Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

McOxo departs

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Be honest, looking back the oxo episode was pretty funny.

Hold no malice against him, thought he was a trier that either wasn't good enough, or just didn't happen here.

It happens.
  • Options
    Ross Perks...tut tut
  • Options
    Be honest, looking back the oxo episode was pretty funny. Hold no malice against him, thought he was a trier that either wasn't good enough, or just didn't happen here. It happens.
    He was a trier but he didn't try hard enough...
  • Options
    Ross Perks...tut tut
    @almc16 I have never been more happy at seeing a Charlton player leave the club, you're a waste of space and just fucking awful !

@RossPerks great banter mate. U not at school today.

@almc16 even if I was at school I'd of done more work in a day then you did in a year at Charlton you mug ! Cheerio.

There is no need for this. He might of been 'a poor player in a shocking team' but there is no need for the abuse he is receiving. Glad to see some fans sticking up for McCormack.
  • Options
    Ross Perks...tut tut
    @almc16 I have never been more happy at seeing a Charlton player leave the club, you're a waste of space and just fucking awful !

@almc16 even if I was at school I'd of done more work in a day then you did in a year at Charlton you mug ! Cheerio.

There is no need for this. He might of been 'a poor player in a shocking team' but there is no need for the abuse he is receiving. Glad to see some fans sticking up for McCormack.

Bang out of order.  People like this give their clubs a really bad name.  What a tool
  • Options
    idiot. fair game he was bad but completely uneccesary. 
  • Options
    It only leaves one question . Who do the boo boys to hound out next ....
  • Options
    I am getting a bit of stick now for sticking up for the player. Apparently the club needs to get rid of 'muggy fans' like me. Lol 
  • Options
    It really makes you wonder why players bother with Twitter when they get abuse from morons like that. It makes sad to see so called Charlton fans abuse our players - there again if they join Twatter they should expect Twats.
  • Options
    personal attacks on somebody directly is plain low. ok he wasn't best player but he seems via twitter a top bloke, apart from the oxo saga,

he's gone he and we move on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Our so called "fans" abused Alan Curbishley for boring mid table Premiership football!

Hardly surprising then that someone like McCormack gets it I suppose.

It is embarrassing though. The bloke has gone. It didn't work out. Move on. 

• Options
    edited July 2011

I was going to say the same Beds. If you join Twitter then presumably anyone in the whole wide world can say anything to you. So bearing in mind the nature of many people why join in the first place. This particulary applies to footballers and celebs. It seems an unneccesary risk to me.

If they want to converse with their mates, there's always texting, calling, e mail etc.

I think Leeds have banned their players from tweeting and I think all clubs should. The upside potential is limited but the downside is potentially huge.

• Options
    It would be interesting to know what di Canio sees in him. In any case good luck to McCormack
  • Options
    It would be interesting to know what di Canio sees in him. In any case good luck to McCormack
    I get the impression that Di Canio is not in complete charge of transfers!!
  • Options
    Same as what every other club he's played for have I'd imagine - they're hoping to get the best out of him. At his best he scored a few goals for Southend and worked well with Bailey.

His best games for us were probably his first two. We won both games with 10 men and he scored one of the goals. Those two games led to his kit being sponsored by this site. Had a few decent games later on when he played right midfield and we were getting a few results.

The rest of the time he was usually terrified of making a mistake and that meant he offered very little, if anything.
  • Options
    Same as what every other club he's played for have I'd imagine - they're hoping to get the best out of him. At his best he scored a few goals for Southend and worked well with Bailey.

His best games for us were probably his first two. We won both games with 10 men and he scored one of the goals. Those two games led to his kit being sponsored by this site. Had a few decent games later on when he played right midfield and we were getting a few results.

The rest of the time he was usually terrified of making a mistake and that meant he offered very little, if anything.
    I reckon the hatred he supposedly engendered amongst a lot of fans was a result of 'Baldyirishepicurianism'
  • Options
    Sorry, I  never rated this player, I am not going to profess to say I am sorry he has gone, because I am not.
    As Lincsaddick posted it would be interesting to know what Di Canio sees in him....... 
    Football is a game of opinions, and my opinion of this player is that he was  a dissapointment.
  • Options
    Ross Perks...tut tut

There is no need for abuse like that but I have to admit that's pretty funny.
  • Options
    If it is the Ross Perkins I know then those comments are about par for the course. He is a CL member too.
  • Options
    I dont. I think that Ross Perks could do with getting a slap. It wouldnt be a great miss to Charlton fans if he got run over quite frankly. He is a stupid little keyboard warrior who has made himself look pathetic. I will not miss McCormack as a player - but I have it on very good authority that Alans missus was terrified of coming to Charlton due to the abuse she got from a 'fan' on one of her last visits. Hopefully we can have a better season with a stronger midfield, and his missus can watch her other half play football in peace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Trying to think of a link between oxo tower ,bakerloo line and Twitter !....

re twitter ...no good comes of it !!! Even someone with the intellect of Stephen Fry cant take it sometimes ,it ill behoves a charlton fan to abuse the guy ..i am certain he did his best after all hes a guy just making a living probably with a family etc  
  • Options
    He was symptomatic of the type of player we've been signing over the last few years - a journeyman footballer. Good luck to him, L2 is his level.
  • Options
    Ross Perks...tut tut

There is no need for abuse like that but I have to admit that's pretty funny.
    What exactly do you find funny about it?  It's just plain immature and not funny at all . FACT  
  • Options
    Was the rest of the squad that much better than him?

Powell needs to sort out a scapegoat for the 2011/12 season - not sure we have one at the moment!
  • Options

What chance did anyone have in that turgid midfield? He might have done better if central midfield play had been more offensive rather than sideways, sideways, hoof!

Good luck to him; I'm sure he is capable of better things than we saw as are a few others from last season's dysfunctional team.

• Options
    Covered End......

If you're taking your missus out for a meal tonight to celebrate, can we now call you McDonalds?
  • Options
    thats bad about mccormacks wife get abuse! not good
  • Options
    thats bad about mccormacks wife get abuse! not good
    Shocking.
  • Options
    He was symptomatic of the type of player we've been signing over the last few years - a journeyman footballer. Good luck to him, L2 is his level.
    Which is symptomatic of the parlous situation we have found ourselves in recent years.
  • Options
    I think your right Kap , lucky we didn't end up there.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!