Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Haynes (ed. signed on 18 month contract)

Comments

• Options
    If Chris Powell hasn't all ready broken the record for the most players signed in a season he must be trying to beat it.

If Haynes has an attitude problem I reckon Powell will be able to set him straight and help him fulfill his potential. A good signing.

Sky article: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7425115/?

• Options
    Is this move going to happen? or 100 posts later are we still going to be speculating?
  • Options
    Is this move going to happen? or 100 posts later are we still going to be speculating?
    Whats this forum for, if not to speculate?
  • Options
    Sorry, its the 12th of January already and i'm getting itchy feet we haven't signed 10 players already :-0
  • Options
    He'd be daft to join Millwall at the moment?
    Most players just go where the coin is.

• Options

True , but its a heck of a gamble to take, a club on the rise or a club going down the pan.

• Options
    Is it just so that we have to work hard on a song with Wiggy and Waggy, Sully and Solly, Hayesy and Haynesy – we won the game and don't know where to roam. You can't trust a special like an old time copper when his horse has f'd off home!
  • Options
    Sorry misread that too, reckon both could start on bench Clark, Haynes, Pritchard/ russel, cort, Sully
  • Options
    Won't be going to Millwall as they only wanted him on loan. Barnsley want a fee and to get his wages off the books. As for him playing wide, read CP in the Newshopper, he sees him as a striker and says we have no one with pace up top which Haynes will provide. Also the reason Haynes wants away from Barnsley is because he is fed up with being continually played out wide and sees himself as a striker.
  • Options

True , but its a heck of a gamble to take, a club on the rise or a club going down the pan.

They just move onto the next club. Simples.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope we sign Danny we need some pace up front.
  • Options
    BWP, Kermorgant, Clarke, Haynes....... Where does that leave Hayes ?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Hayes should be well ahead of Clarke. He looked well of the pace against Brentford. I reckon Hayes will be back up for Kermorgant & Haynes will be back up for BWP. Plus Clarke is there because no-one would pay any money for Benson who would be available as a Bosman at the end of the season I.e. it made sense to take a gamble on him to give us another option than get nothing in return for Benson.
  • Options
    Hayes is well ahead of Clarke. He looked well of the pace against Brentford. Hayes will be back up for Kermorgant & Haynes will be back up for BWP. Plus Clarke is there because no-one would pay any money for Benson who would be available as a Bosman at the end of the season I.e. it made sense taking a gamble on him to give us another option than get nothing.
    Um. No sure. Clarke as unfit as he looked was ahead of Hayes v Brentford.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley @RichCawleySLP Close
    Sounding like Danny Haynes to #cafc still has quite a bit of wiggle needed for it to happen. Least that was the case at 6ish tonight.
  • Options
    didn't we give Clarke an 18 month contract?
  • Options
    Clarke is cover for BWP. Hayes is cover for Kermorgant. Haynes others options in attack and out wide. Room for all of them in the squad imo. 3 players are going to be relatively unhappy but that's part of being a modern footballer in the era of squads rather than teams.
  • Options
    Clarke is cover for BWP. Hayes is cover for Kermorgant. Haynes others options in attack and out wide. Room for all of them in the squad imo. 3 players are going to be relatively unhappy but that's part of being a modern footballer in the era of squads rather than teams.

I see it the other way around, Clarke is the odd one out and Haynes is cover for BWP.
  • Options
    Suprised Powell has come out that we are interested in Haynes, never known Charlton to be open about a player we are interested in.

Think he will be a good asset for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hayes is well ahead of Clarke. He looked well of the pace against Brentford. Hayes will be back up for Kermorgant & Haynes will be back up for BWP. Plus Clarke is there because no-one would pay any money for Benson who would be available as a Bosman at the end of the season I.e. it made sense taking a gamble on him to give us another option than get nothing.
    Um. No sure. Clarke as unfit as he looked was ahead of Hayes v Brentford.</

Clark ahead of Hayes for me!

