where as this one isn't (as far as I know) could just be the website boys slacking :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Was in our interest to publicise that bid. We are actively seeking to move Francis on. Maybe CP doesnt mind either way with Benson?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm not sure about Le Fondre, he does very little the whole match but when he gets a chance he does put it in, If the situation is still that he would only cost 150,000 as Powell told me then I'd go for it he would be on the bench though as I can't see him and BWP together. On Benson I've always rated him and think he could be very good this year, if we have a replacement lined up who is better, younger and a similar style of player to Benno then fair enough sell him, if not then I'll be very sad to see him go and I think it will be a poor decision.
  • Options
    Powell doesn't fancy him. Wrong side of 30, now quick enough, an eye for goal, but Powell wants young, quick, dynamic footballers .....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Benno wants to fight for place, could be a stumbling block in any move,

knowing that he is surplus has him thinking seriously over this move though,

Martin Allen is a big pull for him

it could be the making of Benno having to fight for his place i think he will go though tbh

• Options
    Well take it with a pinch of salt, but sky sports says this is a done deal?
    Seems a strange one to me, not having the  greatest regard for him, I thought he tried hard , and seemed to just falter in front of goal been unlucky.
    Wether he was the player we all thought he could have been ( a 20 a year plus  goal forward) remains an open question.

Seems CP has a plan,  and a vision of his team, let us hope he get's it together otherwise this player could be someone that people hark back on as  the one that got away.
  • Options
    Before this possible move of Benno it seemed that CP had made his plans, got the majority of new players in and then started pre season with a reasonable squad so as to give them time to gel. However as many have commented we were still a bit weak in the striker and CB positions. Then comes the news that Benno is going with no sign of a replacement - the only positive way of looking at this is that they have a striker/strikers in place to arrive but just need to finalise the deals. Only downside being that it doesn't give them much time to gel with the team and then we are back to the Parkie excuse that the team will be better once they have gelled - bit wobbly!
  • Options
    What about a gamble ? If you brought in someone like Robbie Keane on £10,000 a week, you would need an extra 1,000 on the gate to pay for him. Probably a crazy idea but who knows !
  • Options
    What about a gamble ? If you brought in someone like Robbie Keane on £10,000 a week, you would need an extra 1,000 on the gate to pay for him. Probably a crazy idea but who knows !
    I'm not sure you could get him for 10k a week.
  • Options

maybe a couple of loan players from our club links with Udinese FC, I have heard Giuseppe Goalthreata and Davide Scorealotta are available on season loans

• Options
    I do remember a time when Robbie Keane was  at Inter Milan, and we had an arrangement , or thought we had to get there players to play for us  as they had no reserve teams in Seria A. ( a sort of first call on services)

Keith Peacock I think tried  to comment on this at the time, and was shot down by his agent who I understand commented along the lines of.....

Charlton are not a consideration , he has no interest in Charlton , end of!

or words a little more direct like F***O**

I doubt wether  Keane would be interested to play third tier football as well.......

As I stated I think this may be an option that CP want's to change, after all Charlton did not have to sell Benson him did they!.. unless it was to buy another player.
  • Options
    If this deal does go through I'm expecting that we'll announce a couple of signings at the same time. Would love Pearce to come into our defence and maybe a deal could be done now.

In related County news, Sam Sodje has been put up for transfer.
  • Options
    I'm not sure you could get him for 10k a week.

Besides. Too short. ;)
  • Options
    I'd be happy enough with Howard....  I'd doubt the board would with a player no doubt on 10,000 plus a week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd be happy enough with Howard.... 
    If Powell is letting Benson go because he's 32, what's the logic of bringing 35 year old Howard in?
  • Options
    Maybe Cody Mcdonald being looked at again?
  • Options
    Can we stop this about Robbie Keane???!!!

Not going to happen and it was a joke in the first place!
  • Options
    From a post on the D&R forum: I have a work mate who lives in Southend and knows the Benson family quite well and I have asked if he knew anything about Paul moving away from Charlton, he came back with the answer that he has no intention of leaving and moving his young family away from the London area. as I said before this is purely hearsay through chatting with my work mate and I wouldn't want it to be taken as a 100% true source.
  • Options

Benson - if you read this take my advice - I lived in Nottingham for 10 years for work reasons - it's a dump, don't subject your family to it. You'll end up living in West Bridgford which is basically a city suburb but the misguided locals call it a 'village'. You seem like an intelligent bloke - for the sake of your sanity don't go there! Every other football fan there supports Forest and won't stop banging on about how they won the European cup twice and what a big club they are - I promise you it will do your head in. 

Ahh, that makes me feel better.

• Options
    Maybe the whole Benno to County thing is to demonstrate the Benno love on places like CL. He had a torrid time of it last season with abusers forcing him to quit Twitter and idiots like the guys who sit near me who heckled him within earshot every match as he's warmed up as a sub telling him to sit back down and f*** off to another club etc. Perhaps a potential move has been leaked so SCP can demonstrate to Benno that the majority of fans want him to stay. So keep giving out the Benno love and hopefully he will.
  • Options

Benson - if you read this take my advice - I lived in Nottingham for 10 years for work reasons - it's a dump, don't subject your family to it. You'll end up living in West Bridgford which is basically a city suburb but the misguided locals call it a 'village'. You seem like an intelligent bloke - for the sake of your sanity don't go there! Every other football fan there supports Forest and won't stop banging on about how they won the European cup twice and what a big club they are - I promise you it will do your head in. 

I've done a lot of work in Nottingham as well, what a hole! The suburb on top of the hill (don't know or care what it's called) is pretty decent. By the ice rink they have pre-fab houses, what's all that about? Nottingham didn't get bombed! County fans are decent though.
  • Options

CA where did u live? I moved there for work in 1990 and left in 2004....met the current mrs RM in Nottingham, I lived north side....Hucknall.....now theres a place......not!! Agree about West Bridgeford and the Forset fans although my mrs is a County fan - lapsed!!
  • Options
    Not much to add here that hasn't already been said. I quite like Benno and think that if he's here this season he'll do a decent job for us. Yeah, he's a short-term fix but unless we've got better players waiting in the wings then I'd be happy to keep him for the season and if he walks at the end on a freebie then so what?

£150k now or nothing next summer after he's scored 15-20 goals and helped us gain promotion..............

I know what option I'd choose.
  • Options

Hi Red Midland

Company flat in Castle Marina for a few months before we bought in a village called Plumtree. Sold that and moved to the Park until we left in 2009.

I do still own 3 properties there that we rent out including one in Hucknall - I know what you mean about Hucknall but at least it is a more genuine place than West Bridgford. We've had to stay there in between tenancies and tbh it doesn't wind me up as much as the other parts of Nottingham