Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Millwall's slide towards relegation continues

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2012
    are you a millwall fan?
    without a doubt he is.
  • Options
    Of course he is. Some poor efforts from the wum today.
  • Options
    are you a millwall fan?
    I have been asked this before and I gave my answer to that if I was a millwall fan I would say so why should I not, if want to think that then fine I cannot help what you think.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    are you a millwall fan?
    I have been asked this before and I gave my answer to that if I was a millwall fan I would say so why should I not, if want to think that then fine I cannot help what you think.

Whats with the unhealthy interest with them then ie 99% of your posts, quoting random books about them etc?.

Dont think id be interested in reading a book about other clubs even ones i consider local rivals like palace and millwall and you seem to denounce and diminish any hint of a rivalry with them making your obsession with them even more creepy if you are indeed a Charlton supporter (who spends his time at the Den when we are playing our biggest game of the season).
  • Options
    Frank you aren't posting anything controversial so why the pretence that you're charlton?

Odd.
    He is, I thought the same.
  • Options
    The Gills are bigger rivals to Millwall than us....really?

4 out of 10 and way too easy to spot.
  • Options
    frankboreoffman
    your love/support of millwall is creepy whether you support us or not

they are back uns and everyone knows it
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Millwall are very important - I keep saying it but they are our fan filter. Admittedly one or two still get through but think of all the ******s we would have if Millwall didn't exist. They can't really claim to be bigger than anybody because they are not but to be fair Jackett did put a decent team together and I didn't wish them particular ill, but it is now well and truly going t*ts up for them and I'm not heartbroken lol.
  • Options
    Chelsea / Fulham is not a good comparison because Chelsea are far bigger than the Cottagers and I don't think anyone could claim the Spanners are bigger than us .

I don't want them to go down because I want this Charlton team to go to the Toolbox.

We need to remember that their rivalry with West Ham has nothing to do with football . It is about the London Docks dispute and hooligan disputes that started with the Harry Cripps testimonials in 1972.
    There was a football rivalry from the start since they were both clubs from the docks, played plenty of times prior to WW1 and competed in the East End Cup etc. My granddad recounts stories of banter & digs on the docks between the 2 sets of fans. He never mentioned the supposed dock dispute and that seems to be a more recent myth. Add to the mix that both clubs fans would see themselves as being SE London v East London and all that goes with it in football & outside of football.

Of course, the off the pitch stuff added a whole other violent dimension to it.

• Options
    In our pre season friendly Millwall scraped a 4-3 win (I think that was the score.) BWP scored some nice goals as did Henderson. 
    It'll be a close shave but I think they will stay up as they are always difficult to beat at home. You have to admire Jackett for what he has achieved on minimal resources. Now he has to properly replace Morison and find a replacement for Henderson if he does porridge. 
    Because of their dodgy image Millwall don't attract neutral fans and can't attract business firms so it will always be hard for them to build. The real fear for them is that Beryl will up sticks...but there is always some moneyed ego maniac to step in aka Theo or tangoman at palarse.
    It was a pre season friendly a testimonial to be precise do you think that Millwall fans would have lost any sleep over the result of that game if you do you are kidding yourself.

You need to understand where our blokes get exicted about beating millwall to them we are not on their radar West Ham s their biggest London Rival then followed by Palace they enjoy beating Gillingham more than us.
    Yes we are nearer to them than both west ham & palace in fact it is bit like Chelsea/Fulham what they are about 2 miles apart and where fulham consider chelsea are their big rivals, chelsea do not even consider Fulham to them Arsenal,Spurs,West Ham are the big games.

