Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Notts County bid for Paul Benson

Comments

• Options

Rudy Gestede,

FW I'm hearing is lined up, unsure if as a replacement

• Options

Has this been confirmed anywhere?

• Options
    Not officially but it's a reliable source .... Let's see
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You keep your hands off Krystian Pearce!!  We'll be letting in as many goals as Posh did if he goes lol
  • Options
    Not officially but it's a reliable source .... Let's see

Sorry. I meant Benno leaving.
  • Options

Rudy Gestede,

Is he the bloke that scored against us whilst on trial at Cardiff ?
  • Options

Rudy Gestede,

Is he the bloke that scored against us whilst on trial at Cardiff ?

Yes...
  • Options
    Don't think the bid would of been accepted unless Powell had someone else lined up .
    In the same way that Akpoe and Abbot were allowed to leave without a replacement being lined up,so that we had to take Nouble on loan despite Dyer telling CP not to touch him with a barge pole.  Maybe Noubles coming back.  Hopefully there is a replacement lined up, but its not guaranteed
  • Options
    No way is Nouble coming back after Powell admitted he had made a mistake.
  • Options
    Has Benno gone? I thought we had just accepted a bid....not that he had gone....is it confirmed anywhere?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He ain't gone yet , it is just an accepted bid hence why I dont see the problem

Benno is a London boy he may not want to go ,
  • Options
    I dont think he will go. Call it a hunch.
  • Options

I hope you're correct

• Options
    i hope your wrong and thats no disrespect to benno, i just think we can do better
  • Options
    alot of twitter love going out to him.
    shame he's not on there to see it.

jacko bwp sullivan elliot all rt'd a tweet saying about benson staying,

hope he does.
  • Options
    i hope your wrong and thats no disrespect to benno, i just think we can do better

Nail on head. Average Joe. One area where he havent made big strides this close season.

If he goes a speedster and a big man please.
  • Options
    Another one of Parky's bargain buys going/gone
  • Options

I hope you're correct

Dont under estimate Martin Allen's potential role.

Would it be a wrench for him to leave? Football reasons no. Family, maybe.
  • Options
    Don't think the bid would of been accepted unless Powell had someone else lined up .
    In the same way that Akpoe and Abbot were allowed to leave without a replacement being lined up,so that we had to take Nouble on loan despite Dyer telling CP not to touch him with a barge pole.  Maybe Noubles coming back.  Hopefully there is a replacement lined up, but its not guaranteed

Don't remember reading that about Dyer saying no, link?
  • Options

Keep Benno and loan in the 4th striker.

I accept the economics of getting a 150K bid for a 31 year old lower league striker with 1 year left on his contract, but over the last 2 season's we must have had 10 or so strikers make appearances for us and i would say benno was 2nd or 3rd best of that lot, so it's far from certain that we'll just be able to sign better, especially if the slack in the budget has all been spent and we're selling Benno so we can sign someone else. If that's the case we'll presumably have half what we spent on Benno plus his wages to sign his replacement, so how does that make it certain we'll sign better?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Powell said at Bromley meeting, that Dyer warned him off Nouble but he signed him on loan regardless. He then regretted it, but did so as couldn't find a better alternative.
  • Options
    Maybe clearing the way for Jason Euell to sign
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Can we do better than Euell? would you prefer Le Fondre instead?
  • Options

Chris Powell said it at the Bromley Addicks meeting and said he wished that he had followed Dyers advice, however Nouble was the only loan striker available.

Henry - you got a link to the meeting thread?
  • Options
    That could be the next jigsaw piece
  • Options
    Id prefer Euell over Le Fondre. Euell will be class in Lg1.
  • Options

Chris Powell said it at the Bromley Addicks meeting and said he wished that he had followed Dyers advice, however Nouble was the only loan striker available.

Henry - you got a link to the meeting thread?
    What was reported the next day (12 May) was

"Was desperate for a physical presence after Carlise beating up. 
    Couldn't get Howard or Hayes and was offered Nouble.  Admitted that Alex
    Dyer had advised against saying he's better on the ground but took him
    on loan anyway."
  • Options
    or both ha
  • Options
    Not seen a lot of Le Fondre, but I've not been hugely impressed by what I've seen. Would prefer both Benno and Euell over him tbh.
  • Options
    or both ha
    Hmm maybe, like the sound of it , but don't we still have a need to sign a striker who has the height of a rather large pair of 'stepladders' to appease the Charlton life faithful?

;)