Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leon Cort

Comments

• Options
    Didn't someone say on here we were going to sign 2 players today?
  • Options
    Decent signing. Now is the time to get Mambo out on loan. The boy needs games at football league level. 
  • Options
    Don't usually read the intothevalley site but just had a look to see the comments about the signing. Reams had this to say...

"Chris Powell as I keep saying has much to learn in some areas of what he does and signing Leon Cort proves it for me - why have three non scoring centre halves on your books? We needed a CB who is better than what we have but in Cort we have got nowhere near him."

The ability to find the net is all anyone looks for in a centre back. Mind boggling.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Don't usually read the intothevalley site but just had a look to see the comments about the signing. Reams had this to say...

"Chris Powell as I keep saying has much to learn in some areas of what he does and signing Leon Cort proves it for me - why have three non scoring centre halves on your books? We needed a CB who is better than what we have but in Cort we have got nowhere near him."

The ability to find the net is all anyone looks for in a centre back. Mind boggling.

clueless springs to mind
  • Options

Good to see Reams thoroughly researching this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Cort

Ok no goals for Burnley last season from 19 games, but at most clubs he's had a decent goal scoring record - eg 4 goals for Stoke from 30 games, 7 from 49 for Palace, 10 in 86 for Hull. I'd take a goal every seven/eight games from a CB.

• Options

clueless springs to mind
    Just wait until he finds out that none of our 4 strikers is any good in goal. The eejit.
  • Options

clueless springs to mind
    Just wait until he finds out that none of our 4 strikers is any good in goal. The eejit.

Good point.

Rob Elliot - 100 matches for Charlton and not a single goal, get rid.

• Options
    is the rule still on Into the Valley, that if you disagree with Reams you get kicked off?

Good signing this one 
  • Options
    More like if you disagree you get a kicking threatened
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More like if you disagree you get a kicking threatened
    So nothings changes
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    None of our defenders has scored so far this season - so let's get rid of the lot of them!
  • Options
    Morrison looks likely from nearly every set piece
  • Options
    just been reading that forum seems like hes got a lot to say for himself why the hell wasnt he given job instead of CP hes clearly a footballing mastermind/genius who knows everything 
  • Options
    just been reading that forum seems like hes got a lot to say for himself why the hell wasnt he given job instead of CP hes clearly a footballing mastermind/genius who knows everything 
    He is the son of Eddie May, our assistant Manager under Lennie.
  • Options
    I work with a Stoke Fan, who has'nt got a bad word to say about him. Reckons he is excellent in the air which you would expect for a man of his size and scored some very important goals for them too when they got promoted. I think it is an immense purchase, has to start along side Taylor for me, with Morrison 3rd choice.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Instead of making Morrison 3rd choice CH4RLTON, SCP has the luxury of playing him at right back right back if Solly loses form or gets injured in preference to Francis.
  • Options
    Instead of making Morrison 3rd choice CH4RLTON, SCP has the luxury of playing him at right back right back if Solly loses form or gets injured in preference to Francis.
    Isn't that why we signed Hughes though?
  • Options

Morrison is a bit slow for full back IMO and with Francis and Hughes there I think it's unwise unless in an emergency
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Not necessarilly Morrison's played there before and would give you at least 3 six footers in the backline if you wanted to combat an aerial bombardment team or even switch to this formation during a game. Isn't Hughes a utility player rather than an out and out full back?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2011
    is he fast for a CB? even if he isn't he's a great signing to add to squad depth 
  • Options
    Yeah, but we've already played some physical teams that like a long ball, and CP has had no problem playing with smaller fullbacks so I can't see it changing personally.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Maybe maybe not, SCP is learning all the time and dont get me wrong Solly deserves his place but as I said it gives him some nice options.
  • Options
    options are always good :-)
  • Options
    He's 6' 3" .. us heightists are pleased ... whatever happened to his brother Carl?
  • Options
    he's welcome despite my not liking loanees except in the direst emergency. I hope in this case season long means that and not season long unless Howe wants him back for Christmas
  • Options
    For a good five minutes there I thought we were talking about Carl Cort. Or Jason Euell, as he's sometimes known.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with Taylor and Morrison, Cort is good cover for two very good League 1 CBs
  • Options
    Not going to comment on his playing ability , as he hasn't even pulled on the famous red shirt , hope he'll turn out all right, i was thinking on the way back from Bury that Morrison and Taylor have had a huge amount of bullets thrown at them recently and must be feeling it , they remind me of night club bouncers , i wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of them!
  • Options
    Don't think anyone should be walking into the side. 4 decent centre backs now (Doc 4th choice but can still do a job) so happy. We seem to have an obsession with pace at the back but I think we are perfectly fine at the back pace wise.

Now for another striker Powell/Slater!