Most Millwall fans will tell you that derby games against Charlton are the most one sided they have beaten us more times than we have beaten them so if we win every now and then well they do not get exicted

Henderson will not do time

I've heard all this before. All the millwall fans i know get more of a buzz out of beating us than anybody else. West Ham may be their nemesis hooliganwise and palace may irritate them to death (and probably be the team historically they've spent most time in the same diivision as) but i can guarantee you that we share a part of london with millwall and it is the local rivalry in south east london to most fans of both clubs.
    we may share a part of London but that is it but in the book written by Gary Robson "No One Likes Us ,We don't care " the myth and reality of millwall fandom we do not get a mention except at the time of the book was written it refers to the 4 clubs then in South London Us,Palace,Wimbledon,Millwall it refers to a distance of about 5 miles between each club and how different they are.

as i say, i've heard all that guff before - reality and books are very different.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    are you a millwall fan?
    of course he is.
  • Options
    In our pre season friendly Millwall scraped a 4-3 win (I think that was the score.) BWP scored some nice goals as did Henderson. 
    It'll be a close shave but I think they will stay up as they are always difficult to beat at home. You have to admire Jackett for what he has achieved on minimal resources. Now he has to properly replace Morison and find a replacement for Henderson if he does porridge. 
    Because of their dodgy image Millwall don't attract neutral fans and can't attract business firms so it will always be hard for them to build. The real fear for them is that Beryl will up sticks...but there is always some moneyed ego maniac to step in aka Theo or tangoman at palarse.
    It was a pre season friendly a testimonial to be precise do you think that Millwall fans would have lost any sleep over the result of that game if you do you are kidding yourself.

You need to understand where our blokes get exicted about beating millwall to them we are not on their radar West Ham s their biggest London Rival then followed by Palace they enjoy beating Gillingham more than us.
    Yes we are nearer to them than both west ham & palace in fact it is bit like Chelsea/Fulham what they are about 2 miles apart and where fulham consider chelsea are their big rivals, chelsea do not even consider Fulham to them Arsenal,Spurs,West Ham are the big games.

Most Millwall fans will tell you that derby games against Charlton are the most one sided they have beaten us more times than we have beaten them so if we win every now and then well they do not get exicted

I've heard all this before. All the millwall fans i know get more of a buzz out of beating us than anybody else. West Ham may be their nemesis hooliganwise and palace may irritate them to death (and probably be the team historically they've spent most time in the same diivision as) but i can guarantee you that we share a part of london with millwall and it is the local rivalry in south east london to most fans of both clubs.
    we may share a part of London but that is it but in the book written by Gary Robson "No One Likes Us ,We don't care " the myth and reality of millwall fandom we do not get a mention except at the time of the book was written it refers to the 4 clubs then in South London Us,Palace,Wimbledon,Millwall it refers to a distance of about 5 miles between each club and how different they are.

as i say, i've heard all that guff before - reality and books are very different.
    Dunno what your reality is but I don't know any Millwall who hate Charlton.

They all hate west ham and many hate Palace, but not met any yet who hate Charlton. You just ain't that hateable!

• Options
    Frank you utter freak
  • Options
    Millwall don't hate us that much (unlike Palace), but our game was their first sell out in six years. So it's clearly a massive game for both clubs.
  • Options

Dunno what your reality is but I don't know any Millwall who hate Charlton.

They all hate west ham and many hate Palace, but not met any yet who hate Charlton. You just ain't that hateable!

i didn't say anything about hate
  • Options
    There was a football rivalry from the start since they were both clubs from the docks, played plenty of times prior to WW1 and competed in the East End Cup etc. My granddad recounts stories of banter & digs on the docks between the 2 sets of fans. He never mentioned the supposed dock dispute and that seems to be a more recent myth. Add to the mix that both clubs fans would see themselves as being SE London v East London and all that goes with it in football & outside of football.

I understand that they were rival Docks teams which started the rivalry and the Dock strike was part of that or an urban myth depending on which version of history you believe .

My point is that by the 1970's this element had disappeared because Millwall had not played West Ham for about 40 years (apart from one season in the late 40's) .

Arry Boy's testimonial provocked the outset of the modern rivalry which got worse four years later when a Millwall supporter died fleeing from West Ham fans ( ironically leaving a game against us at the Valley ).

