Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

McOxo departs

Comments

• Options
    Indeed. 

Can you tell me where I'm contridicting myself?
  • Options
    no problemo
  • Options
    Everyone's a nutter behind there keyboard! Some proper Danny Dyers about. You maaaaag!
  • Options
    Player- I said it to his face at Dagenham and Redbridge away and that not me trying to sound like a big man, he was useless at our club so therefore i told him my feelings, simple as that.
  • Options
    You walked up to him and told him he was fucking shit? I don't mean shouting it from the stand.
  • Options
    The thing is these people think abusing players doesn't have an effect. Of course it does, a huge amount of sporting performance is about confidence. And abusing players on Twitter doesn't just make Charlton look bad, it also potentially affects our ability to attract other players. Take the case of Benson, who quit Twitter because of all the grief he was getting. He knows Danny Green really well from D&R, Danny will presumably have asked him about Charlton, should Benno have told him the truth about the abuse he got (both on the pitch, on the subs' bench and online) it may have encouraged Green to sign elsewhere. Similarly, say Swindon have an awesome player we want to sign in January. Other clubs have matched our offer. The guy says to McCormack "you were at Charlton, what's it like", Alan says "it was OK apart from the fans abusing my wife so much she was scared to come and watch me, and the keyboard warriors telling me how f***ing shit I was online on a daily basis". Is that going to encourage our target to sign for us? Hardly.

In summary, by abusing our players, online and during games, these people are creating a toxic atmosphere that is getting the Valley a reputation as a hostile place to play - hostile towards our own players not the opponents - and that is going to affect (to whatever small degree) players choosing between playing here or playing elsewhere. In summary, I consider the boo-boys to be ENEMIES OF rather than SUPPORTERS OF Charlton Athletic FC. Their actions do no good for the club, only bad. In my humble opinion.
  • Options
    Needless to say as soon as cafc fans start picking on their own, that curb it and Rothko are bang in the middle of it.
    The lad posted a comment to a player who has been slated on here for months and now all of a sudden everyone wants to take the side of mcoxo and attack one of their own. Bloody pathetic , stop hiding behind your computers and slaggin off a fellow Charlton supporter .... The season hasn't even started!!!!

Missing the point .... difference between talking about someone and talking directly to them
  • Options

I walked down from my seat at the end of the game, waited for him to walk down the tuneel (which i was standing next to) and from no more than 2 feet away i looked him in the eye and told him he was shocking and a disgrace, so yes i would say it to his face.

• Options
    Player- I said it to his face at Dagenham and Redbridge away and that not me trying to sound like a big man, he was useless at our club so therefore i told him my feelings, simple as that.

Well then you're an idiot - plain and simple

Certain players will respond to a bit of "geeing up" but there are limits to what can be classed as criticism

You've nicely made yourself an ickle reputation as result of this and have probably gathered a few more sycophantic followers who will all pat you on the back (but only to your face) but the majority of us all recognise that you unfortunately sum up everything bad about that very very small percentage of fans that give us all a bad name

Congrats you've made us a very embarrassed to be Charlton fans
  • Options
    Along with the few other hundred behind you.  You weren't on your own that day with the abuse.  Bit different shouting abuse in a crowd from the terrace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I walked down from my seat at the end of the game, waited for him to walk down the tuneel (which i was standing next to) and from no more than 2 feet away i looked him in the eye and told him he was shocking and a disgrace, so yes i would say it to his face.

BIG man RossPricks

... and if you said it to his face without stewards, mates etc around and it was just two blokes in a carpark then he would tear you to pieces

• Options
    DickVanDyke- It was never my intention to make myself a reputation or gather some sycophantic followers. Not sure why i would want that reputation to be honest, i simply thought one of our players was shit so therefore i told him, which in my view i am entitled to do.
  • Options
    The thing is these people think abusing players doesn't have an effect. Of course it does, a huge amount of sporting performance is about confidence. And abusing players on Twitter doesn't just make Charlton look bad, it also potentially affects our ability to attract other players. Take the case of Benson, who quit Twitter because of all the grief he was getting. He knows Danny Green really well from D&R, Danny will presumably have asked him about Charlton, should Benno have told him the truth about the abuse he got (both on the pitch, on the subs' bench and online) it may have encouraged Green to sign elsewhere. Similarly, say Swindon have an awesome player we want to sign in January. Other clubs have matched our offer. The guy says to McCormack "you were at Charlton, what's it like", Alan says "it was OK apart from the fans abusing my wife so much she was scared to come and watch me, and the keyboard warriors telling me how f***ing shit I was online on a daily basis". Is that going to encourage our target to sign for us? Hardly.

