Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAPELLO GONE !

Comments

• Options
    Capello has showed more bollocks that some of our previous "yes" men.
    Stuck by his captain and has been shafted.
    Never mine a new manager, what we have needed for some time is a new FA.
    Hurrah for Harry the fraud.
  • Options
    100% David Beckham for the summer only.
  • Options
    Maybe the FA can pick the team? They seem to want to select the captain so why not go the hog?
    My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    If Terry is proven innocent, who will look bad- the FA or Capello? Mind you if he is found guilty!
  • Options
    If Terry is proven innocent, who will look bad- the FA or Capello? Mind you if he is found guilty!
    I really cant see him making the squad whoever takes over now. Not that he deserves a place on form.
  • Options
    66.67% win ratio with England. Probably one of our better England managers
  • Options
    Capello not had the best of luck Captain wise!!!
  • Options
    Chris Powell is 50/1 !
  • Options

H Redknapp 2/5
    S Pearce 7/1
    J Mourinho 10/1
    M O'Neill 14/1
    R Hodgson 14/1
    Alan Pardew 16/1
    A Wenger 20/1
    G Hiddink 20/1
    R Benitez 20/1
    C Ancelotti 25/1
    S Allardyce 33/1
    M Hughes 40/1
    A Ferguson 40/1
    M Lippi 40/1
    S Bruce 40/1
    A Shearer 40/1
    L Van Gaal 40/1
    D Beckham 40/1
    Nigel Adkins 40/1
    D Moyes 50/1
    C Powell 50/1
    A Curbishley 66/1
    F Rijkaard 66/1
    T Venables 80/1
    J Klinsmann 80/1
    SG Eriksson 80/1
    L F Scolari 100/1
    S McClaren 100/1
    P Brown 100/1
    N Clough 100/1
    M Jol 100/
  • Options
    Better than Steve McClaren and Graham Taylor maybe...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's the six million that sticks in the gullet. Wonder if they paid him off in full? If so, Capello's a lucky boy.
    Give someone like Brooking the job on £100k a year and share the rest of the dosh out to the lower leagues.
  • Options
    Better than Bobby Robson who was the last England manager to get us anywhere near a final.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Fancied England with Cappello,the man is as his record shows a great manager but you cant shine shit and those players are.
  • Options
    Better than Steve McClaren and Graham Taylor maybe...
    Better than Bobby Robson who was the last England manager to get us anywhere near a final.

• Options
    If he hadn't resigned the FA would have extended his contract for another couple of years. The FA are that stupid!
  • Options
    Pardew at 16/1... Might lay that one.
  • Options
    Well I hope the majority are right and I am wrong but a good manager has been forced out because he wasn't a yes man to the press or the FA, possibly naive on his part but for a change it was refreshing. I agree the WC was poor but how about we stop taking the usual English route and put some of the blame towards the players rather than just lumping it all on the manager?

Since then we have had a superb record, a number of young players have come through and are now regulars i.e. Hart, Walker, Young, Jones, Smalling and a few others who have previously been overlooked, Parker and Bent. As well as doing what everyone wanted and employed a fluid formation. Now all those who want Redknapp, do you really think he would he would stick to bringing this crop through or would he go back to the "old guard"? I bet Bent is throwing something at his TV now.

As for the whole English manager thing? I'm all for an English manager IF there is someone good enough out there and for me there isn't, don't just pick an Englishman for the sake of doing so, the best coach around should be headhunted to take on the job.

This situation and the FA as a whole are a mess.
  • Options
    Proof you can shine shit.
  • Options
    Well I hope the majority are right and I am wrong but a good manager has been forced out because he wasn't a yes man to the press or the FA, possibly naive on his part but for a change it was refreshing. I agree the WC was poor but how about we stop taking the usual English route and put some of the blame towards the players rather than just lumping it all on the manager?

Since then we have had a superb record, a number of young players have come through and are now regulars i.e. Hart, Walker, Young, Jones, Smalling and a few others who have previously been overlooked, Parker and Bent. As well as doing what everyone wanted and employed a fluid formation. Now all those who want Redknapp, do you really think he would he would stick to bringing this crop through or would he go back to the "old guard"? I bet Bent is throwing something at his TV now.

As for the whole English manager thing? I'm all for an English manager IF there is someone good enough out there and for me there isn't, don't just pick an Englishman for the sake of doing so, the best coach around should be headhunted to take on the job.

The fact is, they publicly humiliated him instead of taking him to one side and telling him they would like him to take the armband from Terry.
    I would have told them to stick it too. Well done Fabio.
  • Options

So Redknapp is not good enough nor is Alan pardew? what about Chris Powell ;). Stop being so negative you have soon forgotten our abysmal performance in the latest world cup and that's when it matters not small friendlies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Actually, it's the Palace player of the year trophy!
  • Options
    Glad he has gone.

I lost interest in supporting England because I got so annoyed after the last World Cup. The fact we failed to put in a performance against Algeria and USA and you get the likes of Rooney complaining at the England fans booing at the disgraced performance. I never felt so annoyed how we performed against Germany. Ok, Germany played really well but they played as a team and Fabio failed to make England play as a team. You could see from the players attitude after the game they looked like they could not care less.

Under Sven as manager, I could cope seeing how England played and quiet frankly I thought we were unlucky against Portugal in the Euro's and World Cup but we need to bring in an English or a British manager who has experience in he Premier League, popular in England, can share the passion and to bring that feeling back in. I really do miss the team we had in Euro 1996.

Martin O'Neil and Harry Redknapp will do me but I won't be suprised if the FA make the same mistake like they did with Mclaren and bring in Stuart Pearce. As much as I like Pearce but a change is needed.
  • Options
    Stone, I don't blame him for walking but the fact is he was pressured into it, all because our press decides to state lies about what was said in an interview that was conducted in Italian.

CafcCrazy, if you read my post I admitted the WC was poor however things have changed since then, don't you think he at least merited a chance at the Euros? After all he did get us to qualify with ease something some of the predecessors could not manage. If the FA wanted him gone after the WC why not do it then rather than wait 18 months later?
  • Options
    My gut feeling is that Stuart Pearce will be in charge for the euro's & then Redknapp will take over after
  • Options
    Amazed at an Italian deserting a sinking ship to be honest.
  • Options
    Amazed at an Italian deserting a sinking ship to be honest.
    Nice one
  • Options
    edited February 2012

C Powell 50/1

who'll sort our pitch out??
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    How can they respect a man who doesn't know what an e-mail is, can't read or write and trusts his financial affairs to his dog?

Sounds ideal for the job. The problem with Erikkson and Capello was not that they weren't good managers or that they were foreign. Merely that they were far too bloody clever for what is, and hopefully will always remain, a very simple game!
  • Options
    I see that Powell (50-1) has got shorter odds than Curbs (66-1) !