Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall's slide towards relegation continues

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2012
    They have enough quality but don't have goals in the team - I would be very worried if I cared - they look to me to be one of the favourites to drop unless they can resolve this issue in the window.
  • Options
    They are in trouble, think Coventry are certs to go down as they have a manager I've never heard of and a team full of the same.

Doncaster have Diouf and Sharp and with them they will get goals, Forest are underachieving don't really know what's gone wrong there but I'd back them out of anyone down there to get out of it.
  • Options
    it was also snowing for the few days before the bristol city game and the game was only declared on at lunchtime on the day, would have probably taken 6,000 otherwise
  • Options

Loved it when checked final scores of madrid game and noticed they had lost, as had checked when thought game had finished as was 0-0 - made me £175 better off!!

I will be taking out the money to wave at Millwall mates, thanking them.....

• Options
    I know a loss is a loss but in the context of Bristol City's recent form I would think that that was a reasonable performance. Think Jackett has the nous to pick up enough points but we all know what it's like when you get into a tail spin. Coventry and Donny are certs IMHO and Forest have shown nothing to suggest a revival. I think third relegation spot will be down to the wire but I expect Forest to go down. Jackett will need to wheel and deal in the summer if he gets the chance !
  • Options
    I wouldn't discount Ipswich at the moment.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I know a loss is a loss but in the context of Bristol City's recent form I would think that that was a reasonable performance. Think Jackett has the nous to pick up enough points but we all know what it's like when you get into a tail spin. Coventry and Donny are certs IMHO and Forest have shown nothing to suggest a revival. I think third relegation spot will be down to the wire but I expect Forest to go down. Jackett will need to wheel and deal in the summer if he gets the chance !
    How much patience do the Millwall fans and board have with Jackett?
  • Options

If Millwall can get a reasonable striker from somewhere they will be fine.

They must be strong if great players like Therry Racon, who was idolised by many on here, don't get a game

• Options
    I think they'll stay up too but a few weeks ago I thought it was 1 from about 8 teams with Cov and Doncaster already down but they're more in touch now so it's possibly 3 from 6? 
  • Options
    edited January 2012

I think Berylson (sp) has been quoted as saying that Jackett is the man for the job so unless the knuckle dragging element start getting uppity and forget what Jackett has done for the club and start giving the board grief I imagine Jackett will be safe. Unless the abuse gets too much and he walks which I understand has happened before at Millwall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Berylson (sp) has been quoted as saying that Jackett is the man for the job so unless the knuckle dragging element start getting uppity and forget what Jackett has done for the club and start giving the board grief I imagine Jackett will be safe. Unless the abuse gets too much and he walks which I understand has happened before at Millwall.

He'll be backed for a little while longer yet....but with a potential banana skin against Dagenham Saturday (as well as the media frenzy when our east london chums come to say hello) followed by Birmingham (h), Barnsley (a) and Watford (h) rounded off with a visit to Upton Park...it could be cup disaster, 0 points and a thrashing in east london which will have the crowd baying for blood.

Alternatively, we thrash Daggers, pick up draws wtih Brum & Barnsley, beat Watford at home and go to Upton Park & come away with a point or 3 and march towards the top half.

• Options

He'll be backed for a little while longer yet....but with a potential banana skin against Dagenham Saturday (as well as the media frenzy when our east london chums come to say hello) followed by Birmingham (h), Barnsley (a) and Watford (h) rounded off with a visit to Upton Park...it could be cup disaster, 0 points and a thrashing in east london which will have the crowd baying for blood.

Alternatively, we thrash Daggers, pick up draws wtih Brum & Barnsley, beat Watford at home and go to Upton Park & come away with a point or 3 and march towards the top half.

You have to love the blind optimism of football fans. Good luck with that lot. I expect about half of that happening.
  • Options
    i think they ll stay up and i think they have a good chairman and a damned good manager who has got an awful lots from his players ....the weakness,potentially is the playing strength 

• Options

they need a striker in on loan pronto if they are gonna survive.

dont really conceed many...only 1 more than cardiff who are third. they just cant score. reading the report from last night they sound like they created plenty of chances.

from our point of view its a win win situation...they get relegated or if they stay up we get to play them next year (when we go up :-/ )

• Options
    Where did the Morison transfer money go !?
  • Options

I saw them against Palace and since then they have signed Harry Kane off Spurs who made his debut last night alongside our former prodigy Josh Wright .

