Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Haynes (ed. signed on 18 month contract)

Comments

• Options
    Couple of people on twitter seem to think we've got him
    My twitter is playing up. Who? Are they credible?
  • Options
    Couple of journalists

One from bbc. Apparently one offer rejected but talks ongoing
  • Options
    Cawley now on it
    Tykes want £200k and we think it's too much
    His wages are an issue too
    Talks ongoing
  • Options
    Ipswich mate says he was always played out of position with them. He's a striker, but was played out on the wing and had no end product.
    The Poor Mans Theo Walcott then?

Yes mate. Funnily enough he did compare him to Walcott.
  • Options
    McLeod scored regularly in League 2. Says it all really.
    And still does now he is back there. Somebody will come in for him before realising that he cannot do it higher up.

• Options
    @robstaton is our local BBC journo, and he reckons we have rejected an offer, but talks continue. Seems that Danny has chose you over Millwall though. Thats good.
    And please remember, in my previous post, I am only going on what I have seen as a ST holder.
    He isnt a winger, and has played there at every club and moans about it. But it depends on your formation. If played in a two, with a big man, maybe he'd perform. But last year he played 75% of his games in a three out wide. But he cant dribble, cross or chase back. He looks disinterested.
    But Vaz Te is a striker. And he has played wide left in a three for us, and scored 12 in 12. He isnt as quick as Haynes, and was just as lazy when he arrived. But Keith Hill has got him working, tracking back, being responsible. And now he looks Premier League quality.
    So if a maverick like that can do it, why not Haynes?
    Keith wants players willing to play for the team, as a team-member. Danny plays for Danny.
    But as I say, he's still young, and if he wants it and the right guy manages him, he could turn into a top player at our level. And in your last few months in the Sheffield league, he could potentially rip it up. So dont take my comments as though I dont rate him. I do, but he does not fit with the Hillcroft DNA, or the shape and style we play in. Keith likes utility lads, players adept in various roles, and Haynes is a one-trick poney - albeit, that trick (sheer pace) is pretty magical
  • Options
    from the sound of that he would link up with yann well. also plays for himself sounds a little like BWP to me and we all love him.
  • Options
    Spot on - if he can read and get on the end of Kermo's headers then he could be dynamite by the sound of it - and Millwall are after him so great to shove one up them as well, particularly as their fans seem to rate him.
  • Options
    If he's got an attitude problem SCP is the man to sort him out. The Bournmouth fans were saying Wiggins wasn't a team player and played for himself when we signed him.
  • Options
    Spot on - if he can read and get on the end of Kermo's headers then he could be dynamite by the sound of it - and Millwall are after him so great to shove one up them as well, particularly as their fans seem to rate him.
    Why does he need to be able to read? I'm sure CP will give him plenty of verbal instructions. :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Basically a great signing with bags of potential and a good gamble inkeeping with the boards thesis in buying potential and I'm definitely excited by this and will be happy to judge him on what he does at charlton(if he signs for us)
    Ambitionless, selfish money grabber with limited ability , I mean barnsley let him go which says it all and I'm not bothered at all about missing out on another kyle reid, not rated by those that have watched him week in week out (if he signs for millwall)
  • Options
    See that Ipswich initially used him as a "super sub", coming off the bench with devastating effect late on.

Playing him wide seems to result in him getting lost in games.
    So he needs to play alongside the target man or perhaps in a 4-3-3.

Chris Powell may just see it as a case of first getting Haynes to commit to the One Aim,
    and then simply play him in his best and most effective position.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    on twitter

robstaton Rob Staton
    Charlton are the only team to make a cash bid for Haynes, it was rejected. Millwall want him on loan. #barnsleyfc
    #cafc
    #mfc

robstaton Rob Staton @
    @JYBeast92 It wasn't enough money, but Charlton are expected to return with a new bid.
  • Options
    That Aldo lad reckons that we have had a bid excepted and Millwall are not prepared to match it.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    accordingtoaldo Alex Aldridge
    Word on the street is that #CAFC have had a bid ACCEPTED for Danny Haynes and that #Millwall will NOT be matching it.
    12 minutes ago
    Retweeted by RichCawleySLP

---------
    CAFCofficial Charlton Athletic FC
    It's been a while since some BREAKING NEWS... (MW) #cafc
    1 minute ago
  • Options
    See that Ipswich initially used him as a "super sub", coming off the bench with devastating effect late on.

Maybe that's what we are signing - comes on for BWP after about 60 mins?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    DJ UK SPORT: Addicks' Haynes Bid Accepted

(SKY SPORTS)--Sky Sports sources understand that Barnsley have accepted an offer from League One table-toppers Charlton for Danny Haynes.

Full Story http://www1.skysports.com/news/12040/7425115/

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

January 12, 2012 09:28 ET (14:28 GMT)

• Options
    Definitely a position that needed attention but doesn't seem to have set the world alight on here. Normally have at least 20 threads convincing ourselves of what a world beater he is by now or are we aiting for personal terms to be sorted?
  • Options
    Good, don't want a player who we expect to come in and set the house ablaze. Won't have unrealistic expectations to live up to but will hopefully want to prove his worth & fight his way in to the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are waiting for personal terms to be agreed. - we do not want to be caught bigging up a player that may end up at Millwall!
  • Options
    Even if we don't get him, I'm glad it's forcing the Spanners further into the red.
  • Options
    Tbh I think it will be a very good signing... SCP will kick him into touch on his first day and make him want to play for the team. His pace will scare the shit out of defenders in this league. Let's not forget The tykes played him on the wing and he is a forward.

Question is, if we do sign him, who would you have on the bench? Clarke or Haynes? or both?
  • Options
    Clark
  • Options
    Tbh I think it will be a very good signing... SCP will kick him into touch on his first day and make him want to play for the team. His pace will scare the shit out of defenders in this league. Let's not forget The tykes played him on the wing and he is a forward.

Question is, if we do sign him, who would you have on the bench? Clarke or Haynes? or both?
    Doesn't matter who we'd have but i think its obvious it will be Clark. Give CP his due, he leaves players in no doubt as to where they stand and i think you could say that Hayes is probably aware of where that is.
  • Options
    sorry, misread that but can see both featuring in the matchday squad and wouldn't be surprised if BWP wasn't given a rest.
  • Options
    He'd be daft to join Millwall at the moment?
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    both on the bench, feel wagy might be the one to lose out as Haynes can play on the wing and up top.

Bench of

Sullivan
    Cort
    Rusell/Pritchard
    Haynes
    Clarke
  • Options
    harsh on waggy...
  • Options
    harsh on waggy...
    It would be just think that maybe the bench offers more if chasing games trying to turn a lose to a draw and a draw to win.