Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wolves Sack Mick McCarthy

Not a great surprise after a 5-1 drubbing at home by your rivals, wonder who will get the job?

Comments

• Options
    Stupid decision, that's one week after a great win at QPR.

Hope they go down, they will regret this massively.

The window is shut now so whoever they bring in is stuck with the same squad.
  • Options
    Oh what a fickle game football is. Don't think he deserved it.
  • Options
    No surprise to me, they look shocking at present and would have gone down with the Millnil bloke in charge.

A change may now give them a chance of staying up.
  • Options
    Wow... That's a terrible move ... And they have a half built mega tier being put up at molineux ... They won't fill even their current stadium in the champ ... Gonna be very interesting end of season ...
  • Options
    WBA looked much better than them but McCarthy has done an excellent job - Wolves are a side that over the last 20 years ahve spent more time outside the top division than in it. Has McCarthy suddenly become incapable? They are clearly hoping for an instant effect and I hope they don't get it.
  • Options
    Stev Bruce?
  • Options
    Curbs would save them ...
  • Options
    curbs or warnock ?
  • Options
    Oh what a fickle game football is. Don't think he deserved it.
    Never quite know how to view a sacking these days - he's done quite well overall for Wolves and therefore you could argue that he does deserve a sacking and a pay off rather than being forced to resign. Strange old world football management.
  • Options
    Thought this might be on the cards when I saw that match yesterday. Should be ideal for Curbs, but whether the owners are that sensible...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a great surprise after a 5-1 drubbing at home by your rivals, wonder who will get the job?
    Roy Keane

• Options
    Shame the Wolves never looked at what Mick has done at Wolves since taking over, developing the stadium, signing players such as Jarvis, Doyle and Kightley and sacked because of knee jerk reaction. What are the expectation levels of Wolves fans, ok so they are having a bad time of it at the moment, but to go round just sacking people is not the answer.

Secondly who are they going to bring in that change their fortunes?

Thirdly not as if they are cut adrift so they are still in it.

Makes no sense in what they have done.
  • Options
    Is it a high enough profile club and near enough to Essex for Curbs though? And will Wolves want to risk being sued when he is sacked before the end of his contract (as 80% of PL Managers are)?
  • Options
    Makes me think if we'd lost 6-1 at home to Palace, rather than Leeds would Curbs have lasted so long?
  • Options
    no sense in this at all....done a sterling job up there......
  • Options
    Still lives in Chislehurst, so prob back to the spanners when they bin KJ.

Shame on Wolves.
  • Options
    Benitez all day long.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I like MM, but really he's been very lucky to stay up these last few seasons with the bottom of the table being piss poor. He's persisted with the mo of two wingers, never really sorted his midfield up to prem standards, and the defence has suffered. Whilst some signings I like, he just picks up players from relegated teams every season and seems to have to turn them over with more of the same.

Not sure about the timing of the sacking, but he's been well backed by the owner. All comes down to whether they stay up or not, which was looking unlikely under MM for most of this season. Three seasons of just staying up, when he's spent millions and Norwich and Swansea just waltz past him to my mind means he had to go. 5-1 against WBA, pretty much means they are bottom five again, a change had to happen whether the end of the year or not. Personally Morgan has given him plenty of chances this season, and they have had many abject performances. Just don't get Dowie in.
  • Options
    Terrible move. Just who do they think is going to get more out of them than him given the window's closed as well? Are they going to attract The Special One?
  • Options
    Curbs would be mad to go there. The expectation is to turn things around and if he took them down, he would be on borrowed time to start the next season, as was a cetain Mr Powell. I'd hate for Curbs to wait this long for the 'right job' and get the boot soon after.

As for sacking McCarthy i think a rash decision they will come to regret.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Billy Davies
  • Options
    If Curbs doesn't get this job I dont think he ever will come back

It's the perfect fit, big club under achieving need a kick up the arse to get them up the table and commutable

I'm certain he would take it if offered
  • Options
    I like MM, but really he's been very lucky to stay up these last few seasons with the bottom of the table being piss poor. He's persisted with the mo of two wingers, never really sorted his midfield up to prem standards, and the defence has suffered. Whilst some signings I like, he just picks up players from relegated teams every season and seems to have to turn them over with more of the same.

Not sure about the timing of the sacking, but he's been well backed by the owner. All comes down to whether they stay up or not, which was looking unlikely under MM for most of this season. Three seasons of just staying up, when he's spent millions and Norwich and Swansea just waltz past him to my mind means he had to go. 5-1 against WBA, pretty much means they are bottom five again, a change had to happen whether the end of the year or not. Personally Morgan has given him plenty of chances this season, and they have had many abject performances. Just don't get Dowie in.
    The reason McCarthy has brought in the players he has is simple.....

1) They are all the club can afford, Morgan is not a billionaire and Wolves commercial income would be one of the lowest in the Premiership.

2) Not even the smoothest talking boss can persuade players that Wolverhampton really is a wonderful place to live - you get the players that few other Premiership clubs want.

3) Those "British" style players were best suited to Wolves combative style, hard to bring foreign players into that culture.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    they've been clinging on for a few years, they need a fresh start.
    No Premier League club is likely to want Curbs.
    Maybe Warnock?
  • Options
    Leeds fans bigging up Big Mick on Twitter. Evidently he was a boyhood Leeds fan
  • Options
    they've been clinging on for a few years, they need a fresh start.
    Maybe Warnock?
    Christ, how funny would that be if Colin Wanker kept Wolves up and sent QPR down!
  • Options
    Think Curbs is out of the picture for management jobs now.

They'll go for someone like Bruce which would be a bad appointment
  • Options
    Warnock will get the gig............McCarthy wasn't performing......It's all about 'now' in the Prem and Wolves obviosuly see this as a move that can save their Prem status
  • Options
    Curbs said if he gets the call he will speak to them. On SSN.