Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hogan Ephraim (and Dean Parrett?) on loan until January

Comments

• Options
    Still not official?

Was told last night HE was a done deal. But I'm now starting to wonder.

I see there have been press reports also linking him to moves to Nottm Forest and Palace - both of those in the last three weeks. So it is clear QPR are looking to offload him. But where will he end up?
  • Options
    Ephraim is an exciting player, I saw him a few times for QPR during their promotion season last year. 

Welcome to Charlton Athletic Football Club, Npower League One Champions 2011/2012
    I love the optimism , but I guess you don't keep chickens?   ;-0

We're not even half way round the track yet!
    Chrissy Powell's Red & White Army.  Believe.
  • Options

Can't ignore the significance of us doing business with QPR. BWP?

• Options

Can't ignore the significance of us doing business with QPR. BWP?

No significance maybe?

He didn't make their 25 man squad so he can't actually play for them until January.
  • Options
    Hmmm.....if Waggy were to move on, the only move for him that would make sense is to a prem club, as staying in L1 or going to a champs club would be a sideways move, IMHO (assuming we go up in the not too distant future).

All this is intriguing; getting in a player like HE would definitely be a coup, IMO, so I wouldn't blame CP for trying to make it happen.  Anyway, we already have a reasonable injury list this early in the season, so one of the deciding factors for promotion this season may be the strength of the squads of the main contenders - glad to see that there is a plan for that as well.
  • Options
    When are we signing these players on loan?.
  • Options
    Never by the looks of things nothing on O/S or QPR site
  • Options
    Never by the looks of things nothing on O/S or QPR site
    As the main man Steve Kavanagh said recently "only when you see it on the Official Site"
  • Options

RichCawleySLP
    Richard Cawley

Heard yesterday afternoon that had gone ominously quiet on Hogan Ephraim loan to #cafc. Sounds like element of doubt about it happening.

• Options
    edited November 2011

Shame, bet the physio got a bollocking,twitter really is a load of bollocks isn't it

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprise surprise. SLP in cocked up story shocker.

• Options
    Wednesday's SLP story saying H.E.  had signed also said ''For more reaction to the deal, don't miss Friday's South London Press.''

So has anyone seen today's SLP - can't get it down here in rural Kent but I'd predict there is not a word on the story?
  • Options

I'm not sure about this now , but it might not be the end of the matter .

Would the super hoops let Ephraim become Cup Tied ? I'm told that QPR are not allowing our former loanee Garry Borrowdale play for Barnet at the weekend because presumably they want to tout him around in the January window as he is well down the order at Loftus Road.

When Millwall signed Patrick Agyemang on loan there was a similar time lag because the Lions wanted their man to be available for the maximum amount of games .If this is the case we would not need to register him until next week and the Brentford game , Agyemang was allowed to train with the Lions earlier and I think I've read that Emphraim has already trained with us.

• Options
    that sounds plausible unless it was a loan to perm in January deal. As said if QPR won't let him play in the cup he may sign next week and so maximise the time he can be here on loan. However, doesn't the loan deadline end soon?
  • Options
    They could loan him and just not allow him to play in the cup.  No reason to delay the loan because of that.

Cawley is frequently wrong and has already contradicted himself on this move.

There is only one impeccable source and that is the Club.
  • Options

yes but Cawley picked it up AFTER it was on a couple of QPR  sites and reported in the Ealing Gazette and Staines News or whatever they are. Cawley is less well conected than I am !!

• Options
    Cawley in getting it wrong shocker.

How does this moron stay in a job?
  • Options
    They could loan him and just not allow him to play in the cup.  No reason to delay the loan because of that.

Yes, but no need to take him on loan this week if the earliest he can appear for us is the 19th, so hopefully there will be some movement next week as I like the sound of him...more concerned that QPR are ready to do business with us but the player is holding out for a championship club, as he has been linked with both Palace and Forest.
  • Options
    Would be very happy to get a player of this standard.. trying not to get my hopes up though, bloody unreliable sources... 
  • Options
    what club physio
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hogan's twitter stated the other day:

Thank you for all the messages.....

• Options

Birthday?

• Options
    Nope...31st March according to Wiki-but we all know what they are like.

• Options

Birthday?

Lots of CAFC welcoming him
  • Options
    His girlfriend? Tweeted this: "Good luck to my better half. Wishing you a month of growth and success. Proud of you "
  • Options
    One of the Tweets to him said 'welcome to Charlton mate'
  • Options
    But that could just be someone who's heard the rumour
  • Options
    But that could just be someone who's heard the rumour
    Indeed but if they are the only messages he got and they were all wrong surely he would have said, thanks but you are wrong
  • Options
    His girlfriend? Tweeted this: "Good luck to my better half. Wishing you a month of growth and success. Proud of you "
    Proud of him getting a loan to Charlton??  We might think so, but would his girlfriend, or is she an Addick too?
  • Options
    RedMist 1:57PM Quote

Reference to MOvember I would suggest.