In summary, by abusing our players, online and during games, these people are creating a toxic atmosphere that is getting the Valley a reputation as a hostile place to play - hostile towards our own players not the opponents - and that is going to affect (to whatever small degree) players choosing between playing here or playing elsewhere. In summary, I consider the boo-boys to be ENEMIES OF rather than SUPPORTERS OF Charlton Athletic FC. Their actions do no good for the club, only bad. In my humble opinion.

This. 

I have it on good authority that McOxo was destroyed by the abuse he got and didn't understand it - reckon that makes us partly responsible for his performances, controversial as you lot may think.  We did a similar thing to Kish.  To me, McOxo is an ordinary League One midfielder, no better but no worse - somehow we want to think he's the worst player we've ever had.  Not by along chalk people.

Abusing Mooney before he even stepped foot on the pitch, sending abusive tweets to McOxo - not the Charlton support I'm most proud of. Let's try to get behind all our players this year, yes even Francis if he's still with us, even Elliot - players who are struggling need the support all the more, after all. It's about time we grew up and recognised that no amount of money stops these guys being human. 

• Options
    lol give charlton a bad name!? were known to other fans as disabled wheelchair users and old people get a grip
  • Options
    this thread is hilarious
  • Options

think we should have a charlton life sponsored straightner between ross & mcoxo round the back of the east stand.

ross, no keyboards allowed.

• Options
    lol give charlton a bad name!? were known to other fans as disabled wheelchair users and old people get a grip
    Far better that than ignorant oafs who display their manliness by abusing our players wives.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    DickVanDyke- It was never my intention to make myself a reputation or gather some sycophantic followers. Not sure why i would want that reputation to be honest, i simply thought one of our players was shit so therefore i told him, which in my view i am entitled to do.
    And another thing .. you don't know me so use my full name

DickVanDykes'sDiscoDog !!!!
  • Options

Ps Mr/Mrs Priston what exactly is wrong with being a disabled wheelchair loser or old anyway?

• Options
    cant wait to see his response Len
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    this thread is hilarious
    +1 Eltham  
  • Options

Ps Mr/Mrs Priston what exactly is wrong with being a disabled wheelchair loser or old anyway?

this thread now has a very short lifespan...
  • Options
    DickVanDyke, ii'll call you what i want after you posted a picture of me on an internet forum, what was the purpose of that ?
  • Options

This new all bonking Charlton Life does not permit me to edit my dyslexic cock ups.

I meant disabled wheelchair user not loser!

• Options
    Priston 

You are obviously one of Ross's mates so why don't you just slowly disappear with that smallish tail between your legs before you end up offending even more people that Ross did
  • Options

bpriston you honestly don't think there is anything wrong with verbally abusing someone? The only posible outcome can be negative for our club, there can be nothing positive gained from it.

RP as for saying it to his face at Dag and Red match you were behind a barrier I take it right? As DVDDD says there's no way you'd do it in a one on one situation unless you fancied a beating

• Options
    nothing atall! was just commenting on giving charlton a bad name, when clearly this happens in football week in week out at clubs all round the country, and they dont make such a fuss about it, Mccormac was shit end of
  • Options
    DickVanDyke, ii'll call you what i want after you posted a picture of me on an internet forum, what was the purpose of that ?
    yeah fair cop

sure you have nothing to worry about
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    this thread is hilarious

Totally agree. A person slates a player.  Charlton fans start crying about it, his not on our books any more... Jhheez 

• Options
    so ross why did you feel need to threaten fans as well?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!