Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAPELLO GONE !

Comments

• Options
    It doesnt matter if you have god, Buddha or Obi wan Knobe in charge, until you re-organise the training for 8 year olds upwards, England are always going to be over-hyped chancers who will fail whatever we wish, dream or hope.
    So true
  • Options
    Valleystorm200 is quiet tonight. Being interviewed?
  • Options
    It doesnt matter if you have god, Buddha or Obi wan Knobe in charge, until you re-organise the training for 8 year olds upwards, England are always going to be over-hyped chancers who will fail whatever we wish, dream or hope.

Exactly
  • Options
    Good new this. Maybe I can start to enjoy watching England again..
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Pearce for the Euro's, Redknapp after that.

Who ever it is needs to build a young team and cut loose most of the big names.
  • Options
    Has to be Guus Hiddink. Certainly don't want 'arry f-off lightfingers Redkrapp
  • Options
    Sandra Redknapp has got it in the bag
  • Options
    No manager, not even Lord Redknapp of Hotspur can turn the best English players into world beaters. Look at the Premiership - where are all these world class players going to come from? No quick fixes - as said above it has to start with 8 year-olds. I hope they start soon otherwise there won't be another decent England team in my lifetime!
  • Options
    edited February 2012

Realistically would Pearce be able to run with the Euros and the Olympic team?
  • Options
    Dont think Pearce is good enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Realistically would Pearce be able to run with the Euros and the Olympic team?
    Pearce for the England team and Beckham to take over the Olympic side.

• Options
    McLeish has resigned from Villa. Trying to leave without anyone noticing, given the timing...
  • Options
    I would have Redknapp for the Euro's but I can't see him leaving Spur's before then.
  • Options
    McLeish has resigned from Villa. Trying to leave without anyone noticing, given the timing...
    That was a marriage made in hell.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Martin Keown and Danny Mills have as much chance as anyone else.
    Because we dont have the skills or talent in the player pool.
  • Options
    They were offering fives that Capello would still be in charge in the Summer! Doh!

I reckon the only thing that peed off the players about the two hour selection thing is the not required players wanted out on the lash and Cappello knew this.

Its a poisoned chalice,the players arnt really half as good as they or the press reckons.Everything about you is going to be in the tabloid press and when the shower of p*** poor players fail again at a major final you are out on your backside humiliated.
  • Options
    Surprised megson doesn't feature in the odds ;0p
  • Options
    Apparently John terry is backing Ron Atkinson.
  • Options
    That would be a MASSIVE job for Megson.
  • Options
    good news for England, now Terry can be consigned to the dustbin and the chances of doing well have gone from 5% to 10%. Scott Parker for captain.
    Pearce would be a poor long term choice but probably a great short term appointment. Don't see that the Olympics complicates things really, just keeps him busy for a little while.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Neil Warnock for me ;)
  • Options
    PLEASE not redknapp. are you all being dim? the guys has won ONE trophy in years and years of management. capello won truckloads, and you somehow think redknapp will be better than him???

I would honestly prefer Hodgson, at least he possesses some form of tactical nous. Redknapp HAS NOT worked wonders with Spurs. Look at the amount of money they spend, they SHOULD be getting into the champions league, anything else would be failure.
  • Options
    That would be a MASSIVE job for Megson.
    You mean it would be MASSIVE for England to get him as manager.
  • Options
    Agent_ITK on Twitter has this to say:

"So looking likely Trevor Brooking to be caretaker for the Holland game. Pardew still the one most of the FA want to look after the Euros."

I would've expected Pearce to be caretaker for Holland? But then I'm not in the know.
  • Options
    PARDEW!!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Good riddance.
  • Options
    Apologies. I was misinformed earlier. McLeish has NOT resigned so remains Villa manager. Sorry.
  • Options
    I don't think winning trophies at Club level should necessarily be on the job description for an England Manager, especially If an Englishman is wanted as Manager. Probably the main reason I like 'Arry for the job is because he has coached teams that can knock the ball around in a good fashion.
    After the 2010 disaster many people were thinking we should use the 2012 Euros to blood as many young players as possible, with a view to getting a good squad together that could do well in 2014. The next England manager should have that vision. I don't think it was on Capello's mind to do that - glad he's gone, but fully understand why.
    Pearce should get the job on a temp basis - he knows all the young players. The nexy England Manager should be appointed a.s.a.p. and accompany Pearce to 2012 Euros.
  • Options
    good riddance
  • Options
    gary neville neville