Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euell.

Comments

• Options
    I agree, said it before, hes a donkey
    And you are, how old? Did you ever see him for us in the Premier League? 

I agree with Off_it, by the way, Oriental. It takes a bloody odd mindset to post something like that immediately after a 4-0 win. There are no easy games any more. Ask Huddersfield. Jesus wept.
  • Options

The one where he broke the offside trap but his first touch let him down, you could see the disapointment in his face. His mind is willing and but his legs look to have gone, always be a Charlton legend in my eyes though.

Always believe innnnnnnnn EUEELLL!

• Options
    Only BlackForrestRed has put a case forward for Euell to keep his place.
    It's a shame this can't be debated sensible due to some unwritten rule
    that you can't criticise anything when you're doing well. It was a great
    win today but you'll never get a perfect performance. There's nothing
    wrong with constructive criticism but there is when you ignore the post to in force this bizarre rule.
  • Options
    Jesus Christ! Calm the F*** down! You're perfectly allowed to mention that a player who had a poor game today, and from waht i've seen/heard hasn't added much to the team all season on the pitch (Although I daresay he can add much off the pitch) should lose his place to a young play with bags of drive, determination and skill such as Pritchard (Who should DEFINITELY be on the bench in my opinion). As one poster pointed out, Euell as a coach would do far more than as a player, and after todays performance should lose his bench position to Pritchard.
  • Options
    edited November 2011

Non-existent first touch, no pace, no creativity, minimal link-up play.  Offers nothing to the team and his place on the bench should at the very least go to Evina (who had a great game today) or Pritchard.

Just to remind everyone about the rational , balanced, well thought out comments that started this thread. I too am all for "constructive' criticism....

And BTW Jases's first touch was never that great at prem level. A lot of his game is about the things you don't easily see unless you are watching him rather than the ball.
  • Options
    Good job we didn't lose people!

Please can we enjoy the fact we've not been embarrassed again on tele and not dumped out of the cup by a non league club.
  • Options
    I agree that Pritchard or Evina should be on the bench at his expense, I take it some people disagree?
  • Options
    I agree that Pritchard or Evina should be on the bench at his expense, I take it some people disagree?
    Perfectly fair, but presumably Hayes would be the 3rd striker ahead of him anyway
  • Options

Non-existent first touch, no pace, no creativity, minimal link-up play.  Offers nothing to the team and his place on the bench should at the very least go to Evina (who had a great game today) or Pritchard.

Just to remind everyone about the rational , balanced, well thought out comments that started this thread. I too am all for "constructive' criticism....

And BTW Jases's first touch was never that great at prem level. A lot of his game is about the things you don't easily see unless you are watching him rather than the ball.
    I really fail to see how that isn't balanced or rational.  Granted, the nature of the discussion is somewhat subjective, but I wouldn't change the wording of what I wrote.

You also conveniently left out the part where I stated I respected his achievements with the club.

Anyway we are all entitled to our opinions but some of the blind patriotism which spilled into vitriol is a bit silly imo.
  • Options
    I'm really pleased Pritch as he's called made the bench and also scored, if he's match fit I'd like to see him on the bench for Brentford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On a more positive note in line with what others have already said I'm really happy for Pritchard and hope to be seeing a lot more of him soon.
  • Options
    He's no good as a striker anymore but he's still usefull as a midfielder .
    He was rubbish today but to say he should never play again is ridiculous .
  • Options
    Think it drives home the point raised by a few on here that Jason and Hayes won't get us promoted. Both looked totally without a threat and first touch by both frankly embarrassing. Need another body in if as it seems Benno is out of the frame. Greatest respect for what JE has done for us and Paul Hayes is a worker but not a main striker. I doubt CP is unaware of this. Flattering shoreline today but can't moan too much.
  • Options

Agree with the poster 100% Euell was great for us in the past. Not an impact player anymore. I would have liked Ephraim in as he would have more impact from the bench.

