Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rob Elliot (Signed for Newcastle for Undisclosed Fee)

Comments

• Options
    Looks the decent keeper he is without a calamity defence in front of him.

yep looks a lot better when he hasn't got as much to do
    it is a team sport though...... lisbie would have earned us millions had he had the midfield of man united feeding him balls....! surely there is only so much you can say about individuals when during 90 minutes, they all contribute to a victory or a loss? 
  • Options
    The geordies seem to think that the source is good as that website is "normally spot on and doesn't speculate" from a post on their footymad
  • Options
    Looks the decent keeper he is without a calamity defence in front of him.

yep looks a lot better when he hasn't got as much to do

yep looks a lot better now that he's lost those bricks that he's been carrying for years   :-)
  • Options
    They might be footy mad but don't mistake madness for knowledge. I had the displeasure of spending 6 yrs of my live up there surrounded by the fools. Passionate they might be, but it's all through black & white blinkered eyes.
  • Options
    Seems a shame to change anything about the team the moment really but I guess Hamer didn't come to not start.
  • Options
    I can't believe it will be Hamer time on Saturday at the Valley?
  • Options
    edited August 2011

it is a team sport though...... lisbie would have earned us millions had he had the midfield of man united feeding him balls....!

Er no he wouldn't, It's a well known fact that lisbie missed more one on ones with goalies across the land than anyone in the history of football & was last seen bleating up the New Cross Road "if i can just be treated fairly & given a run in the team I can score 30 goals this season
  • Options

'If i had a Hamer, i'd play him all the time'

good luck to Robbie - good keeper, great attitude, one of us but if he's off, fair enough - hope we get some money.

• Options
    Will defo happen, reported by a journo at the Times on twitter. Says it will be in tomorrows paper and that he'll be on the bench ahead of Steve Harper.

I for one am gutted about this, thought the passion he was showing on the pitch was going to be a great positive this season! Always great having a player who supports the club and he seemed to be a popular member of the squad... 

Still, wish him the best and hope he gets his chance in the first team! 

• Options
    I for one would be sorry to see him go but it really is inevitable. Powell cannot have three keepers battling it out for one place and two rookie keepers on top of that, it's not good financial business
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

it is a team sport though...... lisbie would have earned us millions had he had the midfield of man united feeding him balls....!

Er no he wouldn't, It's a well known fact that lisbie missed more one on ones with goalies across the land than anyone in the history of football & was last seen bleating up the New Cross Road "if i can just be treated fairly & given a run in the team I can score 30 goals this season
    ok maybe i picked the wrong ex-striker, however, i've always thought that our former strikers would have left us heros if our midfield had provided the balls for them to score from (eg wagstaff/bwp link up last night) same as the defence need to hold the ball, put in tackles and pass forward for this to happen. this is all more important than it all going wrong, and laying the blame at the goal keeper for letting a goal, despite the fact the player ran past 10 of our players before he got in the box. everyone makes mistakes, elliot as well, but i just dont' like the way people dig out individual players for no reason all the time. unless its carl tiler, cos he's fair game cos he was $hite. 
  • Options
    i hope he gets a warm welcome next season when he returns to The Valley with NUFC for the Championship fixture :-)
  • Options
    I'd be pretty concerned about this. Don't want to break up a winning team and remember, we don't really know if Hamer is any good/better than Rob.
  • Options
    REALLY! Surely he wouldn't have asked Charlton for a silly amount of money knowing that he would be getting it somewhere else if they said no?
  • Options
    Don't want to see him go actually but feel it's going to happen. Shame. Did have a feeling the way he waved before he headed for the tunnel yesterday was a bit strange but thought nothing of it after that.
  • Options
    having thought about this (bearing in mind i've had a whole bottle of wine to myself) if he was such a big charlton fan, wouldn't he realise that pardew screwed over our club so badly he shouldn't want to be within 3 feet of the man?
  • Options
    Fair play to him, it's a great opportunity and we showed by bringing Hamer in that we aren't messing about... hopefully the money from Robbie's and Benson's probable departures will buy us the ST and CB we need to really put the icing on the cake.
  • Options
    having thought about this (bearing in mind i've had a whole bottle of wine to myself) if he was such a big charlton fan, wouldn't he realise that pardew screwed over our club so badly he shouldn't want to be within 3 feet of the man?
    Or maybe he knows he's useless and that's his true revenge?!
  • Options
    Ahhhh, I like it young James. He's done the old flip reversal!
  • Options
    If true possibly only being signed to be second choice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Robbie did go , how much do you think we'd be after?
  • Options
    sad if true as i like Robbie, decent keeper and one of us.  Some of the stick he gets is just ridiculous.  Still if we got £500K and could invest that in a really good striker and CB then like Jenkinson he will ultimately have done his bit to make us real promotion favs.
  • Options
    sad if true as i like Robbie, decent keeper and one of us.  Some of the stick he gets is just ridiculous.  Still if we got £500K and could invest that in a really good striker and CB then like Jenkinson he will ultimately have done his bit to make us real promotion favs.
    This.  Really like Robbie, think he is a very good keeper BUT given the fact that he has 1 year left on his contract we have seen what Powell can do in the transfer market this summer, pretty much building a whole new squad with the Jenkinson money. The money we get from this deal will hopefully allow Powell to add the missing pieces to the squad.  A good move for all concerned. Robbie gets a move to the premier league & Powell gets the funds he needs to complete the squad.

Good luck Rob. 1 of us!
  • Options
    Its the wine Suzi,its the wine
  • Options
    Well, I'll be sad to see him go. Speculation about contract negotiations and salaries demanded is just that - speculation. It seems to me that he had to go once Hamer was signed and that was done, according to Powell, because Robbie had one year left and had not committed to a further contract. Looking at the results we've had so far this year, he will be a tough act to follow.
  • Options
    Very surprised he's going to be a premier league player tbh but fair play to him. Needs to work on his communication and shots from distance as they are his big weaknesses at the moment. Out of the 3 keepers we have I don't think there's a huge difference between them. He's done really well if he's got himself 6/7k a week. Who will do the tunnel jump now?
  • Options
    Its the wine Suzi,its the wine
    *hic*
  • Options

Even if Newcastle only pay 400K for Eliott then that will still allow us to bring in two new players to the squad, that would be a great deal all round.

I would be more than happy with Hamer and Sullivan as our two resident keepers.

On the flipside I have no ill feeling towards Eliott but I just cannot see him as a Premiership class keeper, he has too many weaknesses in his game.

• Options
    Will actually be gutted if he goes, but can't knock him for that move!