Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAPELLO GONE !

Comments

• Options
    Hate to say it, but the Daily Mail this morning was just about the only one to call this.

Caretaker - or swift appointment of Harry in time for Euros?
    Sounds like the R5 discussion this afternoon.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    The thing is that every appointment is a bit of a failure so maybe we should tear up the FA appointment rule book which Curbs exposed to be a bit of a joke in the only interesting bit of his book. It is a different job to a club manager so if you are going to appoint a name why not look to somebody who has done the job internationally. What about Gus Hiddink?
  • Options
    What does 'being out' mean?
    Do people think it means that over time the skills of management erode away like knowledge of GCSE History?
    No he still has the skill but do the players respect him like they would Harry. A lot of the players wont have come across him. Sadly it's about respect and not badges.
  • Options
    We should look no further than Martin O'Neill - he's done superbly wherever he's gone (with limited resources) as evidenced by his current spell at Sunderland with the same group of players who were virtually in the relegation zone.

If Harry gets it Darren Bent might just as well book his summer hols now.
  • Options
    Who's going to fill in his application form
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    How can they respect a man who doesn't know what an e-mail is, can't read or write and trusts his financial affairs to his dog?

Good point about Bent - I think he will be a key player for England but wont play under the illiterate one.
  • Options
    Surprised me this. Arry won't take
  • Options
    The thing is that every appointment is a bit of a failure so maybe we should tear up the FA appointment rule book which Curbs exposed to be a bit of a joke in the only interesting bit of his book. It is a different job to a club manager so if you are going to appoint a name why not look to somebody who has done the job internationally. What about Gus Hiddink?
    He has to be English this time. Unless a certain Portuguese manager fancies it?

• Options
    Redknapps got to take it. He might do both jobs and resign from Spurs at end of season...
  • Options
    How can they respect a man who doesn't know what an e-mail is, can't read or write and trusts his financial affairs to his dog?
    Or doesn't know how to fill in his team sheet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redknapps got to take it. He might do both jobs and resign from Spurs at end of season...
    Would unsettle it.
  • Options
    How long till Sir Chris gets the call up?

I think harry will take it.
  • Options
    Do people think it means that over time the skills of management erode away like knowledge of GCSE History?
    No he still has the skill but do the players respect him like they would Harry. A lot of the players wont have come across him. Sadly it's about respect and not badges.
    Not having come across him - so the under 25 year olds - may be a massive advantage.
    Always fear the teacher you have no knowledge of.

Seriously, I just dont understand this - been out too long thing.
    Curbs himself recently said he would have remained at Charlton longer if Murray had come up with the goods. Maybe this wasnt just a Charlton disaster, but a National one, in hindsight.
  • Options
    Shame Rufus isn't still playing - a common name for a dog and Harry can spell those.
  • Options
    Foreign parasite, who tore the arse out of the FA financially and didn't even bother to learn the lingo properly. Did he even live here?? EMPLOY AN ENGLISHMAN FFS! All about Harry surely.
  • Options
    Glad he has gone, I have totally lost interest in the England national team since the World Cup and I partly blame Capello for this. Hopefully bring in someone who can bring passion back into the team, like the team's attitude we had in Euro 1996.
  • Options
    Not shocked at this to be honest...my worry is who is there to replace him and do a good job? FA needs to get this right.
  • Options
    Beds, didn't we beat the Spaniards last time round?

Yes we did. Unofficial world champions.

Ok it was only one game and we were lucky. Still thought that we had a good squad of youngsters coming through to maybe have a decent showing in the Euros.

• Options

Not having come across him - so the under 25 year olds - may be a massive advantage.

Curbs himself recently said he would have remained at Charlton longer if Murray had come up with the goods. Maybe this wasnt just a Charlton disaster, but a National one, in hindsight.
    I actually agree with you but i dont think the F.A ( or the press) will.

• Options
    Harry should do both, Championship Manager style
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone English please.
  • Options
    he's wanted out for a while, the whole terry thing is just a good scapegoat
  • Options
    Thing is, who is to say somebody like Alan Shearer wouldn't make an excellent England manager - It is a different job to a club manager but the FA always look to those!!!
  • Options

I actually agree with you but i dont think the F.A ( or the press) will.

Spot on Beds - and therein lies the problem with our national team
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I'm sticking my neck out here, I am glad Capello has gone because I think the one thing you need to suceed as England manager is the fans behind you. I don't know any England fans who liked him or could relate to him.

BUT

Would I have Harry Redknapp in charge? No. He has admitted himself he would hate International management. I think his man management isn't great, a spurs season ticket fan said that his real success is down to the assistant and coaches.
    Who would I give the job to? No English manager is good enough IMO.. one man for the job. JOSE MOURINHIO. Don't ask me why cos I don't like him, but I think he is the only man who could handle the job.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    The FA have proven themselves incapable of thinking outside the box. They'll go with who the press tell them to which will probably be Harry.
  • Options
    Maybe the FA can pick the team? They seem to want to select the captain so why not go the hog?
  • Options
    Pearce for the Holland game
    Harry in for the late May friendlies and Euros
    Mourinho to Spurs.

Biggest winners in this could be Spurs
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hold on. Clem didn't predict this one. I think you'll actually find supaclive said that a football manager will lose their job at some point in the future, but he couldn't say when and he couldn't say who, and he couldn't say whether it was domestic, european or international.

• Options
    Harry Redknapp no doubt!