Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Haynes (ed. signed on 18 month contract)

Comments

• Options
    Green and Haynes return...wonder what Dean Chandler and Paul Bacon are up to?
  • Options
    No we've got 24 hours to go! ;-0

But I've had my legs crossed for the last 2 hours.....
  • Options
    Feel like a kid in the back of the family car...

" Have we signed him yet ?"

See if we can find a baby goat then

• Options
    My preference of strikers is:
    1) BWP
    2) Kermo
    3) Hayes
    4)Haynes
    5)Clarke

Hayes is so underrated. He offers BWP as much (if not more) as what Kermo offers him. The only thing is is that Kermo scores more goals.

Haynes is the perfect replacement for BWP which we don't really have so that's why he is above Clarke in the pecking order.

I am not too bothered as to whether we get him or not because it will mean we have 5 strikers (8 if you include Popo, Smith and Euell) and somebody is not going to like it.
  • Options
    I agree Hayes is underated but kermo is just frickin brilliant. That dinked pass he put through to bwp at fulham was quality. Not to mention the amount of headers he wins. But I do agree about Hayes being underrated but the kermonator has earnt his place in the team since he came in
  • Options
    I think we need a bit of pace up top at times, especially at home to stretch teams and free up some space for the midfield to press, always nice to bag one over Millwall as well, is he up to it in championship for us? Is Clarke? Maybe, Maybe not but if there not the one thing I've learnt about Powell this year if your not, your not in the team ... Mr Nice Guy .... He may beam from ear to ear but he can be ruthless
  • Options
    Reckon I am the Only one who doesn't seem to rate him! Hope the new too can offer something different and give us a new angle if needed.
  • Options
    I'd play Hayes in a front 3 or maybe midefield, not a ST imo.

Hope we get Haynes.
  • Options
    In response to DiscoCAFC:
    Andy Gray is the highest earner allegedly, and at 34, he is impossible to get rid of. I reckon he wouldnt be here otherwise.
    He has had games where he's been key for us, especially the start of this season, when Haynes, Davies and Vaz Te were out. We had to play him, and he got 4 goals in an unbeaten 7 game run. It looked like he had finally clicked under new management. We dont ever expect goals from him, but he's a clever guy, that does a lot of spade work bringing others in.
    But he then got injured, and Davies got back in. And the rest is history, as Craig hit 8 goals in 8 games, backed up by Butterfield and Vaz Te.
    And when you see Davies, you wish he could hold it better than he does, like Gray. But Gray will never turn on a sixpence and bullet a 30 yarder in like Davies.
    But, he is still here, until his contract ends in June, and is a decent option still at this level. I can only think his wages are a problem, because he would look a much better player at a L1 club. As I expect Haynes to be for you. Danny can be a quality striker, he has potential, but people have said that for 5 or 6 years, and his goal record is Heskey-esque.
    I do get a feeling though, that a move back home so to speak, and under the wing of a guy like Powell, Charlton may be the club to re-ignite his career.
    I will be having a fiver on him to score against the Wendies..
    I dont know if you know why we Barnsley fans call Sheffielders deedars, but do me a favour, if you come into contact with em, or there are enough of you who enjoy a chant or two, just sing "DeeDar, DeeDar, DeeDar" at em repetitively, like a siren.
    Its about their accent. You say 'you and your', we say 'thee and thee' and they say 'dee and dar'
    Either that, or a nice chant of "You're just a small town in Barnsley.."
    Good luck anyway, you will have 11,000 Barnsley fans behind you, being Addicks for 90 mins!
    Deluded deedar barstewards.. would love you and Hudders to go up, and let the pair of MASSIVES lose out in the playoffs.
    Although, if they return, we get 4 big derbies, so its win win ;)
    Up The Reds!
  • Options
    In response to DiscoCAFC:
    Andy Gray is the highest earner allegedly, and at 34, he is impossible to get rid of. I reckon he wouldnt be here otherwise.
    He has had games where he's been key for us, especially the start of this season, when Haynes, Davies and Vaz Te were out. We had to play him, and he got 4 goals in an unbeaten 7 game run. It looked like he had finally clicked under new management. We dont ever expect goals from him, but he's a clever guy, that does a lot of spade work bringing others in.
    But he then got injured, and Davies got back in. And the rest is history, as Craig hit 8 goals in 8 games, backed up by Butterfield and Vaz Te.
    And when you see Davies, you wish he could hold it better than he does, like Gray. But Gray will never turn on a sixpence and bullet a 30 yarder in like Davies.
    But, he is still here, until his contract ends in June, and is a decent option still at this level. I can only think his wages are a problem, because he would look a much better player at a L1 club. As I expect Haynes to be for you. Danny can be a quality striker, he has potential, but people have said that for 5 or 6 years, and his goal record is Heskey-esque.
    I do get a feeling though, that a move back home so to speak, and under the wing of a guy like Powell, Charlton may be the club to re-ignite his career.
    I will be having a fiver on him to score against the Wendies..
    I dont know if you know why we Barnsley fans call Sheffielders deedars, but do me a favour, if you come into contact with em, or there are enough of you who enjoy a chant or two, just sing "DeeDar, DeeDar, DeeDar" at em repetitively, like a siren.
    Its about their accent. You say 'you and your', we say 'thee and thee' and they say 'dee and dar'
    Either that, or a nice chant of "You're just a small town in Barnsley.."
    Good luck anyway, you will have 11,000 Barnsley fans behind you, being Addicks for 90 mins!
    Deluded deedar barstewards.. would love you and Hudders to go up, and let the pair of MASSIVES lose out in the playoffs.
    Although, if they return, we get 4 big derbies, so its win win ;)
    Up The Reds!
    Interesting post, especially the stuff about Andy Gray who was obviously a very decent player but one whose legs have gone to at least some degree and he just isn't mobile enough to get the goals that he got in his prime.

