Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rob Elliot (Signed for Newcastle for Undisclosed Fee)

Comments

• Options
    come on pardew it's pay back time ... do it
  • Options
    Wow, he's having a good spell at the mo no doubt but he's not a premiership keeper
  • Options
    Thought that as soon as I saw Forster had joined Celtic on a season long loan. Hardly unexpected but good luck Robbie.
  • Options
    Let's not forget That not only does Pardew know him but also goalkeeper coach Andy Woodman does very well
  • Options
    Doesn't really shock me, although I'll take this with a pinch of salt. It's no more reliable than me writing on here that he's about to be signed by Man utd for £5m tomorrow, as its only a fans site.
  • Options
    If this is true would be sorry to see him go but nobody could criticise him for moving to the Premiership.
  • Options
    why would they bother signing him now , why not wait till the end of the season when he'll become a free agent
  • Options
    Strange that he's been playing whilst Hamer is apparently fit again.
  • Options
    cannot believe he will move up 2 leagues and be a premiership footballer. still, fair play to him.
  • Options
    Get his £8k a week there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i too would be sorry to see him go.
  • Options
    Not really, exactly the same situation with Green, he's not suspended anymore yet Waggy still starts....
    why would they bother signing him now , why not wait till the end of the season when he'll become a free agent

Maybe they need him for this season, or don't want to risk another club beating them to it once he's a free agent. When has wasting other peoples money ever bother the big nosed w***** before?
  • Options
    Big question for me is how much ?
  • Options
    Hamer only really been available this week due to injury.
  • Options
    Not really, exactly the same situation with Green, he's not suspended anymore yet Waggy still starts....

But we're not selling Waggy.
  • Options
    He's in our team on merit. Plus, if Powelly is trying to push a deal though, it always helps to see him actually playing.
  • Options
    because Pardew has no concept of how to spend money wisely......
  • Options
    Hamer only really been available this week due to injury.
    I thought that might have been the case, cheers.
  • Options
    As well as he is playing, after the signing of Hamer we can't really go through a season having 3 senior keepers and considering he'd most probably be off at the end of the season I reckon we would take anything they offered.
  • Options
    Fair play to Robbie. Whatever happens, I wish him well.

Personally I hope he stays as I really don't think he's a bad keeper and even if he didn't remain number 1 then he would be putting serious pressure on for the place. The stick he has had on here has been massively unfair in my eyes, he's also one of us.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd be sad to see him go. He costs the club a fortune in gloves as he throws them out to the fans after every game, he made some great saves yesterday - he had a couple of dodgy moments too, but so do goalkeepers in the top 4 premier league teams. 
    anyway, its just a rumour site....
  • Options
    Robbies not going anyway , he's tweeted recently that he's been doing a lot of decorating at home ... hang on a  minute.....
  • Options
     he's also one of us.

agree with you completely but you get stick on this site for saying that. apparently it doesn't matter and it shouldn't be mentioned!
  • Options
    can fully understand him going, we must of held out till hamer was fit, and newcastle kept forster in till today, im probably just reading between the lines too much.
  • Options
    If it's true then I hope he goes on to bigger and better things and good luck to him. If it brings in some decent money for a centre back or striker then even better.
  • Options
    Looks the decent keeper he is without a calamity defence in front of him.
  • Options

yep looks a lot better when he hasn't got as much to do
  • Options
    Absolutely , shows how much worse our defence was in the past.
  • Options
    Let's not forget That not only does Pardew know him but also goalkeeper coach Andy Woodman does very well
  • Options
    For the love of god people................Who say's he's going anywhere? Some geordie bloke on a fanzine site who has picked up on an old rumour that has finally made it's way 300 miles north.

I'll believe it when it's on the OS (christ, where's Henry when you need him?)