Indeed Millwall's fans arrogantly see themselves as being SE London 'and all that goes with it in football & outside of football'.

I would only argue the football point with you because we have had more crucial games against West Ham than Millwall have , but 'outside football' you make my point for me .

Finally for Frank's benefit my point was Chelsea see Fulham like West Ham see Orient as not on their radar , if Millwall see us in this way then it shows how deluded they are and again it would not be about football but the fact the Addicks have never been rated as a firm.

• Options
    Millwall don't hate us that much (unlike Palace), but our game was their first sell out in six years. So it's clearly a massive game for both clubs.
    exactly
  • Options

I understand that they were rival Docks teams which started the rivalry and the Dock strike was part of that or an urban myth depending on which version of history you believe .

My point is that by the 1970's this element had disappeared because Millwall had not played West Ham for about 40 years (apart from one season in the late 40's) .

Arry Boy's testimonial provocked the outset of the modern rivalry which got worse four years later when a Millwall supporter died fleeing from West Ham fans ( ironically leaving a game against us at the Valley ).

Indeed Millwall's fans arrogantly see themselves as being SE London 'and all that goes with it in football & outside of football'.

I would only argue the football point with you because we have had more crucial games against West Ham than Millwall have , but 'outside football' you make my point for me .

Finally for Frank's benefit my point was Chelsea see Fulham like West Ham see Orient as not on their radar , if Millwall see us in this way then it shows how deluded they are and again it would not be about football but the fact the Addicks have never been rated as a firm.

Sorry if I got this wrong but who mentioned anything about firms ? this about supporters of a club who not see you has a big rival it is that simple

• Options
    frankboreoffman
    your love/support of millwall is creepy whether you support us or not

they are back uns and everyone knows it
    neither love or support millwall I do not how old you are or someothers posting on this thread but I was watching charlton play before you was born

• Options
    Haven't you got complaints about stewards to be writing?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So why the sell out in home areas when we played you?

When you played Gillingham, your massive rivals, were there not thousands of empty blue seats? Those Rainham Boys have a fearful reputation.
  • Options
    Because of all you Charlton fans that got tickets with your Millwall supporting mates!!

• Options
    Because of all you Charlton fans that got tickets with your Millwall supporting mates!!

yeah charlton were all over the den. if we had scored then all four stands would of been jumping for joy.
  • Options
    this about supporters of a club who not see you as a big rival it is that simple

I thought Frank said he supported us
  • Options
    the desperate nature of the ticketless millwall fans when it was -2 at the valley on the last saturday before christmas to be loitering round there proves one thing only .............we do mean a lot to the scum
    i mean perleeease if we don't mean that much why bother going to all that hassle of posturing in a firm of 80 hard men if you wanna slip in the ground

weird weird weird
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    exactly
    Plus the storming into the valley during the home game.

If frank aint a millwall fan I'm the queen of England!

• Options
    edited January 2012
    'Sparrows and Borman' a tight double act - in fact so tight i think they exist in the same body - it's Sparrows way of gradually morphing into the Charlton supporter he always wishes he was.
  • Options
    Millwall are very important - I keep saying it but they are our fan filter. Admittedly one or two still get through but think of all the ******s we would have if Millwall didn't exist. They can't really claim to be bigger than anybody because they are not but to be fair Jackett did put a decent team together and I didn't wish them particular ill, but it is now well and truly going t*ts up for them and I'm not heartbroken lol.
    My thoughts exactly !
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Just had a look over on the millwall board and some plum called groucho is clearly upset coz he's tring to convince people that an article written about us in WSC was written by the whole football fraternity rather than one bloke. There's others on there, a bit dim and sucked in by it, who, in a clear display of how little we mean to them, claim its the best thing they've ever seen. You've got to laugh at em.
  • Options
    That's what happens when they're doing sh1t. They revert to "yeah we're crap and have the smallest crowds in South London, but we are passionate fans".