I think the Daggers game could be big for them . Although I do not see the Spanners losing , the Daggers are having a mini rivival recently and beat Branet and Gillingham at home over the holiday period .  

I agree with BRE in that Coventry will get relegated despite them winning twice over Xmas and that Doncaster would be my second tip although bizarely they have this McKay policy of picking up his clients on cheap contracts and they too have picked up some good results lately . The third spot is definately difficult to predict .

As long as Millwall keep Jackett they will be fine.

• Options
    Where did the Morison transfer money go !?
    On paying off debts, signings, wages & loans.
  • Options
    You do have to wonder if Jackett has taken them just about as far as he can. I think Berylson has them on a sound financial footing and quite rightly isn't prepared to jeopardise that with non prudent or panic signings but for once the Jackett summer dealings look to be suspect and it seems from what I hear from my father in law (Millwall royalty) that the up and at em fully committed playing style the fans demand is lacking this season which they just won't tolerate so get on the players backs at the slightest sign of things going wrong. Once things start to go wrong for the team The New Den or the old one for that matter isn't the place for players to get their confidence back. Its also a club with a relatively small fan base and even when they are flying they can only ever seem to attract 11,000 Wembley visits aside when about a gazillion come out from behind the skirting boards. I think that last seasons good showing was very much on the back of their promotion and the goal scoring of Morrison. That impetus has now gone and I feel that they are now pretty much punching their true weight. I wonder if things carry on in the same vein for a few weeks longer whether KJ could be tempted into applying for the job of Wales manager. Interesting times for our local rivals.
  • Options
    I was surprised to see Millwall struggling but now they have dropped back down there after a couple of good wins a few weeks back, I think they have a relegation fight on their hands.

• Options
    What lessons can we learn from Millwalls experience in the Championship ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get a stronger squad do not sell our best players.
  • Options
    What lessons can we learn from Millwalls experience in the Championship ?

Don't take on Charlton rejects or you will surely struggle.   (Racon & Wright).
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    To be fair when he is fit I think Henderson would be good for them but if what I've read tonight on a link to the Millwall Reporter accordingtoaldo's Twitter account is true it looks very bad to say the least for him.
  • Options
    In our pre season friendly Millwall scraped a 4-3 win (I think that was the score.) BWP scored some nice goals as did Henderson. 
    It'll be a close shave but I think they will stay up as they are always difficult to beat at home. You have to admire Jackett for what he has achieved on minimal resources. Now he has to properly replace Morison and find a replacement for Henderson if he does porridge. 
    Because of their dodgy image Millwall don't attract neutral fans and can't attract business firms so it will always be hard for them to build. The real fear for them is that Beryl will up sticks...but there is always some moneyed ego maniac to step in aka Theo or tangoman at palarse.
  • Options
    kenny Jackett Charlton ledgend if he takes them down,when were going up!
  • Options
    In our pre season friendly Millwall scraped a 4-3 win (I think that was the score.) BWP scored some nice goals as did Henderson. 
    It'll be a close shave but I think they will stay up as they are always difficult to beat at home. You have to admire Jackett for what he has achieved on minimal resources. Now he has to properly replace Morison and find a replacement for Henderson if he does porridge. 
    Because of their dodgy image Millwall don't attract neutral fans and can't attract business firms so it will always be hard for them to build. The real fear for them is that Beryl will up sticks...but there is always some moneyed ego maniac to step in aka Theo or tangoman at palarse.
    The amount of neutrals we attract made me walk out early one game.
  • Options
    Did they both block your view?
  • Options
    Did they both block your view?
    :)
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    It feels like the bubble has burst for them which is a shame......Ok, it isn't a shame, it is actually very funny. I honestly think they will go down unless they manage to find a way to get some goals into the side - which they have a chance to do to be fair.
  • Options

They have two awful left backs in Steward and Barron, neither would be second choice with us.

Need a forward to partner Henderson, Simpson is not good enough.

I think they lack a number 8 midfielder, to score and assist, Trotter is good probably don't have a hand in enough goals/assists!

I still believe they'll stay up though.