Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Haynes (ed. signed on 18 month contract)

Comments

• Options
    did Keith Hill sign Haynes? If not we all know that Managers like their own players in for various reasons.

6 / 20 is poor.   That equates to 12 tops for a season - not what we want a striker to be delivering in the Championship - we need both our strikers getting a minimum of 15 goals each in a season

that actually equates to 14 in a 46 game season so just 1 short of your requirement. Sure he can make that up over a season. Haynes in my opinion is better than Clarke and Hayes and Euell so yes please.
  • Options

6 / 20 is poor.   That equates to 12 tops for a season - not what we want a striker to be delivering in the Championship - we need both our strikers getting a minimum of 15 goals each in a season

Really? I think 1 in 3.3 is enough from a player who has been playing in a crap team at the bottom of the Championship, who will no doubt benefit from more positive football and a winning attitude at us, especially seeing as he's only 23 still. Waggy, Jackson, Green, Hollands and Stephens all have the ability to score goals in the Championship as well. we're no longer dependent on strikers to score everything for us, as we have better attack minded midfielders compared to recent seasons.
  • Options
    It doesn't say anything at all - some players handle a step up much better than others - there are factors like playing styles that have an impact as well as the level of football. SCP seems  to have his head screwed on with transfers so any he brings in are fine with me.
  • Options
    edited January 2012

Well, if he had a goalscoring ratio of substantially better than
    around 1 in 3;   then not only would clubs be queuing up to buy him, but
    Barnsley wouldn't be prepared to let him go.

Anyway, some of those appearances were short cameo sub appearances, so 6 in 20 is a fairly decent return for a striker.
  • Options
    Haynes to Millwall is what I've heard from a Millwall fan with contacts.
  • Options
    My Barnsley mate says 'think rommedahl'. He doesn't mean it in a good way
  • Options
    I would take that. One of Denmarks greatest ever players.
  • Options
    If only. Sadly he's focusing more on the fast running down the wing with no end product. Disappointed to hear that as I thought he might be a decent player. Still, you never know
  • Options
    Yes please, good player with pace
  • Options
    Accordingtoaldo on Twitter a Millwall reporter posted this tonight.

From what I've been hearing there is absolutely nothing to choose between #Millwall and #CAFC. Haynes could go to either club
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a no brainier, he'd choose us.
  • Options
    It's a no brainier, he'd choose us.
    We are on the up. They are struggling.
  • Options
    Aldo just Tweeted again that the rumour of Millwall signing Haynes as a done deal should be treated with ' extreme caution' and that 'nothing is agreed - yet '.

• Options
    Not sure about this one, looked a real prospect but has lost his way...hang on Millwall want him sign him now
  • Options
    ;o)
  • Options
    Great player on his day. Lightning quick, and useful off the bench at least. Laziness and god-awful technique counter that though, and whats the point in a concorde without a wing...?
    He is rumoured to be on 6 grand plus, which would make him one of our top 3 earners. And he isnt ever going to get a sniff under Hillcroft. And when Vaz Te is 10 times the player, why keep him?
    But dont get me wrong, he gave us a brace at Sheff Utd in a game that will go down in reds folklore, and at 23 he can work on his weaknesses. But does he want to...? Im not convinced.
    Worth a punt. But thats what we said 12 months ago, and now I am quoting verbatim the same stuff that Ipswich/Bristol fans told us.
    I hope he picks you over Millwall though. We can do without him being at a club around us in the safety battle...
    And MASSIVE best wishes against the deluded deedars Wendy.. hate that lot with a burning passion.
    Much love, Whitey.. :)
  • Options
    cheers Whitey, oh and can you do your best to send the Spanners down
  • Options
    Not sure about this one, Whitey above has seen him play for the past year and he hasn't really done it. I've seen enough wingers with a load of pace but no end product to last a lifetime would prefer Ephraim back instead.
  • Options
    Great player on his day. Lightning quick, and useful off the bench at least. Laziness and god-awful technique counter that though, and whats the point in a concorde without a wing...?
    He is rumoured to be on 6 grand plus, which would make him one of our top 3 earners. And he isnt ever going to get a sniff under Hillcroft. And when Vaz Te is 10 times the player, why keep him?
    But dont get me wrong, he gave us a brace at Sheff Utd in a game that will go down in reds folklore, and at 23 he can work on his weaknesses. But does he want to...? Im not convinced.
    Worth a punt. But thats what we said 12 months ago, and now I am quoting verbatim the same stuff that Ipswich/Bristol fans told us.
    I hope he picks you over Millwall though. We can do without him being at a club around us in the safety battle...
    And MASSIVE best wishes against the deluded deedars Wendy.. hate that lot with a burning passion.
    cheers fella. always good to get the view of other fans.

• Options
    well Ipswich fans told us Bent couldn't finish so I wouldn't trust their judgement on anyone. Wendies told us Morrison was useless but gues what, he isn't. I'll reserve judgement until he plays for us, if he signs.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A concorde without wings is..............a rocket. ;-)
  • Options
    Aldo just Tweeted

Millwall still negotiating with Barnsley re: Danny Haynes. Appears sticking point is agreeing on fee for any future transfer.
  • Options
    who is aldo?
  • Options
    I referred to the Millwall reporter on Twitter accordingtoaldo earlier in the thread .
  • Options
    I referred to the Millwall reporter on Twitter accordingtoaldo earlier in the thread .
    Cheers.
  • Options
    who is aldo?
    John Aldridge
  • Options
    Liked the look of him in his first loan spell, but hasn't progressed much and if Barnsley are willing to ship him out to a relegation rival then it doesn't say much.
  • Options
    Ipswich mate says he was always played out of position with them. He's a striker, but was played out on the wing and had no end product.
  • Options
    Ipswich mate says he was always played out of position with them. He's a striker, but was played out on the wing and had no end product.
    The Poor Mans Theo Walcott then?
  • Options
    Couple of people on twitter seem to think we've got him