Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Haynes (ed. signed on 18 month contract)

Comments

• Options
    Good signing. Undisclosed fee, not even 24 yet, Powell wants him as a centre forward and he has played with Green before in our academy. All good.
  • Options
    Euell and Benson out, Haynes and Clark in. Just improving options, not adding to squad.
    exactely, jsut improving the squad not increasing it - Also read somewhere only 8% of pro footballers ever win a title/cup, pretty sure some would be squad players to be in that 8%
  • Options
    What Wss said , no change in the numbers just improving the squad , another young player which has potential but needs harnessing , be interesting if we get another player in where it will be
  • Options
    Basically a great signing with bags of potential and a good gamble inkeeping with the boards thesis in buying potential and I'm definitely excited by this and will be happy to judge him on what he does at charlton
  • Options
    Euell and Benson out, Haynes and Clark in. Just improving options, not adding to squad.
    Came in to post this - Clarke and Haynes are surely an improvement on Euell and Benson.

If I'm honest I still don't rate Hayes so wouldn't be mortified if he departed too

• Options
    Lets hope he scores some goals but that scoring record is truly awful
  • Options
    great signing for 50k. May surprise a good few of you.
  • Options
    If those goals were scored while he was on the wing, then 1 in 6 is not bad. Would be interesting to find out the goals scored against striker/winger position.
  • Options
    Where does the 50k bit come from? Thought it was undisclosed.
  • Options
    We have the need for speed...like it...a lot, good timing as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I take your point WSS. But Euell and Benson haven't been playing. Hence why I don't see how Clarke or Haynes can come in and dislodge Kermo or Hayes. The 5 bench rule has harmed this quite a bit, and, as mentioned, Waggy must also be wondering where he will fit in too.
  • Options
    no way will Kermo be dislodged, he is ahead of BWP by a mile on the teamsheet for me
  • Options
    The key thing here for me is that yet again we are moving earlier than our rivals in getting the singings done and in, In years gone by we always done it late and there was never enough time for them to get to grips with what we needed to do , it looks like we may be after 1 more now davisson has been released so we could be wrapped up and on the warpath before anyone else moves
  • Options
    Stack em, and rack em. You can never have too many good strikers knocking around the squad.
  • Options
    our mates at the SLP

• Options
    edited January 2012
    The numbers on the OS are little bit misleading as they include substitute appearances which, as we all know, can be as short as a minute long.

His league career so far - 104 starts (99 sub apps) 33 goals. In many of those games he was playing out wide.
  • Options
    Pleased. It is true what SCP has said one thing we did not necessary have in our locker was pace. he has now moved to try fix that and improve the squad.
  • Options
    The numbers on the OS are little bit misleading as they include substitute appearances which, as we all know, can be as short as a minute long.

His league career so far - 104 starts (99 sub apps) 33 goals. In many of those games he was playing out wide.
    That looks more respectable....

• Options
    From what I've seen of Danny Haynes, I think he'll be a decent player for us. He's Championship standard if he gets a run in the team up front. Millwall loved him there didn't they? Plus Powell is the perfect manager for him.
  • Options
    our mates at the SLP

ah ok, sounds good for that price
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So if we say each sub appearance is worth 0.2 full appearances (i.e. average of coming on in the 72nd minute, should work as a decent average, for each game brought on with half hour to go we're saying one game brought on with less than 10).

104 + 99*0.2 = 104 + 20 = 124

Therefore 33 goals in 124 full appearances, or 1 in 3.75. With many of those games spent on the week that is very very respectable, especially when taken in the context of him being seen as an under-achiever. If he achieves his potential and is played upfront then could (big IF and big COULD) be a 1 in 2 striker.
  • Options
    Did he sign in time to feature tomorrow?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I'm pleased he's signed , he doesn't look too excited in the picture on the Os though :-0

Hope he can be a challenge for BWP , and push him on, goalscoring history , not prolific , but as others have said , how many times was he played on the wing?

Prepared to trust Chris Powells judgement , he knows what he's doing and what he wants that the team needs , namely pace up front , will be interesting if he gets off to a flyer like Yann did at Sheffield Utd and bed in quickly , or whether he will improve slowly given game time, as a lot of other signings have done , more quality up front to take chances that come along can only be a good thing , not sure where this leaves Hayes , although they are different sort of players.
  • Options
    Did he sign in time to feature tomorrow?
    yes

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Well, we can't say we haven't got a diverse group of forwards.

The fox in the box (BWP), the big lump (Clarke), the whippet (Haynes), the provider (Hayes) and the classy all-rounder (Big Yann).

We've got it all covered.

• Options
    Plenty of options is what it's all about we lack pace we have none wide and none up top. Fits the bill for me powelly working with him. All good squads can pull i'n different players for different matches
  • Options
    I am well pleased with this signing. Certainly a terrific option coming off the bench.
  • Options
    He could do a lot of damage to Llera with his pace tomorrow
  • Options
    Well, we can't say we haven't got a diverse group of forwards.

The fox in the box (BWP), the big lump (Clarke), the whippet (Haynes), the provider (Hayes) and the classy all-rounder (Big Yann).

We've got it all covered.

We have not got a Barry Endean .. yet .. Fat useless bloke living off past glories
  • Options
    Good point CAFCBOURNE , Waggy aside , we could do with a pacy winger, to complete the midfield, still agree with others that we need cover for Solly in case he gets injured , would be worried if Hughes had to deputise there , love him in centre mid , 2012's version of Kish.