Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Notts County bid for Paul Benson

Comments

• Options
    Is that a Rumour Rumour ?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    he'd be a great signing for them
  • Options
    edited July 2011

• Options
    By talkSPORT
    Wednesday, July 20
    0 comments
    talkSPORT understands that Notts County have put in a bid of £150,000 for Charlton striker Paul Benson.
    The former Dagenham And Redbridge hit-man scored ten goals in 43 appearances last season for the Addicks.

And it appears the Magpies, who narrowly avoided relegation to League Two, are keen to snap up the centre forward to bolster their attack for the forthcoming season.

For those who can't be bothered with the link.
  • Options
    Didn't he tweet that he rejected move?
  • Options
    Didn't he tweet that he rejected move?
    we need him here
  • Options
    I agree we need him here and i dont follow him on twitter so I dont Know that
  • Options
    I'd only let him go if we had someone better and lined up to sign, which I don't think we have.
  • Options
    Thought it was McOxo that tweeted he'd rejected a move not Benson
  • Options
    He's currently in the pocket of Shot's CBs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would hate to sell benno. IMO he gets some harsh treatment.

With greens deliverys he WILL score us bundles of goals
  • Options
    The guy who reported it is a Notts County fan so the rumour may have some legs
  • Options
    Selling Benno would be a mistake and this one WOULD come back to haunt us
  • Options
    I hope Benno isn't off, an under-rated player in my opinion if played to his strengths
  • Options
    sell him: too short
  • Options
    He's currently in the pocket of Shot's CBs
    That's why he just scored obviously
  • Options
    Shortage of strikers aside it would be a mistake to let him go. He's got a lot to offer us
  • Options
    I like Benson. Dont want him to go at all. He got loads of stick last year for no good reason at all. I think he will do really well this year with the service from the new and improved midfield.
  • Options
    BBC Nottingham are reporting that the bid has been accepted but I just think Benson will stay and fight for his spot. Be interesting to see how he reacts if he does stay.
  • Options

It's OK.  Cawley says there is something in it so most likely not happening then : - )

RichCawleySLP
    Richard Cawley

Definitely something in Notts County interest in #cafc striker Paul Benson. Just trying to find out more now.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will be annoyed if he leaves, think he could play a key part in our team this season
  • Options
    Rumours suggesting bid accepted.

Am surprised to be honest
  • Options
    Perhaps the budget is tighter than we were starting to believe ?
  • Options
    Baffled
  • Options
    But if we sell him we still need to get two new strikers so overall it will be more expensive especially if we are looking at strikers with the quality to get us promoted.
  • Options
    To my mind it shows how tight Powell's budget is.

We've signed a lot of players but we've released almost as many and some of those (Racon, Jose, Semedo) were on £1m pa wages.

I think it's sell or move on before you can buy more.   We've seen deals for Francis and McCormack fall thru and perhaps that explains why no other signings in past two weeks.

Shame to see Benno go if true.  Not the greatest but notched up a few goals in a dysfunctional side last year and always worked hard, often on his own or in the wrong role ie leading the line.
  • Options
    Now confirmed on the BBC website................Bid has been accepted. Who the hell are we going to get in they must have a couple of done deals for this to happen surely
  • Options
    This is not a good idea
  • Options
    No big deal selling at this time tbh, With the signing of Hayes as the link up and BWP as first choice benno was never going to start, i expect a new striker in soon, chill ya beans folks