• Options
    He cant play wide. Believe me, he just cant.
    And its a bit of a tired Haynes excuse, that he is gash because every club plays him wide. For us, he has played in a forward 3. Never on the right or left of a midfield 4. And as I have already said, Vaz Te plays wide and he gets on with it and has thrived.
    Haynes started the first 5 games, 2 of them wide in a 3, and the others up top centrally. He was garbage, and dropped. An injury gave him a start again 2 games later, up top, against Watford. Only, he did his hamstring before kick off, because - according to Hilly - "it was a consequence of not warming up properly.."
    He was out until December I think, a few months anyway. And when he has had a handful of sub appearances since, he has done little to warrant a start.
    Then we had rumours of his missus fighting with Hilly's sister on boxing day, and he was transfer listed a day or 2 later.
    I would never write him off as a bad player, but I am neither that fussed he is departing.
    Be great to see him grab a winner against the deluded Wendies at the weekend for you :D
    He's worth a punt. But we said that a year ago, as did Bristol before that. Sooner or later its bound to pay off. Hope it does for you, you are one of my favourite clubs. A club we looked to aspire to emulate 10 years ago, and its tragic to see you down in L1. But not for much longer hey?
    Up the Addicks - literally
  • Options
    He cant play wide. Believe me, he just cant.
    And its a bit of a tired Haynes excuse, that he is gash because every club plays him wide. For us, he has played in a forward 3. Never on the right or left of a midfield 4. And as I have already said, Vaz Te plays wide and he gets on with it and has thrived.
    Haynes started the first 5 games, 2 of them wide in a 3, and the others up top centrally. He was garbage, and dropped. An injury gave him a start again 2 games later, up top, against Watford. Only, he did his hamstring before kick off, because - according to Hilly - "it was a consequence of not warming up properly.."
    He was out until December I think, a few months anyway. And when he has had a handful of sub appearances since, he has done little to warrant a start.
    Then we had rumours of his missus fighting with Hilly's sister on boxing day, and he was transfer listed a day or 2 later.
    I would never write him off as a bad player, but I am neither that fussed he is departing.
    Be great to see him grab a winner against the deluded Wendies at the weekend for you :D
    He's worth a punt. But we said that a year ago, as did Bristol before that. Sooner or later its bound to pay off. Hope it does for you, you are one of my favourite clubs. A club we looked to aspire to emulate 10 years ago, and its tragic to see you down in L1. But not for much longer hey?
    Up the Addicks - literally
    Thanks for your feedback! Sounds like he ain't good so you can keep him lol

Hows Andy Gray doing for you.
  • Options
    Alex Aldridge @accordingtoaldo 17m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Danny Haynes currently having a medical at #CAFC. Personal terms still being negotiated but good chance deal will go through before weekend.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Hayes should be well ahead of Clarke. He looked well of the pace against Brentford. I reckon Hayes will be back up for Kermorgant & Haynes will be back up for BWP. Plus Clarke is there because no-one would pay any money for Benson who would be available as a Bosman at the end of the season I.e. it made sense to take a gamble on him to give us another option than get nothing in return for Benson.
    no chance - we wouldn't take him on loan if we were happy with what we've got and a 10 minute run out isn't going to alter that. Expect Hayes to move on.
  • Options
    Feel like a kid in the back of the family car...

" Have we signed him yet ?"

• Options
    Not sure about this one but CP knows best
  • Options
    Feel like a kid in the back of the family car...

" Have we signed him yet ?"

No we've got 24 hours to go! ;-0

• Options
    I for one am pleased if the deal goes through. He is a talented player who, in my view, has never lived up to his potential.

He will be back at the club he started with and with a manager like CP, who will have known his abilities back then, he has a chance to re-launch his career.

Hungry players who have something to prove is where we need to be.
  • Options
    Aldo has tweeted that Haynes is having a medical with us but that the door is still open for Millwall to match our offer , he thinks the Spanners have now moved on to other targets.