Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euell.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2011

While Euell may well be a positive figure on the training ground I totally agree with oriental & others who think he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team squad. Have to say I'm amused at the view of some that he isn't a striker anymore & should play in midfield. Why ? He's slow, he can't tackle, he has a poor first touch & no matter what he's done in the past he just seems to be totally lost. Other than being another body for Halifax to "worry" about I didn't notice anything positive to be taken from Euells performance today or any other occasion this season.

• Options
    Not his best ever performance today fairly obviously but not as bad as some paint it either. As Oggy says, much of his best work is done off the ball. His movement (which comes from years of experience) creates space and opportunities for others.

He wouldn't be in my first choice X1 anymore but I'm more than happy to have his experience in and around the squad.

• Options
    That is my point Len - glad somebody else could see that -If Powell decides to play him in the next cup game, well I'll back him over any on here - that is my other point.
  • Options
    I think Lens point about having Jason in and around the squad is very valid but my concern is that he is in the first team squad and regularly making the bench which of course means CP sees him in a completely different light to practically all of us.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    And that is my other point - who am I supposed to trust - Powell or practically all of you? - not being disrespectful but If he decides to pick me I'll think he must know something I don't! - I don't understand all his selections just saying that even though this is a discussion forum, Chrissy has earned the right for us not to question any of his selections and this thread is doing so.

And Euell wasn't terrible.
  • Options
    Muttley I respect the fact that CP has got us to where we are which is sitting pretty. However, I am not quite prepared to blindly accept decisions which I cannot either understand or agree with. I disagreed with Phil Parkinson when he wouldn't pick Jonjo and still do. Mr Parkinson is currently employed as a football manager so he must have been right then ?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    But it isn't because Chrissy is employed as a manager, but the job he is doing which means we should be going along with what he does. When I saw Hughes starting when Stephens' baby was born, I thought -oh no - got proved totally wrong -what he has done in the summer has been remarkable and I don't think anybody can seriously question any of his decisions. Euell is part of the first team squad for a reason- simples. Dont think he has cost us any points and he won us 2 against Bury.
  • Options
    Muttley I respect the fact that CP has got us to where we are which is sitting pretty. However, I am not quite prepared to blindly accept decisions which I cannot either understand or agree with. I disagreed with Phil Parkinson when he wouldn't pick Jonjo and still do. Mr Parkinson is currently employed as a football manager so he must have been right then ?
    I see your point but would draw the distinction that Powell is getting the desired results with his selection whereas Parky did not. (I'm not suggesting that was all Parky's fault before we launch into another Parky was crap oh no he wasn't thread!).

Therefore questioning Parky leaving Jonjo out was valid as the results were indifferent.
  • Options

Right, any suggestions for a debate topic anybody or shall we just list some positives. I'll start, 1. Lovely bunch of lads 2. We're top. 3. CP is a lovely bloke. I'm bored already as i think we all know that anyway. 

• Options
    I can see your point but whereas Hughes has come in and done a great job IMHO I don't think Jason has had that impact or shown any reason to be in the first 16.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought Euell offered nothing today. His first touch was very poor, tackling non existent, no pace. In my opinion I wouldn't even have him in the squad. Hayes was also poor. In fact up front we offered nothing.
  • Options
    I know it can be a bit of a nuisance not having anything to moan abouit but we have had the last 7 seasons with loads to moan about -maybe it is something we can live with. Or maybe we can moan about Sheff Wednesday instead as some are doing.
  • Options

4. Crowds are on the up

5. Attractive football

6. Lots of goals.

Nope, still bored. Has that badge not been fixed on the back of the north stand yet?

• Options
    gonna watch the jungle thing - nice bit of stuff on there - roll on the first shower bikini scene. didn't used to rate fatima either but since that jodie marsh would ya i've changed
  • Options
    Not his best ever performance today fairly obviously but not as bad as some paint it either. As Oggy says, much of his best work is done off the ball. His movement (which comes from years of experience) creates space and opportunities for others.

He wouldn't be in my first choice X1 anymore but I'm more than happy to have his experience in and around the squad.

what movement are u for real. didnt win one ball he went 2 marked out of the oh game by non leg/part time players.2far 2 slow weak.
  • Options
    And that is my other point - who am I supposed to trust - Powell or practically all of you? - not being disrespectful but If he decides to pick me I'll think he must know something I don't! - I don't understand all his selections just saying that even though this is a discussion forum, Chrissy has earned the right for us not to question any of his selections and this thread is doing so.