I have a soft spot for Barnsley myself, I am currently loving the Emmerdale Farm style jacket worn by Keith Hill, its spectacular!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    team full of dannys, we're just a team full of dannys, team full of daaaaaaaaaannnnysss!
  • Options
    Don't want him, especially don't want to waste £200k on a player who can't hack it at our level.

He'll do a job in the 3rd division though. But you're not staying there, so seems an odd signing.
  • Options
    Don't want him, especially don't want to waste £200k on a player who can't hack it at our level.

He'll do a job in the 3rd division though. But you're not staying there, so seems an odd signing.
    If he can't do a job for us, don't be surprised if he's not playing for you next year. Has we'll be swapping places ;)

• Options

but we arent up yet mate. still half a season to go, so any signing that can do a job at this level is welcome. Even if its only for the next 5 months.

• Options

I take that as you guys think he is not signing for you then

• Options

I take that as you guys think he is not signing for you then

As far as I know we want him on loan. Everyone moaning on the boards asking what's happening if we can't match £200k to sign a player Jackett has had his eye on for a while.

I think they're overreacting over this. But we do need to sign a striker at some point this month.
  • Options

but we arent up yet mate. still half a season to go, so any signing that can do a job at this level is welcome. Even if its only for the next 5 months.

Was only a year or so ago people on here were talking about the possibility of administration.

Now you're looking to spend £175k+ and £5k+ wages a week on a player to deepen the squad and provide options!

How times have changed. Stuff the lot of ya!!
  • Options
    think some on here have been hard on Haynes. Give him a chance to show what he can do in a Charlton shirt first. And as for other clubs fans views; although welcome I'd treat them with a pinch of salt. Wendies said Morrison was shite, Bournemouth fans said Wiggins couldn't defend, Ipswich fans said Benty couldn't finish etc etc.
  • Options
    I highly doubt Haynes is being offered 5k+ a week when we (apparently) wouldn't renew Semedo's contract at 6k a week.
  • Options
    I highly doubt Haynes is being offered 5k+ a week when we (apparently) wouldn't renew Semedo's contract at 6k a week.
    but we were not arsed as to whether Semedo stayed or went.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    think some on here have been hard on Haynes. Give him a chance to show what he can do in a Charlton shirt first. And as for other clubs fans views; although welcome I'd treat them with a pinch of salt. Wendies said Morrison was shite, Bournemouth fans said Wiggins couldn't defend, Ipswich fans said Benty couldn't finish etc etc.
    I actually think he is a gifted player who is also quick, yet like Walcott may prover very frustrating. Hopefully we can make him harness his undoubted talent and be a big bonus for the squad/team

• Options
    Um not sure about this one!. There seems to be a trend of him underperforming at ALL of his last 3 or 4 clubs. Wouldn't be too disappointed if we didn't get him. Good thing for us if we do get him though is that it's probably his "last chance saloon", so his incentive should be high.
  • Options
    There seems to be a trend of him underperforming at ALL of his last 3 or 4 clubs.
    out of interest, how many of these performances have you seen? I'd be interested in what areas he disappointed you.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Danny Haynes may have underperformed at his other clubs but if he signs, he'll be coming home. He was in the same youth team as Danny Green so who knows, they may strike up a tremendous understanding.
  • Options
    BWP was a frustrating striker/right winger for Man City and Southampton, look at him now.
  • Options
    i think we need to sign him or a player similar - its key to enable BWP to have a rest if needed and is the boost we need. There, i've said it, so lets hope it happens.
  • Options
    these types of players can frustrate

think of grant,pringle,varney but in scp we trust and i think he could be a good signing for the next years
  • Options
    Could be another Marcus Bent. Has looked good in flashes, but a string of clubs had been disappointed with his output.
  • Options
    Danny Green
    Danny Hollands
    Danny Haynes (?)

Maybe we could work out an XI of Danny's and send it off to SCP's office so he can get them all signed up in this window. :-)
  • Options
    Haven't seen him in any. Usually take other supportrs comments with a pinch of salt, but it seems that clubs have been quick to move him on. Hope I'm wrong. Worth a gamble I suppose, but I wouldn't pay a fee for him