Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euell.

As has been mentioned countless times by various posters recently and cemented by his poor showing today, I sincerely hope SCP drops Euell entirely from all playing duties.

Non-existent first touch, no pace, no creativity, minimal link-up play.  Offers nothing to the team and his place on the bench should at the very least go to Evina (who had a great game today) or Pritchard.

I respect his previous achievements with the club but we've got no room for passengers.

Comments

• Options

OTT.

Euell did not have a great game today but he still has a part to play this year even if it is coming on for 10 -15 mins for a bit of experince.

• Options
    Total bollox
  • Options
    We won 4-0 didn't we?

Strange thing to come on and post immediately after the match.
  • Options
    A good player to have on the bench and around the club, but he only started today because BWP was rightly rested and Benson seems to be out of favour. Depending on the second round draw but otherwise I doubt we'll see him start a match again. Now Pritchard's back I'd like to see him get a bit more game time. But...we don't have much depth in the forwards department, BWP, Smith, Kermorgant, Hayes and that's it.
  • Options

OTT.

Euell did not have a great game today but he still has a part to play this year even if it is coming on for 10 -15 mins for a bit of experince.

i dont think so what game was u looking at he is no good what way u look at it finshed end of.
  • Options
    We won 4-0 didn't we?

Come off it.  We won 4-0 but it was far from comfortable.

Look at the possession: Halifax 62 % - 38% Charlton.   Primarily down to hoofing balls up forward to Euell which he was unable to win aerially or chase down.

Yes, I enjoyed the win but you can take the blinkers off.
  • Options
    Rubbish.

We win 4-0 with Euell as one of the TEAM. He may not be as clinical as he one was or as quick, but does it really matter at the moment?

He won't be with us next season but CP sees him as an important part of the squad and I'll take that.

I wish people would stop trying to find negatives or constantly dig people out.
  • Options
    He shouldn't play for the first team and instead work on his coaching badges.
  • Options
    I have to say I agree. No sentiment in football and with only 4 spaces on the bench (1 already taken up by a keeper) then we have to use them wisely.............today has shown that Pritchard is more worthy of a place.
  • Options
    We won 4-0 didn't we?

Come off it.  We won 4-0 but it was far from comfortable.

Look at the possession: Halifax 62 % - 38% Charlton.   Primarily down to hoofing balls up forward to Euell which he was unable to win aerially or chase down.

Yes, I enjoyed the win but you can take the blinkers off.
    No, you're right. I have blinkers on. We didn't win 4-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As has been mentioned countless times by various posters recently and cemented by his poor showing today, I sincerely hope SCP drops Euell entirely from all playing duties.

Non-existent first touch, no pace, no creativity, minimal link-up play.  Offers nothing to the team and his place on the bench should at the very least go to Evina (who had a great game today) or Pritchard.

I respect his previous achievements with the club but we've got no room for passengers.

It was one game that the team which he was a part of won.

I think he is more suited to CM.

• Options
    I fail to see the logic in only criticizing individual performances when a team loses.  Thankfully those in charge of the club don't engage in this practice.

Quite how people seem to think we romped our way to a 4-0 victory with consummate ease is perplexing as well.

In the original post I also praised the excellent showing of one of our other players Evina, who I would much rather see on the bench in future instead of Euell.  That is all.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2011
    Lucky 4-0 win...
  • Options
    I fail to see the logic in only criticizing individual performances when a team loses.  Thankfully those in charge of the club don't engage in this practice.

Quite how people seem to think we romped our way to a 4-0 victory with consummate ease is perplexing as well.

In the original post I also praised the excellent showing of one of our other players Evina, who I would much rather see on the bench in future instead of Euell.  That is all.

I'd like to see Evina get a bit more game time but not in favour of Euell. One's a left back/left winger the other an attacking midfielder.

• Options
    I said when we signed him I didn't see where he fitted into the squad. Powell pretty much said that himself in an interview recently, he hadn't originally planned to sign Euell.

He can play a part this season and I'm sure he's good to have around the place, but I wouldn't have him on the bench ahead of the likes of Pritchard or Evina.
  • Options
    Poor performance today, but I don't think he's completely finished. He'll come in handy from time to time when we pick up injuries/suspensions. He's got the nous to help us get promoted
  • Options
    Yeah we won 4-0, so that team should start at Brentford.

The scoreline definitely flatters us and personally I wouldn't have Euell on the bench.
  • Options

Who's saying we romped it?

I just fail to see the logic in rushing to your computer to slag off one of the players when he's just been involved in a solid enough team performance where they overcame difficult opposition and a potential banana skin to run out 4-0 winners. Seems a strange thing to do. THAT is all.
  • Options
    Good to see there are a few reasonable, rational posters on here that don't engage in nonsensical happy-clapping.
  • Options
    As a team we played alright, but i have to agree i fail to see how euell fits into our squad seems to offer nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All, remember Euell is our 4th choice foward I believe?
  • Options
    I look forward to a time when we are 5 points clear and have the confidence and professionalism to dispatch non league teams when everyone wants us to lose. I bet our long suffering fans will be elated.
    Oh wait... vilify one of our own? Charlton fans? Jesus wept
  • Options
    Good to see there are a few reasonable, rational posters on here that don't engage in nonsensical happy-clapping.
    Oh, I see. That's how it is is it? The people who agree with you are "reasonable, rational posters" and those that don't are engaging in "Nonsensical happy-clapping". I see what you've done there. Can you?
  • Options
    Oh, I see. That's how it is is it? The people who agree with you are "reasonable, rational posters" and those that don't are engaging in "Nonsensical happy-clapping". I see what you've done there. Can you?
    Summed it up nicely I would say.
  • Options
    I agree, said it before, hes a donkey
  • Options
    He had a poor game, has lost his pace and his control was never the best. But he'll always be a Charlton legend to me and he never stopped running and contesting every ball. I'd be concerned if he was going to be a first team regular, but he's not. He can play a part over the course of the season and I'll be happy to see us promoted with a squad that includes Euell.
  • Options
    May not be great any more, but do you get a kick out of calling him a donkey?
  • Options
    He had a poor game, has lost his pace and his control was never the best. But he'll always be a Charlton legend to me and he never stopped running and contesting every ball. I'd be concerned if he was going to be a first team regular, but he's not. He can play a part over the course of the season and I'll be happy to see us promoted with a squad that includes Euell.
    Well said.  This is the sort of rational response I was looking forward to from someone with a different take to my own. NLA, Off_it, WSS take note.
  • Options

Can not blame Euell for wanting to play ....he is just now not quick enough and really offers little on the pitch .....but he must be a great fountain of knowledge to the players of the pitch and there must be a bigger picture for him within the club.

He did not have the best of game .....but he does not deserve to be slated ....

Do hope he stays on at a coaching level we will need all the experience we can get next year in the championship on route to the premier

• Options
    Note taken. Can't say you're being completely rational saying he offers NOTHING has a NON-EXISTANT first touch etc. Reactional, blinkered, prejudiced views in my opinion.

Our manager thinks he is worthy of a place in the team an squad and I'll take that opinion over yours, although you're of course entitled to it.