Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread addicks v's millwall

Comments

• Options
    god i hope this poznan don't catch on, if you wanna do stuff like that Selhurst is the place for you
  • Options

Jesus people sticking up for doing the Poznan

What shall we do next?   You'll Never Walk Alone?  Glad All Over?

Get a grip, it might look good when you have 6000 Polish nutters doing it, I dont think it will look quite so good with 200 scattered all over the place at Tranmere...

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Getting back briefly to the 'spoof' score thing that happened yesterday....I dont want anyone frozen off the forum or indeed a match thread in a sperate forum within this one as has been suggested. If the people/person who want to post 'spoof' scores can just relaise that they are potetailly ruining it for others that as I said yesterday cant see or hear the match then perhaps they might desist or grow up!!

• Options
    Thought we looked great in midfield and up top controlling the game for large parts of it but looked shaky at the back and still vulnerable to crosses and set pieces, but its nice to actually watch some decent football once again and I really think the frailty at the back can be sorted with one addition, a commanding cb with a bit of pace add to that another forward and we have a fairly complete squad and one that should be challenging for promotion and playing some great football.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Bloody iPhone...

Regarding Scruffle's comment...

I didn't go but was speaking to a neutral who was at the game with a Millwall fan and he said exactly the same. He said our centre half's hardly won a header.
  • Options
    In case anyone else had no idea what a poznan was / is here are Man City http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKOE8ic6y08&NR=1

Ps I am in the Upper West we don't stand when the chant goes out, it would disturb the cobwebs 
  • Options
    Getting back briefly to the 'spoof' score thing that happened yesterday....I dont want anyone frozen off the forum or indeed a match thread in a sperate forum within this one as has been suggested. If the people/person who want to post 'spoof' scores can just relaise that they are potetailly ruining it for others that as I said yesterday cant see or hear the match then perhaps they might desist or grow up!!

Well said RM.
  • Options
    defensively we were poor but picking up centre halves who werent guaranteed starters from exeter and wednesday means they arent gonna be that great anyway
    solly was the pick of our defence i thought he gave a decent showing
    bwp should be wrapped up in cotton wool , he is so precious to us it's scary , without him i fear for us
    5 per cent automatic 65€ per cent play off drama 30 per cent another season as south londons lowest club
  • Options

I've been largely supportive of Robbie but he reall didn't inspire confidence yesterday. Don't really understand the criticism of Solly though, who I thought stuck doggedly to his task and won a pefectly good tackle that was deemed a foul for their first goal.

Clearly another CB and goal-scorer would be nice - Mr. Slater has already addressed those needs. Like most I'm looking forward to Green's contribution but Waggy slid through an excellent pass for BWP's second, and will start v Bournemouth (& possibly score!).

Hayes looked far better than v Woking, and clearly forms a useful link between midfield & attack, but I'd still like to see him a bit more prepared to "get stuck in". BWP was outstanding - he's a lot cleverer outside the box than I'd first thought, and I'm not sure he's as lazy as some feel. Sometimes he posibly achieves more by NOT chasing the ball (I know I've just asked Hayes to get more involved).

Over all we controlled long periods of the match but looked vulnerable when attacked. That said, we eventually lost to two free kicks that might well have been better dealt with, but probably shouldn't have been given in the frist place. More positives than negatives against a team that did well in the divison above us last year.

Oh, and Henderson's still a useless lump who constantly gives possession away with needless fouls.

• Options
    who was the tall kid warming up with roberts and sullivan at ht 
    his handling looked as good if not better than sullys in the little period i watched
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pope? No ones said anything about Racon, does this mean he was average?
  • Options
    Conor Gough was on the bench so probably him rather than Pope. He's not even 18 until August.
  • Options
    Racon was racing around like a man possessed. If only he did that in a red shirt!
  • Options
    can€'t belive how much racon got booooooooed
  • Options
    cant believe how much racon got boooooed 
  • Options

It was Gough warmimng up at ht.

Racon did ok and even drew applause a couple of times. They'll soon learn that he flatters to deceive.

