Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAPELLO GONE !

123457»

Comments

• Options

Have the FA got a plan -- dont expect for one minute they expected this - hate to be a Spurs fan with the get Harry brigade out there --they are going well in the league and cup and starting to look a decent side -will be back to the drawing board for them....
  • Options
    According to SSN Pardew rules himself out.
    What a mug, should keep his mouth shut. Complete arrogance to assume that he would even be considered, then if they did call him this week he'd be out of St James Park faster than we dropped down the leagues!
    In that case, I'm ruling myself out aswell.
  • Options
    I'm out.
  • Options
    Well your all cowards i sent my CV in today told them though no matter how much they ask i aint going till after the Olympics

• Options
    I'm allegedly out.
  • Options
    Well your all cowards i sent my CV in today told them though no matter how much they ask i aint going till after the Olympics

I also sent mine but got a snotty reply saying they don't consider 20 years of football manager "Real" experience.................Tossers!
  • Options
    3,Hogson, Got Fulham to a European Final, is a nice man, experienced in many levels of football across several countries

negatives
    Oh come on the only reason he gets mentioned at all is that he is English , he did ok with Fulham failed at blackburn, failed at liverpool, failing at wba
    Yeah, I bet they hate staying in the Premiership lastt year and in all likelyhood this.

People could say Curbs 'failed' here on that basis?
  • Options
    Wba are in a dog fight down there come the end of the season we will see, hodgson is a very limited manager
  • Options
    curbs never failed he got us 7th
  • Options
    Roy Hodgson is not a limited manager by any stretch of the imagination. He's been managing for, what 40 years, and he almost always leaves a football team in a better position than when he joined it. All managers fail eventually, it's part of the game, but Hodgson has had an excellent managerial career, including successes at Inter bloody Milan. He builds teams from nothing and makes them strong. The problem is that all his hard work has been tainted by that one spell at Liverpool where he was doomed to fail from the start for not being Kenny Dalglish
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The skillset required at club level is so different though - why are so many oblivious to that. If you want to look at club records- Redknapp has had a couple of relegations has he not? That fact wouldn't bother me if I didn't see foreign coaches get one over him with a well financed and resourced Spurs side. Hodgson ticks a lot of boxes - he has spent a large part of his career abroad and has a better knowledge of continetal football. He got a team like Fulham to a European final very recently.

Pearce ticks boxes because he has done a pretty decent job with England U21s gaining success on the international stage despite the handicaps the British game presents. So what if he failed with Man City, what has managing Man City got to do with managing England? The FA are incompetent, they will go with the popular choice because they get less flack if it fails. that is what they are bothered with, flair and imagination are not in great supply at Lancaster Gate!
  • Options
    Paolo Di Canio?

If you're asking for passion...
  • Options
    I would also like to rule myself out of the running for the England Job. I have won just as much in a managers role as Pardew. IE; Zilch.
  • Options
    I would also like to rule myself out of the running for the England Job. I have won just as much in a managers role as Pardew. IE; Zilch.
    Off of teamtalk?
  • Options
    capello takes over as russias manager
  • Options
    After today's news I wonder if he feels vindicated ?
  • Options
    Will probably come back to haunt us at some point..
  • Options
    After today's news I wonder if he feels vindicated ?
    I thought that too