And Euell wasn't terrible.
    euill wasn;t terribie. you need 2 take them glasses off he was bad real bad
  • Options
    bazer - are you gonna dig out everyone who's view you don't agree with individually in a separate post, or do you want to maybe do it all in one go? It might save some time.
  • Options
    Smith is about 6ft3 isn't he? Not likely to be someone with much speed, thought he did well, nice little cross for Pritch.
    Usain Bolt is 6'5" and he is a bit nippy.
  • Options
    ill got loads of time is it a problem 2 you.
  • Options
    ill got loads of time is it a problem 2 you.
    Atta boy, that's the spirit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is a squad player in a 3rd tier club, who can come in and do a job when required like playing up front in a 1st Round Fa cup tie against a non league side with the team winning 4-0 allowing the star striker to sit out.
  • Options
    I see your point but would draw the distinction that Powell is getting the desired results with his selection whereas Parky did not. (I'm not suggesting that was all Parky's fault before we launch into another Parky was crap oh no he wasn't thread!).

Therefore questioning Parky leaving Jonjo out was valid as the results were indifferent.
    This.  Euell was embarassing today at times, so when I think about the likes of Benson doing his gardening or whatever, I wonder why not play him and at least put him in the shop window, if it's too much to stick Pritch on from the start (which is entirely sensible).

The flip side of this particular coin, as has been mentioned, was the Hughes decision, which had everyone worried (check the match thread)....unecessarily, as it turned out, because he's been great for us ever since.
  • Options
    He is a squad player in a 3rd tier club, who can come in and do a job when required like playing up front in a 1st Round Fa cup tie against a non league side with the team winning 4-0 allowing the star striker to sit out.
    That is a very relevent point. BWP and Kermy were both able to rest and avoided the risk of injury. It's a team game and the team won 4 0. Occasionally a player within a team has a stinker, it happens. Euell and Powell would probably be the first to admit that he had a poor game. Showing the guy a lack of respect, such as calling him " a donkey" helps nobody.
    This is one of the rare occasions on CL where both sides of the debate are correct in equal measure. It's just the lack of respect displayed by some posters that I don't like and I don't think it's helpful in the bonding process between the fans and the team.
  • Options
    Think pritchard should be used in a 4-4-1-1 formation in the last 15 mins of matches
  • Options
    Thought Euell offered nothing today. His first touch was very poor, tackling non existent, no pace. In my opinion I wouldn't even have him in the squad. Hayes was also poor. In fact up front we offered nothing.
    How many assists did Hayes get?

And everyone else saying Pritchard should be on the bench ahead of Euell, you do realise he's been injured - right???

The guy is our 4th choice striker in league one, what the hell do you really expect?
  • Options
    Really happy that our defence didnt buckle... only one save of note...

pritchard could be a gem for us... evina looked excellent i thought ... BWP almost scored and he was only on the pitch for 10 secs (cuptied now) just terrific overall... Jackson is a class above..

I am starting to get really hopeful this year....

and my dad sent me an old Yellow All sports top for my Bday... gonna be wearing that whne I play on Thursday... 

Its very good being a charlton fan at the mo... 

• Options
    But it isn't because Chrissy is employed as a manager, but the job he is doing which means we should be going along with what he does. When I saw Hughes starting when Stephens' baby was born, I thought -oh no - got proved totally wrong -what he has done in the summer has been remarkable and I don't think anybody can seriously question any of his decisions. Euell is part of the first team squad for a reason- simples. Dont think he has cost us any points and he won us 2 against Bury.
    The Hughes tackle early on, was one of the most difficult in football to get right.
    It stopped us going 1 down and chasing the game. Instead we appear to have cruised to a 4-0 away win.

Hughes is making a definite contribution on the pitch - big Jase is more about keeping the dressing room on side.
    CP should have given Euell and Crouchy 45 minutes each and then we would have got more of a look at latter while giving the former a break.
  • Options

If he had started Kermorgant and or Wright-Phillips and they had got injured people would have been saying why didn't he play Euell, whats the point of having him in the squad etc etc. Like most people i was a frustrated by his performance as i am sure he was, but we need a squad if we are going to get out of this league and over the season he has and will play his part.

• Options

If he had started Kermorgant and or Wright-Phillips and they had got injured people would have been saying why didn't he play Euell, whats the point of having him in the squad etc etc. Like most people i was a frustrated by his performance as i am sure he was, but we need a squad if we are going to get out of this league and over the season he has and will play his part.

Agree about the need for squad players, but I think most of us expected more than this from Jason.
    To say he looked past it was an understatement. Also if you are saying we have to protect Wright Phillips, why put him on late in the game, just as likely to get injured then?
    If that was the case why risk Jackson?, especially after the second goal.  
    The fact until Jackson scored we did not look convincing, and frankly I was glad to wrap up the game with a win, and hopefully give the squad players an outing. 

• Options
    edited November 2011