Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wolves Sack Mick McCarthy

Comments

• Options
    If Curbs is sitting by the phone I fear he'll have a long wait!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Been coming. Wolves have been shocking for the most part, this season.

Expect Lee Clarke's name to be banded around again.
  • Options
    If Curbs is sitting by the phone I fear he'll have a long wait!
    No chance, I dont think Curbs will manage again, its been to long.
  • Options
    Been coming. Wolves have been shocking for the most part, this season.

Expect Lee Clarke's name to be banded around again.

I reckon he'd accept it as well. Hudders fans beginning to get tired of him and he's on a rolling contract at their place. If they don't go up this season he's rep for being the next best young manager will be gone and he'll end up just like any other lower league manager
  • Options
    Curbs is much softer than MM. Not the type capable of kicking anyone up their arse. Would be daft to go there.
  • Options
    Do people on the Arsenal MB's still suggest George Graham for every job that comes up?
  • Options
    Never good losing 5-1 in a bottom of the table
  • Options
    Never good losing 5-1 in a bottom of the table
    Especially against your nearest rivals!

• Options
    I'll miss Mick. Always had something interesting to say and had no time for a lot of the double talk and sucking up most managers go for. I was watching the match with my dad and I said he was finished when the 5th goal went in. Ever since the Chairman had that bizarre rant at the players he'll have been waiting for a performance to sack McCarthy off the back of. I wanted Wolves to stay up but without Mick I've realised I actually don't care which is a shame. Hopefully he'll get back into management soon, though I feel the future looks a bit bleak for Wolves. It's not like they can bring any new players in now, their best loan signing in Frimpong is knacked and no-one seems to have any form save for Fletcher. I see Colin getting the call
  • Options
    Do people on the Arsenal MB's still suggest George Graham for every job that comes up?
    They ask whether Bruce Rioch still has a chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn't it be rather ironic if Warnock got the job, kept them up and QPR went down?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Exactly a year ago this week, I recall many of the same voices on here saying that WBA were ''idiots'' to sack Roberto Di Matteo and the sacking made it ''certain'' that they would be going down.

In fact, replacing Di Matteo kept them up. Can't see Wolves had any option but to seek a change after 14 pts from their last 22 games. Hope it works for them as it worked for WBA this time last year.
  • Options
    Curbs has been out of action for way too long for this job.
  • Options
    Curbs is much softer than MM. Not the type capable of kicking anyone up their arse. Would be daft to go there.
    What makes you think that? I'm pretty sure Curbs gave out a lot of kickings. I remember us losing at Upton Park 5-0 on Boxing Day then 3-4 day later winning 4-1 away at Maine Road. He must have done something.
  • Options
    Curbs may be interested, but would Wolves fans accept him because of his link with Birmingham?

Danny Wilson, and Alex McLeish, both have a sizable section of fans that won't let their respective past associations with local rivals.

Mind you, I feel this is the last opportunity for Curbs to get back into management.
  • Options
    Coyle next to go?
  • Options
    Odd timing, yes it was a terrible performance yesterday, but the window is shut so any new manager is stuck with the squad.

It's a tough job, not one I'd leave an existing club for, which leaves the out of work managers. Colin, Bruce, Grayson, Davies etc
  • Options
    sven?
  • Options
    Stupid decision. Respect MM. He could well get the Leeds job and be with a bigger club, mind you with Bates on his back.
    Tough job for Colin to take on but he could keep them up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will Wolves be the latest club to make the mistake of thinking Steve Bruce is a good manager?

This is made for Curbs.
  • Options
    I am not so sure it is a stupid decision, one win in 11 games is aweful, losing at home 1-5 to your rivals is not good. Put the above scenario into any club in the land and fans would be calling for the managers head.

With the riches the Prem league has to offer now I think any board/chairman would have done the same.

No room for sentiment in any business but football is by far the worst, the game is a results based industry and 1 win in 11 a failure.

• Options
    sven?

nah, the transfer window is shut and he likes to spunk money
  • Options
    sven?

nah, the transfer window is shut and he likes to spunk money
    I wonder if Nancy's window is shut, he likes to put a bit of "harry" around over there as well.

• Options
    What makes you think that? I'm pretty sure Curbs gave out a lot of kickings. I remember us losing at Upton Park 5-0 on Boxing Day then 3-4 day later winning 4-1 away at Maine Road. He must have done something.
    Yes he did. He called a certain Scott Parker back from his loan spell at Norwich & stuck him straight in the team!
  • Options
    Maybe they looked at Sunderland, which is a bit of a freak situation anyway.

Really like Mick. But he's been sacked or relegated by/ with every team he was in the top flight with. He's never been given a top flight budget though.
  • Options
    The problem is with Sky TV revenues the difference between staying up and relegation isn't a matter of dropping down to the CCC for a season or two but about making a shed load of cash, or losing a shed load of cash. It's worth the risk of disrupting a squad in the hope that they can attract a new manager in who might just make the difference and make the owners a lot of money. That's the gamble they are taking.
  • Options
    Curbs would keep them up no doubt
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Had him as guest at a Bromley Addicks meeting a year or two back......very nice fella, he was on a hiding to nothing at Wolves.
    I've an idea that (secretly at least) he might not be too unhappy about it at the end of the day, it's been a long old struggle hasn't it.