Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hogan Ephraim (and Dean Parrett?) on loan until January

Comments

• Never seen so many basic spelling errors in a single thread.
  • edited November 2011
  • Sorry, CH, that went a bit wrong...
  • All seems a bit strange to me. Even with dale stephens being injured & out for a number of weeks, we still have Prtitchard & Alonso to cover centre midfield and even young Bover (when fit) - so why bring in Parrett ??

As for Mount Ephraim - we already have Waggy & Green fighting for the wide right berth and I can't see this young lad displacing either of them.........and as he is right footed I can't see him playing on the left either....

totally mystified !

• edited November 2011
    As for Mount Ephraim - we already have Waggy & Green fighting for the wide right berth and I can't see this young lad displacing either of them.........and as he is right footed I can't see him playing on the left either....

totally mystified !

Ephraim is right footed but can play on the left just as easily. Much like Robbo and Jerome Thomas did.

An example of him scoring from the left..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyJ8OZawNik
  • Good. Charlton are desperately short of another winger... on fifa anyway

• edited November 2011
    I reckon Powell sees the loan signing of Ephraim as a bit like having him on extended trial.

He already knows the lad has talent - now he wants to see how he fits in and if he'll enhance the team.

It's all about options and cover.

• If the lad was available and he improves the team then this is only a good thing, I don't care who he displaces if he is the better player.

• edited November 2011
    Golfie I think this signing if true signals the end for Alonso, with Stephens out, we are desperately short of real quality as cover, Bovver is very young, I think it is another signal from the board they mean business, also it may mean a stronger team on Sunday as a victory would pay for the deal alone.
  • Ephraim is an exciting player, I saw him a few times for QPR during their promotion season last year. 

Welcome to Charlton Athletic Football Club, Npower League One Champions 2011/2012.
  • Sponsored links:

• QPR liked playing Ephraim on the left wing. It's the same reason City play Adam Johnson on the right, it allows the player to cut in-field and shoot or cross with his strong foot. Don't see this being a bad signing at all, the player's there, we don't appear to be paying much for him, if he breaks into the team then we benefit and if he doesn't then he goes back to QPR. We've been saying for ages that we don't have enough cover on the left of midfield and that we need a Plan B when it's not working. Here's an answer to both. Gift horses and all that
  • Didn't Powell say Jackson picked up a knock on Saturday?

Made 19 starts for QPR last season, so played his part in their promotion.

FM says like some on here have that he is right footed and plays on the left. Got to be cover for Jackson, doesn't sound like the type of player who we'd play in central midfield.
  • Ephraim is a brilliant player. He tore us apart at The Valley a few years ago and is a brilliant signing for League One. Good cover for the left if Jackson picks up a knock or has to move inside. Would like to see Parrett back to but wouldn't drop Hollands or Stephens dropped for him.
  • Has he signed?
  • a bench of 

Sullivan, Cort, Waggy, Ephraim, Hayes 

is good enough to grace the championship let alone league one.
  • Waggy is going in January. Two more HUGE signings coming in January also.
  • Waggy is going in January. Two more HUGE signings coming in January also.
    Spill the beans then
  • I like the idea of these players, but worry about the finances of having such a big squad.  Then again, that's somebody else's job.
  • QPR liked playing Ephraim on the left wing. It's the same reason City play Adam Johnson on the right, it allows the player to cut in-field and shoot or cross with his strong foot.

I agree with this up to a point and in years gone by it worked well when we had for example Johnny Robinson and Mark Robson who kicked with the opposite foot to each other but who could switch flanks and complimented each other extremely well .

This season one of the most impressive features has been the functioning on the left hand side . Jacko and Wiggins have been emense , add to the mix another natural leftie in Hollands and the balance of side has been good . Having the three working together means we have options in terms of left footed free kick takers .

I have no problem with Ephraim but would like a natural leftie also or if this is not possible I would like to see Bover , Evina or Harriott on the bench.

This deal does make sense if Waggy is off which if true would disappoint me .

• I would also be very disappointed if this Waggy rumour is true. Biased as he's one of our own products and is a goal scorer. His rapport with Solly down the right flank is excellent. However SCP knows better than me and if we have better quality coming in then I can only say that is a good thing.

Just worried that we have a great balance and camaraderie in the side right now and Hogan coming in might upset this a bit.

• Sponsored links:

• Makes utterly no difference to me if someone is one of our own or not. I like Waggy and think he is good off the bench. But then again, I also like Green, Jacko and the idea of Hogan.

All that matters is how good they are.

• edited November 2011
    Ephraim is an exciting player, I saw him a few times for QPR during their promotion season last year. 

Welcome to Charlton Athletic Football Club, Npower League One Champions 2011/2012
    I love the optimism , but I guess you don't keep chickens?   ;-0

We're not even half way round the track yet!
  • Still not on the O/S.
  • Why would Waggy have just signed a new contract if he wasnt going to stay?
  • He looks like a perfect supersub attacking allrounder replacement for Euell.  Bring him off the bench at 70 minutes, watch the oppo defence drop off.
  • wont belive it till i hear if from mean gene oakaland...

• Foward looking maybe. Although all of our team look good enough to play in a div 1 promotion side, how many are good enuff to play in a champ winning side? It appears Eph is, if he played over half QPR games last year.

As for Parret would seem good cover while Stephens is injured - none of Pritchard, Bover or Alonso seem ready fro one reason or another

• Still not official?

Was told last night HE was a done deal. But I'm now starting to wonder.

I see there have been press reports also linking him to moves to Nottm Forest and Palace - both of those in the last three weeks. So it is clear QPR are looking to offload him. But where will he end up?
  • Ephraim is an exciting player, I saw him a few times for QPR during their promotion season last year. 

Welcome to Charlton Athletic Football Club, Npower League One Champions 2011/2012
    I love the optimism , but I guess you don't keep chickens?   ;-0

We're not even half way round the track yet!
    Chrissy Powell's Red & White Army.  Believe.
  • Can't ignore the significance of us doing business with QPR. BWP?