Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Haynes (ed. signed on 18 month contract)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2012
    He is going to wear the Thierry Henry No14 shirt, lets hope he can drift in from the right with Pace as well the Arsenal goal machine
  • Options
    Well, we can't say we haven't got a diverse group of forwards.

The fox in the box (BWP), the big lump (Clarke), the whippet (Haynes), the provider (Hayes) and the classy all-rounder (Big Yann).

We've got it all covered.

We have not got a Barry Endean .. yet .. Fat useless bloke living off past glories
    Gary Doherty? :)
    Not a striker
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited January 2012
    Danny Green
    Danny Hollands
    Danny Haynes (?)

Maybe we could work out an XI of Danny's and send it off to SCP's office so he can get them all signed up in this window. :-)
    Let's get a few Jacks and we'll be a team of Jack and Dannys. Edit. I've just noticed. I was a bit late on this one. :-)
  • Options
    Well, we can't say we haven't got a diverse group of forwards.

The fox in the box (BWP), the big lump (Clarke), the whippet (Haynes), the provider (Hayes) and the classy all-rounder (Big Yann).

We've got it all covered.

We have not got a Barry Endean .. yet .. Fat useless bloke living off past glories
    Gary Doherty? :)
    Not a striker
    Hes played as one several times
  • Options
    I've got no clue about this bloke to be honest. 'Sounds' like he could do a job. In CP we trust.
  • Options
    Just to let you know on ultimate team hes a 68 shiny silver with 90 pace ;D
  • Options
    Very pleased with this one. Felt we had no cover for BWP and Haynes gives us that. We may have one too many senior strikers now though which would have been unthinkable 18 months ago.
  • Options
    Glad to see him on board and back where he started......I have a problem though.....with Haynes, Hayes, Wiggy, Waggy, etc doing the match thread is not gonna be easy......too many Dan's as well!! I'm sure I'll come up with summat that people can follow and makes it easy to type.....unless anyone out there has got some suggestions???....Hayesy or Haynesey...too long and confusing!!
  • Options
    Glad to see him on board and back where he started......I have a problem though.....with Haynes, Hayes, Wiggy, Waggy, etc doing the match thread is not gonna be easy......too many Dan's as well!! I'm sure I'll come up with summat that people can follow and makes it easy to type.....unless anyone out there has got some suggestions???....Hayesy or Haynesey...too long and confusing!!
    DH and PH?
  • Options
    I reckon Haynes will do a great job. He's got something to prove to other clubs and will want to prove he can do it in the championship! Started his career with us so will want to do well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2012
    You f
    You forgot Sully and Solly

And Cort in possession

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVdf8CSS1rw&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Don't know if anyones posted it yet ! As im on my phone. If so sorry
    But i remeber this as clear as anything.
  • Options
    He better do well if he's donning MY 14 shirt!
  • Options
    Good luck to Danny, thanks for the Donny-Destroying Double... and THANKS for your BLUNT-RELEGATING BRACE at Bumhole Lane! I will never forget you running to us afterwards and I could have kissed you if I was stretch-armstrong.. worth the punt we took just for those 4 goals.. shame we only saw another 2 though.
    Here's hoping for another deedar double today! :D
    Its not 50k either. We turned down 100k, and we were wanting to recoup what we paid (175k), so I reckon its around the 125 to 150k mark. If you actually paid 50k, then wow, as bad as he is 50% of the time, that would still be a proper bargain for L1 level.
    Im guessing its his first stint at that level, so maybe the diluted quality will help him flourish. But from what I have seen, the lad is in need of a serious attitude and work-ethic adjustment. Hope Chris Powell gets it out of him, the talent, its in there sometimes..
    If I go thru last terms match programmes, I can find the amount of games he played wide or central. I may get back to you on that. If not, good luck against the Wendies :)
  • Options
    Thanks for the input Whitley. I don't have any problem with him coming here. He will offer pace off the bench and will have a considerable fight on his hands to displace either of our front two of Wright-Phillips and Kermorgant who will still be quite a strikforce in The Championship. For us I think it's a make or break club for him. He does well and his star rises with us and if he fails to impress then he will be offloaded and his career will no doubt be confined to league one or below. It's really going to be up to him. The vibe at our place is very much a positive one and I think the attitude of the existing players which is superb will I hope inspire him to push on.
  • Options
    Good luck to Danny, thanks for the Donny-Destroying Double... and THANKS for your BLUNT-RELEGATING BRACE at Bumhole Lane! I will never forget you running to us afterwards and I could have kissed you if I was stretch-armstrong.. worth the punt we took just for those 4 goals.. shame we only saw another 2 though.
    Here's hoping for another deedar double today! :D
    Its not 50k either. We turned down 100k, and we were wanting to recoup what we paid (175k), so I reckon its around the 125 to 150k mark. If you actually paid 50k, then wow, as bad as he is 50% of the time, that would still be a proper bargain for L1 level.
    Im guessing its his first stint at that level, so maybe the diluted quality will help him flourish. But from what I have seen, the lad is in need of a serious attitude and work-ethic adjustment. Hope Chris Powell gets it out of him, the talent, its in there sometimes..
    If I go thru last terms match programmes, I can find the amount of games he played wide or central. I may get back to you on that. If not, good luck against the Wendies :)
    Great info and nice to hear from a Tyke. Got a good mate who is a Tyke so been to a few of your away games. Your away fans are mental. Saw you years ago at Roots hall in 'that' season when you won 2-1 I think. Think Wilko scored the winner. Met some Tykes who'd kipped in their van on the Friday night! Hilarious! Quite a rudimentary and amusing bunch, some of you - no offence intended! YOU REDS!
  • Options
    His pace killed me when I played a Barnsley fan on fifa 12 the other day so he must be good!!
  • Options
    his pace is 90 on fifa, nicholas
  • Options
    That explains why Chris Solly couldn't catch him then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But he has little or no stamina on FIFA a couple of sprints and he is knackered
  • Options
    Sounds like an ideal sub then.
  • Options
    Had to go back and dig this thread out - I thought he was on loan - must have missed us signing him! Some of his control on Saturday was first class and his pace awesome. Good addition to the squad if we can keep him fit.
  • Options
    looked v good to me....great header as well.

can see him playing an important part next season.
  • Options
    He looked hungry and really up for it.

If he can maintain that attitude, then it'll be difficult to keep him out of the team.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Interesting reading back the Barnsley fan's comments that he can't play out wide. Seems to have done well for us there when asked.

He was good up front with N'Gussen at Preston.

Would like to see Haynes and Kermo up top to see how it works.

Also interesting to see how close Powell seems to be to him. Ran over to celebrate his goal and sat next to him at the Sponsors dinner. SCP using his people management skills again maybe.
  • Options
    Reminded me of Walcott until he scored a header on sat
  • Options
    Know what you mean, Henry - think SCP sees him as a "special project"!
  • Options
    I liked him, good player, quick and direct.