Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euell.

Comments

• Options
    Sad to say it but euell did look past it today and against lower league oppo, shame really, I think he relied an awful lot on his pace :(
  • Options
    He probably shoudl be given a run at midfield I agree, but as a striker, he's not up to scratch. Smith looked like one for the future to me too, but can't see him properly stepping up any time soon.
  • Options
    Also When Smith came on he looked miles better than Euell and set up Pritchard's goal.

Smith is defiantly one for the future.   
    Maybe something to do with playing against tiring part timers down to 10 men.  The poor analysis and disrespect on here are infuriating.
  • Options
    Think Smith is a big player and didnt have a bad touch imo and has a good footballing brain. Just not a natural finisher as he really snatched at his chance today
    Yes based on that one snippet I think it's absolutely fair to draw that conclusion.  If I ever see a young player snatch a chance I immediately leap to the conclusion that they are not a natural finisher and demand they are put in goals.  Jesus H.
  • Options
    Sure he's not up there with BWP or Kermit, but he is our fourth choice striker;  I reckon that's about right.

At one point today he looked like he was going to try an overhead kick - wish he had gone for it.
  • Options
    Knew they'd be a complete overreaction on here. Euell isn't first choice but is good enough for where we are imo

He won't be first choic eunless Hayes/Kermo and BWP are all out injured and that's fine for 4th choice in L1
  • Options
    Loved him in his first stint at the club today he was toilet, but it was never going to be his type of game today.
  • Options
    Sure he's not up there with BWP or Kermit, but he is our fourth choice striker;  I reckon that's about right.

At one point today he looked like he was going to try an overhead kick - wish he had gone for it.
    Wasn't that just before Hayes' volley? Think Im thinking of the right thing...
  • Options
    Think Smith is a big player and didnt have a bad touch imo and has a good footballing brain. Just not a natural finisher as he really snatched at his chance today
    Yes based on that one snippet I think it's absolutely fair to draw that conclusion.  If I ever see a young player snatch a chance I immediately leap to the conclusion that they are not a natural finisher and demand they are put in goals.  Jesus H.
    lol...

i said natural finisher, as in, naturally always remains calm and composed in front of goal, which come along once in a blue moon.

Go somewhere else and troll. Muppet
  • Options
    Yes it was. Good cross from Hayes for Taylor's goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No one could ever question his commitment but Jason was poor today and has lost a yard of pace, which will tell wherever he plays.

He is likely to be vying for the second reserve striker slot with Smith ( and even Waggy ), as I'm sure that the Club will try and move Benson on in the January window ( if he doesn't go out earlier on loan, with a view to a permanent deal ). In the event of injuries, I think we'll look to get someone in, whether on loan or permanently - always a bit easier, as well, when you're riding high.
  • Options
    Knew they'd be a complete overreaction on here. Euell isn't first choice but is good enough for where we are imo

He won't be first choic eunless Hayes/Kermo and BWP are all out injured and that's fine for 4th choice in L1
    not overreaction. not good enough end of get real.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I agree, said it before, hes a donkey
    And you are, how old? Did you ever see him for us in the Premier League? 

I agree with Off_it, by the way, Oriental. It takes a bloody odd mindset to post something like that immediately after a 4-0 win. There are no easy games any more. Ask Huddersfield. Jesus wept.
    Yes I did actually, and that was when Euell was at peak age. Got nothing to do with it.

Euell was poor, the fact we got 3 goals near the end shouldnt hide this.
    Why be satisfied with a poor player when we can get better.
  • Options

To echo what others have said - he didn't have his best game but that doesn't mean that he's finished as a player. Today I think CP ought to have played Hayes as the link man with Euell on the shoulder of the last defender using his strength, experience and workrate to pull the defenders out of position.

I think Hayes played better when Stephens was in the side. As good as Hughes and Hollands are, a link man will benefit more from better quality passing into feet which Stephens provides. Kermorgant (whose service tends to come arielly anyway) and (especially) BWP both have a fantastic first touch so it's less of an issue for them.

• Options
    I respect your point of view. I see where you're coming from, however, without Euell's experience, around the training ground and on the bench, I don't think we would be sitting in first place. That's the same as Hughes. That is why these players are there. We all know Euell hasn't been great for us this season but his experience is crucial in a young team.
  • Options
    No problem with what oriental has said. At 1-0 i was screaming (at the telly) for Euell to be taken off. Ignore them would be my advice oriental - they worry that Euell or CP might be reading and get upset. They're big boys and will know whats what themselves and i think following the jan window, we won't see a lot of Euell and, i agree, Pritchard and Evina should be on the bench and nurtured as they look to have a lot to offer. (CP will know this i'm sure and Jason Euell won't have a problem with that - he was very good for us previously and he probably sees his future in coaching now anyway.   
  • Options
    Give time on the pitch to younger players that need the experience and pose more threat, I reckon.  I am really looking forward to seeing more of Pritch, for instance.

I was shocked at how bad his touch was today (I wasn't shocked at his lack of pace), but thought he handed a shit sandwich by being played up front - surely he would be more effective in midfield?

Outlines our need to get hold of a striker with pace to play with Kermy/Hayes if BWP gets crocked (which is fairly likely at some point).  Didn't think Hayes was that bad, he just didn't have his shooting boots on today, that's all; he does put the effort in and can be quite creative as well as holding the ball up well and playing others in....he will still be a key part of the team this season IMHO.

