Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rob Elliot (Signed for Newcastle for Undisclosed Fee)

Comments

• Options
    He wasn't training with the 1st team when I waked past the training ground half an hour ago.
  • Options
    Good luck to him, but I really don't understand how he'd do anything in the Premiership really.
  • Options
    And can you pay cash?
  • Options
    He wasn't training with the 1st team when I waked past the training ground half an hour ago.
    Did you check the canteen?

• Options
    No !
  • Options
    Just saw Rob at the gym down the road with some other players. Sparrows Lane gym is out of action.
  • Options
    Just saw Rob at the gym down the road with some other players. Sparrows Lane gym is out of action.

Then he can't be going anywhere ? If a deal was being finalised he wouldn't be anywhere near a gym today.
  • Options
    What time is the Thursday press conference? I'm bored of the lack of transfer activity the past couple of weeks. I'd prefer some ins, but outs are better than nothing.
  • Options

Then he can't be going anywhere ? If a deal was being finalised he wouldn't be anywhere near a gym today.
    Working off all them pies, before his big money move so he can pass his fitness test.
  • Options
    edited August 2011

Look stop all this pie based japery please!

I cracked one off (a pie based gag!) a couple of weeks ago and started a weekends worth of civil unrest from the Robbies Not A Porker brigade. Look at the mess that got us in...

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Or his agent is sorting things out and he will fly up when required.

Or as suggested earlier this deal was done a couple of weeks ago and has been held up by Hamer's injury.
  • Options
    CP has confirmed that Newcastle are in for Elliot but no official bid has come in yet and nothing has been agreed.
  • Options
    Had to happen (too many keepers) and the squad number also hinted that is was inevitable. It makes solid financial sense and could help us strengthen the squad in other areas..in terms of GK's we've got it covered!

Can't blame him for moving on up, he's doing what is best for his career.  Anyone else would too.

He has served us well; helped get us off to a flying start this season and is 'one of us'.

Good luck, Robbie.
  • Options
    CP has confirmed that Newcastle are in for Elliot but no official bid has come in yet and nothing has been agreed.
    Mart77 where is this?

do you have a link?
  • Options
    It's on the London 24 site. Can't link from mobile, sorry.
  • Options
    thanks
  • Options
    Not sure it's the best for his career though - will depend if he can make it to the first team. I have a feeling that he may regret in a season or two. His bank manager will be happy though.
  • Options
    would be happy to see him go , only if we get at least £1 million and add on fees
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    would be happy to see him go , only if we get at least £1 million and add on fees
    Cant see us getting £1 million for a league 1 keeper in the final year
    of his contract.  I reckon 600k maximum.  Given powell's dealings in the
    transfer market this summer that could still get us a couple of decent
    players!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi guys,

Thanks for linking to our earlier story. Here's a more detailed one on the Elliot to Newcastle situation, as it stands.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do my best to get back to you.

• Options

If a deal can be agreed, it might be favourable to us for Elliot to play his last game in a CAFC shirt this Saturday and make the team change for the LC game against Reading. Pardew said in his press conference that Harper would be on the bench for Saturday's game against Sunderland with Krul in goal, so maybe this will be finalised after that.

• Options
    I thought CP said they haven't put in a bid??
  • Options
    Pardew in the interview says that the keeper who joins next will be number 3 there behind Harper and Krul 
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Which smacks me even more that Elliot is moving for money reasons, won't even be on the bench.
  • Options
    Id sit on approx 10k a week to play in the reserves of a premiership club.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Might be just me but I can see this ending up in 2 weeks time with us still having 3 keepers on our books...
  • Options
    Pardew has admitted so many bids this summer for players, and the only one I can remember coming off is Obertan.

We all know to take everything he says with a pinch/truckload of salt.

*Generic I'll believe it when it's on the OS comment*
  • Options
    The Geordie fans up here tell me that Harper has a dodgy knee injury and this makes him unreliable which is the reason for another keeper. Harper is also involved with coaching apparently so Elliot will have a good chance to challenge for the No.1 jersey.