Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wolves Sack Mick McCarthy

12346»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2012
    "...while former Queens Park Rangers manager Ray Wilkins has said he would be interested if approached."

I'm sure he would be, but I'm even surer he won't!
  • Options
    I saw that! Quite funny - "Yes, Ray, thanks for that... I mean, no one asked...."
  • Options
    My word, Ray Wilkins
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Let Terry Connor have the job.

He'll be the second black manager out of the 92 clubs along with Chris Houghton.
    4th surely, Keith Curle was appointed at Notts C.
  • Options
    someone just tried having 400 with us on holloway at 25's. Probably bullshit but thought i'd pass it on anyway.
  • Options
    Olly would be an interesting short term appointment. May well be the kind of guy to lift the gloom and give them some good results early in his tenure, which might well be enough to keep them up. Jury is still out on his long term abilities as a manager in the Premiership but he did a tidy job with Blackpool, considering the resources at his disposal.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

He'll be the second black manager out of the 92 clubs along with Chris Houghton.
    4th surely, Keith Curle was appointed at Notts C.
    Just goes to show what a role model Powell is.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    "...while former Queens Park Rangers manager Ray Wilkins has said he would be interested if approached."

I'm sure he would be, but I'm even surer he won't!
    ''Incorruptible Addick said he'd be interested if approached, and although he has no experience and even less chance, bookmakers immediately installed him at shorter odds than Ray bloody Wilkins'' !!!!!!!

• Options
    someone just tried having 400 with us on holloway at 25's. Probably bullshit but thought i'd pass it on anyway.
    which bookies do you work for and how much did you lay em

cos in the past bookies all the main ones are pathetic on some of these bets 100 pound maximum
  • Options

They have......

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should have taken the bet fella!

• Options
    Nothing against Connor, hope he does a good job. They look ridiculous now though, with all the spouting about high quality candidates and getting the right person etc, they have appointed their 5th choice having been turned down by Curbs, Bruce, Walter Smith and Brian McDermott. Glad Curbs didn't go there, rubbish club, rubbish town, stupid boardroom.
  • Options
    Nothing against Connor, hope he does a good job. They look ridiculous now though, with all the spouting about high quality candidates and getting the right person etc, they have appointed their 5th choice having been turned down by Curbs, Bruce, Walter Smith and Brian McDermott. Glad Curbs didn't go there, rubbish club, rubbish town, stupid boardroom.
    Agree, good luck to Connor but they said "not a job for a novice" and appointed a novice, at least in managerial terms.

• Options
    Sometimes Chairmen, CEO's etc of football clubs should just shut up and get on with their job, but many of them cannot resist sampling their little bit of media exposure.
  • Options

Doomed he is Doooooooooooooooooooomed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Options
    it seems fairly obvious that Morgan (and maybe Moxey) want to run that team. It happened with Hearts when Burley was in charge when that Lithuanian guy took over. He made them sign a load of Lithuanian players and I don't know why he didnt just put himself in charger as manager. Morgan wouldnt be able to storm in the dressing room with the likes of curbs and bruce, yet you feel he has gone for Connor because he isnt high profile enough to demand anything. Cant see Wolves surviving now, the plyers must be well pissed off
  • Options
    Likely to be as successful as our appointment of Les Reed.
  • Options
    Likely to be as successful as our appointment of Les Reed.
    My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    Hilarious, McCarthy must be laughing his bollocks off.

"This is definitely not a job for a novice manager," Wolves CEO Jez Moxey.
  • Options
    Maybe Mccarthy can go back as Connor's assistant?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It does not always turn out like Les Reed ,remember Curbishley's original appointment with Steve Gritt had a similar feel
  • Options
    lol!... Love Mick McCarthy!!
  • Options
    I guess it must be difficult to not be bitter/smug when you are sacked by a club, who then have a shambles of a season!
  • Options
    I guess it must be difficult to not be bitter/smug when you are sacked by a club, who then have a shambles of a season!
    Not to mention Ipswich only finished in the bottom half twice in the six years he was at the club

16th being their lowest position under his reign
  • Options
    I imagine you also have mixed feelings if you get sacked and the next manager does far better!

I'm sure SCP was pleased at a personal level when Huddersfield got promoted to the PL, but on a professional level it was probably quite damaging to his career, with Wagner do so much better than him.
  • Options
    In fairness to Mick. He was leaving in a couple of games time but the fans gave him such a hard time over a meaningless substitution that he left them to it for the last few games. 

A tiny bit like the myth that I encounter all the time, that CAFC fans “got Curbs sacked” - but for Mick and Ipswich it was almost true.