• Options
    That Marquis lives in Bromley..SUCH a cock believe me. 
  • Options
    Not an ideal solution but with hindsight I think we would have faired better with Doherty to win the ariel balls and the more mobile of the other 2 to sweep up everything else. This of course is mearly an observation of someone who was not at the match.

Morrison has been brought in as one for the future, that they can coach and iron out his weaknesses.
    Taylor will be a back up in my opinion.

Lets hope this CB powelly is after can dominate in the air and has good organisation skills, as the current back 4 lack these attributes.
  • Options
    Leave the Poznan to the Northern Monkeys.
  • Options
    Are there any highlights from the game anywhere on the internet?

I haven't been to any other pre-seasons so its the first time ive seen any of the new boys. Have to say I am concerned about the backline. We looked very shaky all the way through, wasn't bowled over by either of the centre halves and whilst Wiggins got forward into good positions, his distribution (notwithstanding the first goal) was very poor, he kept slicing crosses and clearances and giving possession away. Hopefully just pre-season cobwebs for him but nonetheless I am concerned about our backline.

I was very impressed with Hollands though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2011
    To be fair I don't think we learnt a great deal we didn't know yesterday:BWP is a Premier League quality finisher; Jackson or Taylor will be captain; The midfield would probably survive The Championship and BWP aside is our number 1 strength... bypassing it therefore except in extreme necessity is just about the worst thing we could do; The CB area is still far far too slow and prone to the ball over the top, this needs sorting ASAP; Wagstaff still dips in and out of games but does his best work in the central third; Elliott will never be as good a shot stopper aerially and from distance as he is low down; Wiggins attacks a lot better than he defends; Solly will always be divisive but I personally still think he is a weak link although there are a lot of qualities in him to be admired
  • Options
    I sat there yesterday and all I could think about was how much I ****ing hate Millwall. Seriously. Everything about them from the rusty stands to the muggy helmet trying to start on one of our kids back at the station is just plain wrong.
  • Options

No Fred its just that Poznan is literally nicked off Poznan and its really unoriginal and obviously embraced by the Soccer Am type of football supporter.

Very phoney and nothing to do with not having fun or getting behind the team.

Each to there own but not in my name.  ;-)

Valley Floyd Road nicked off of Forest ( tho they didn't sing VFR lol)
  • Options
    For anyone at the station did anything occur??

I read a post on twitter saying something about a young child falling/being jostled down some stairs...

Have to say I was walking up the walkway behind a group of about a dozen very young charlton fans mouthing off/singing and acting up and we thought can't be bothered with that and we walked off back through the millwall path. One of those days were a few hyper kids would end up having someone else take one.
  • Options
    Conor Gough was on the bench so probably him rather than Pope. He's not even 18 until August.
    Peter Shilton made his debut @16. The best keeper should always be chosen irrespective of age. I think that Elliot has long standing fitness issues and Sullivan is an OK but not especially confidence inspiring goalkeeper. Gough or Pope should get the job IF IF IF the manager considers either of them to be the best option.
  • Options
    Enjoyable game over all.  For a while in the 1st half it looked like we were going to get rolled over, but pulled it together well in the second half and probably deserved a point.  Shocking positioining for the walls on both free kick goals, but otherwise I didn't see much wrong with us.  The central midfield pair were tidy and positive.  I suppose the only things I was left wondering was whether Hayes and BWP could work together - seemed to be too far apart.  We looked better when Benno came on.  And Jacko is a super player, but drifts inside too much which lead to Wiggins pushing a long way up the pitch and leaving gaps.
  • Options
    Glad to say I have no idea what "doing a Poznan" means. Assume it is some kind of dance move. We don't need it as we already have the Worm. Was there many doing that yesterday? I assume none of out lot managed to do one on the pitch like at Welling?
  • Options
    Glad to say I have no idea what "doing a Poznan" means. Assume it is some kind of dance move. We don't need it as we already have the Worm. Was there many doing that yesterday? I assume none of out lot managed to do one on the pitch like at Welling?
    Its the bouncy thing man city do
  • Options
    Never seen it. Lost all interest in watching PL football now we're no longer part of it.
  • Options
    Never seen it. Lost all interest in watching PL football now we're no longer part of it.
    you should be thank full