Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hogan Ephraim (and Dean Parrett?) on loan until January

Comments

• Options
    Who cares who got the scoop first :P We've got the man and I think it could be a really good signing!
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    He'll be signing up on Charlton Life next .......user name, Hoggy Red.

Naturally.
  • Options
    Nobody has thought to congratulate Rich Cawley on a great scoop. Might have taken a little longer than he suggested, but he got the story first and he nailed it.

For his pains he tooks some stick on here, almost to the point where  his competence and professionalism was questoned.

Apologies, RC. Top work.

Don't believe anything until it is on the OS, if you like. But if you read it from Cawley, you can pretty much know you will be reading it on the OS five or six days later.

No,  I am not Rich Cawley and I've never even met him. But I do have professional reasons for recognising a decent local journo whose contacts are more extensive and better sourced  than his critics on this site!
    It was on here a day before he tweeted anything as it was copied from a QPR forum
    One of our physios deserves more credit for the scoop than RC
    so true.  Cawley's first mention was that he'd seen our physio's tweet.  He then said it was on, then gone cold, then it was happening the morning.  It didn't.  .even a broken watch is right twice a day

I saw Pouso scooped Cawley and the Physio when he got a text from a QPR mate
  • Options
    A mate of mine supports Colchester and reckons Ephraim was excellent for them.  He thinks it's a great move by Powell.
  • Options
    Interesting signing but not sure where he fits in. Jackson won't be dropped, probably not the type to play behind BWP, and we already have two good options on the right in Green and Waggy.

Get the feeling this is a chance for Powell to have a closer look at him, and with the loan window closing soon it means we should definitely have plenty of cover over Christmas, a bit like Seip last year.

Stephens is already out, Alonso nowhere near playing, Pritchard is only just back from injury and perhaps Powell doesn't see Euell starting games in midfield.

I expect he'll be on the bench or just miss out, but things can soon change if we get a few injuries.
  • Options

By the sounds of it he can play on the left of midfield, right and in the hole. With only five subs available gives Chris great flexibility from the bench to change things.

• Options

Journalist wars - interesting stuff. Seagulls following trawlers and physios and players mates, sisters, uncles, taxi drivers and fat blokes in pubs. I think we should set up a  'Journalist off'.  All contestants have to do is post on here once they are sure a transfer is going to happen and at the end of the season we tot up who gets the most 'firsts' . 5 points awarded for a completed transfer 'first' and 1 deducted for each incorrect punt.

Winner receives a dinner for two with Scoop Burrowes, Legend.

• Options
    As I said, Wagstaff is leaving in January!
  • Options
    so what about Dean Parrett ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you share news you get shot down by a small number on here - I keep rumours I hear to myself now. I didn't know about Ephraim but seems like one of thsoe opportunities that was too good to pass up. Some will say we don't need him but we need players that can add to the quality of the side and it is a very positive move for the club, if as I expect it will pan out - he becomes a Charlton player.
  • Options

Logged.

Supaclives prediction is definitely 5 points earnt by the end of Jan or 1 point lost. Mutleys and lancashires are too wishy washy. Are you throwing your hat into the ring in the Journoff supaclive?

• Options
    As I said, Wagstaff is leaving in January!
    You said that last week and I think if I remember you said we'd getting a big signing in January (or wasn't that you?)

I've seen rumours on here before about Waggy going, I'd be sad to see him go but it would make sense as Green is keeping ahead of him and now Ephraim coming in.
  • Options
    Agreed, i like Waggy but playing as well as you ever had and getting dropped can't be that encouraging if there are other offers on the table and it would make sense, particularly with the Hulk coming in on what i see effectively as a trial given the way he's burnt his bridges
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    A quote from my mate, "Although he's billed as a winger, he can play anywhere along the front line. He's really quick and it's great when he runs at people. We [Col U] wanted to keep him here, but when he became available ,we couldn't compete with QPR. I think he'll be terrific for you".
  • Options
    Sounds good as i think Waggy and Wiggins are the only two players in the club who really run at people. Green is tricky but don't think running at people is his main strength.
  • Options
    Between the three of them, Wagstaff, Green and now Ephraim seem to fulfil different styles of wing play. Wagstaff provides the energy and the willingness to get back and help defend, Green will be flinging balls in for the strikers and now the new kid on the block to really run at defenders and scare them a bit. Seems to me that Powell can cover all his bases nicely here, and alter accordingly during the game.
  • Options
    Going by the interview on the OS, Hogan doesnt like playing on the right wing so isnt a replacement for Waggy. He literally gives up a different dimension from the left or behind the main striker if a game isnt going to plan, or if BWP isnt fit i could see him playing just behind Kerm.
  • Options
    mates a qpr fan and thinks we have had a right touch getting this lad in. thinks he has got a lot of potential and is already good enough for starting spot in a good championship team.
  • Options
    EXCITED
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2011

Looking forward to seeing him come off the bench in the 70th and scaring the bejeezus out of the oppo defence.

I predict a couple of BWP hattricks as a result...

• Options
    Getting concerned with the amount of rumours appearing with regards 1st team players leaving in January

Waggy and Stephens in the last week

If anyone has meat to these rumours then post it ,

I would hate to see waggs go , Stephens aint been here long enough to worry about
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Sephens would suprise me- just had Op and is clearly in Chrissy's plans - If we sign Ephraim permenantly it might be best for Waggy to go out on loan somewhere- will be lots of takers in League One I suspect. Would be a mistake to sell him because he is still improving IMO.
  • Options
    Getting concerned with the amount of rumours appearing with regards 1st team players leaving in January

Waggy and Stephens in the last week

If anyone has meat to these rumours then post it ,

I would hate to see waggs go , Stephens aint been here long enough to worry about

Check your inbox.
  • Options
    Wagstaff definitely going then?
  • Options
    Wagstaff definitely going then?

No public comment.
  • Options
    I really hope he is the ideal strike partner for BWP. If he can play behind the striker and be the link between midfield and attack he would be like a younger, quicker, more classier version of Hayes.
  • Options
    I really hope he is the ideal strike partner for BWP. If he can play behind the striker and be the link between midfield and attack he would be like a younger, quicker, more classier version of Hayes.

Is Kermorgant not doing alright with BWP then?.
  • Options
    inbox me clem please if theres some solid news you've heard/

Don't want anyone to go really, Hogan is only here till Jan then I can see him going to a champ club maybe so don't want to see waggy go.
  • Options
    Francis is on loan to bournemouth until January! Why loan him for a couple of months when we are not desperate? Because he is a top championship player and a signing with an eye on next season. No insider knoweldge- just adding 2 and 2 together to make 4!