Nothing wrong with questioning a player performance after we win. Euelly isnt at the races any more.

• Options
    Think it drives home the point raised by a few on here that Jason and Hayes won't get us promoted. Both looked totally without a threat and first touch by both frankly embarrassing. Need another body in if as it seems Benno is out of the frame. Greatest respect for what JE has done for us and Paul Hayes is a worker but not a main striker. I doubt CP is unaware of this. Flattering shoreline today but can't moan too much.
    LOL Shooters...........'flattering shoreline'.........Halifax-On-Sea!
  • Options
    The problem with this topic is that some people have difficulty understanding that in the 3rd Division you cannot have three or four good strikers. Do you really think Huddesfeld or Sheff U or Wed do? Can you name them?  Well actually look no further than Huddersfield yesterday for the answer. In which case I would really like people to cut Jason some slack because no-one, no- one is expecting him to start any league games for us. He was out there for 85 minutes and we won 4-0. Next week he probably won't feature. And the point is, he won't moan about it, will keep training, and will look to develop as a coach. A good pro who doesn't deserve a slagging, either today or any other day so far this season.
  • Options
    Sorry the man Ewell is useless now, no ball control nothing, why are we not playing Benson. Still we are in the second round of the cup
  • Options
    Thing is PA I don't think Euell is anywhere good enough to be near our first team based on what I have seen this season. If god forbid we lose BWP or Kermit for any length of time then based on Jason's selection today and his bench appearances then he is not that far out of the first team frame. If he were suddenly propelled into first or second choice for whatever reason then yes I do believe we would be in trouble.
  • Options
    Euell is way past his prime but still offers something to the team in the way of experience and a cool head in the dressing room.

But he showed today he can't finish, has no pace, and has a shocking touch.
  • Options
    I think if we were to lose either of them we'd be bringing in a loan player pretty sharpish so I don't think there's any need to worry about Euell becoming a starter.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also When Smith came on he looked miles better than Euell and set up Pritchard's goal.

Smith is defiantly one for the future.   
  • Options
    Also When Smith came on he looked miles better than Euell and set up Pritchard's goal.

Smith is defiantly one for the future.   

Apart from mis-kicking in front of goal he did ok.
  • Options
    Actually I saw Smith exhibit a poor first touch, and lacked a bit of extra pace which could have taken him clear of the Halifax centre back. But at other times he looked interesting, so one for the future, for sure, and should get another chance against Carlisle.
  • Options
    Smith is about 6ft3 isn't he? Not likely to be someone with much speed, thought he did well, nice little cross for Pritch.
  • Options
    Think Smith is a big player and didnt have a bad touch imo and has a good footballing brain. Just not a natural finisher as he really snatched at his chance today
  • Options
    Very pleased with result today but win, lose or draw! I have been staying the same about euell for most of the season! When saying lets bring on some fresh legs and then bring on euell!! It don't really happen any more for the great man! I do love the player of old but not when there is younger/ a player that would change a game than euell. It is true I am sorry to say
  • Options
    Judging by the player marks thread it would seem Jason did indeed have the stinker many of us hav been saying.
  • Options
    Frankly I'm surprised that Euell has, more often than not, been played as a striker this season.

Curbs first dropped Euell back to Attacking Midfielder how many years ago?
    And since then he has only rarely played up front; virtually all his games have been in midfield.

So the question should be, why is he not being considered as a midfielder?

Instead of slagging off a very decent player who plays with a big heart and gives 100%, why not criticise his manager for picking him as a striker?

That's where the problem (if any) lies.
  • Options
    Euell is way past his prime but still offers something to the team in the way of experience and a cool head in the dressing room.

But he showed today he can't finish, has no pace, and has a shocking touch.
    This...If CP is going to improve the squad in January, he should consider replacing Jason with a younger model
  • Options
    Powell said early on in the season he sees Euell as a striker more than a midfielder.