Did also wonder why CP waited so long to make changes (particularly why Euell wasn't subbed at HT and replaced by Pritchard), but that's his style, I suppose....and it worked because we won 4-0!  In hindsight, signing Euell up hasn't really worked so far, but given how many of his signings have been superb, it doesn't actually matter that much in the great scheme of things....I am sure that CP has his targets for January and I have no doubt that they will make the squad even stronger than it is now and ensure that we are right up there come May.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Give time on the pitch to younger players that need the experience and pose more threat, I reckon.  I am really looking forward to seeing more of Pritch, for instance.

I was shocked at how bad his touch was today (I wasn't shocked at his lack of pace), but thought he handed a shit sandwich by being played up front - surely he would be more effective in midfield?

Outlines our need to get hold of a striker with pace to play with Kermy/Hayes if BWP gets crocked (which is fairly likely at some point).  Didn't think Hayes was that bad, he just didn't have his shooting boots on today, that's all; he does put the effort in and can be quite creative as well as holding the ball up well and playing others in....he will still be a key part of the team this season IMHO.

Did also wonder why CP waited so long to make changes (particularly why Euell wasn't subbed at HT and replaced by Pritchard), but that's his style, I suppose....and it worked because we won 4-0!  In hindsight, signing Euell up hasn't really worked so far, but given how many of his signings have been superb, it doesn't actually matter that much in the great scheme of things....I am sure that CP has his targets for January and I have no doubt that they will make the squad even stronger than it is now and ensure that we are right up there come May.
    Pritchard has only just started training after a long injury lay-off. He probably wasn't fit enough to start or even play a half.

That said he looked pacy and skillful in his short cameo.
  • Options

Sorry, Euell is most definately not good enough anymore, even as fourth choice striker. Didn't want him back, he was rubbish when he left us a few years ago. Just tying up valuable wages IMO.
  • Options
    Why did he get booed off? Wasn't our fans was it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why did he get booed off? Wasn't our fans was it?
    No idea...it was Haifax fans though, I presume they were booing the decision to sub him rather than booing the player.
  • Options
    I'm happy to go along with Sir Chris - Euell was ok and did a decent job - A way of getting some experience on the pitch too. Glad so many feel qualified to question our mighty manager- I certainly don't.
  • Options
    No problem with what oriental has said. At 1-0 i was screaming (at the telly) for Euell to be taken off. Ignore them would be my advice oriental - they worry that Euell or CP might be reading and get upset. They're big boys and will know whats what themselves and i think following the jan window, we won't see a lot of Euell and, i agree, Pritchard and Evina should be on the bench and nurtured as they look to have a lot to offer. (CP will know this i'm sure and Jason Euell won't have a problem with that - he was very good for us previously and he probably sees his future in coaching now anyway.   
    Cheers BD.

I figured this would be a sensitive point of discussion due to Jason's standing with the club.

I agree with everyone in relation to Jason being a positive influence off the field, taking his coaching badges, sharing his experience, etc.  SCP has already stated that he brought Jason back to the club mostly for his knowledge, experience, influence and versatility anyway.

I just don't see him performing a useful role in the match-day squad of 16.  We have younger, hungrier players waiting in the wings who currently have the ability to change games and need game time in order to fulfill their potential.

• Options
    I'm happy to go along with Sir Chris - Euell was ok and did a decent job - A way of getting some experience on the pitch too. Glad so many feel qualified to question our mighty manager- I certainly don't.
    'Was ok and did a decent job'  -  you definately need to take your blinkers off, one of the worst performances I have seen in ages, embarrasing!
  • Options

He really had a poor game and sadly there's no denying it.

Fortunately it wasn't against the quality of opposition that could capitalise on it.

• Options
    Strange thing to say Mutley - it's not about questioning our manager. It's a game of opinions and CP wouldn't claim to get all his decisions right. If you get most right you're doing well as a manager. Be dull on here if we all refused to offer an opinion in case it was seen as being an attempt to undermine the manager. Questionning Euells' inclusion is no different to those who question Benson's absense. CP clearly doesn't rate Benson and i agree but i wouldn't suggest it was bo**ox or strange to disagree.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Wasn't his best game but he wasn't terrible by any means

Not strange at all, we will all question the manager- me as much as the next man when things aren't going so well but we have scored 19 goals in our last 5 victorious games- we are clear at the top of the league and safely negotiated a genuine banana skin (which is what the tv cameras were looking for). I think we should be praising the selection and be very pleased rather than highlight a player who performed a role and did Ok - but maybe that is a strange stand point - pardon me if I support whatever Chrissy decides is the team to play- I think he has earned that much which was the point I'm trying to make! Read some of the comments on here and you'd think we were mid table and lost today!
  • Options
    Wasn't his best game but he wasn't terrible by any means

I actually thought that today he was terrible.
  • Options
    yep agree he was toilet
  • Options
    He wasn't terrible but i think his partnership with Hayes today just reinforced the view that we have 4 strikers and none of them can really play with anybody other than BWP and by far the furthest down the pecking order is Euell. It could be argued he helped defend from the front but crucially at 1-0, midway through the second half, we were under pressure and couldn't seem to mount an attack and it was crying out for a change. Jackson settled things but i'm sure most would agree that it was in the balance at that stage.