Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton - Stevenage Post Match Views

edited February 2012 in General Charlton
AMAZING!!!

14 points from 3rd....

26.5k Crowd

Amazing team, Amazing manager, Amazing Club!

CHARLTON ATHLETIC FOOTBALL CLUB

WE ARE GOING UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• 14 points clear of the playoffs. We really are going up.

WAHEEEYYYYY!!!
  • Fantastic result, given the ticket promotion and the record breaking response to it.

A great day for the club and everyone connected to it.

As you can probably tell; I am a very happy chap right now!!!!

MASSIVE.
  • very proud to be a Charlton fan today, we have to remember it was stevenage we were playing, who have been on a good run since they beat us at their place, CP has turned this club around this season, Even when we play poorly we seem to get at least a point!!, lets hope he stays as long as Curbs did!

By all accounts a great day at the Valley!!
  • Sounded great, team played solid and morrow with a fantastic goal and BWP playing excellent. We are going up
  • I couldn't be there today but am truly delighted by this result. Can't wait to read the match reports from those of you who were there. Hope BWP can now start knocking them in again. COYR.
  • I'm beginning to believe......

Even if they win their game in hand Huddersfield need to rein in 11 points in 14 games. A draw at their place should make that an impossible task
  • Nothing but well done team,club,management and fans.
  • First game where we actually created loads of chances for a long time. Fantastic team performance. So happy that Bradley got one even though he should have had 6, however he has never had that many chances made or him recently so it's all positive. Took a goal for the crowd to get going but when it did the atmosphere was great. What a day.
  • Much needed 3 points we (bradley in particular) couldve had a hatful. Saved plenty of energy for tues towards the end as well...

Well done to all especially the two goalscorers, Morro for being the best centre half we have had in YEARS and Bwp for breaking the duck (thank god there is no dubious goals panel down here though!).

Lets put this away now!
  • Great result and a good performance. BWP should have had a handful but never mind. COYR!
  • Sponsored links:

• Awesome day, great result solid performance bwp scores my sons first game. Top top day
  • Scored in open play, bwp scored, still unbeaten at home, 14pts from 3rd

All good in SE7
  • Very good performance. Could easily have scored five or six goals against a robust side that knew what it was trying to do. Morrison and Kermorgant were absolutely outstanding.
  • Great day to be a Charlton fan. That "feel good" feeling is back!
  • I haven't felt this good about being a Charlton Fan in donkeys!
  • edited February 2012
    BWP would have scored 3 or 4 before Christmas.........Special mention for Solly today, he was superb.........though it seems not quite right to pick out one player inparticular because they all put in a terrific shift.
    Can't wait to see Morro's goal on the box tonight.
    Oh and of course, justice was seen to be done after the way we were 'mugged' at their place.
  • Very, very, very happy today :-)))))))))))))))))
  • Great performance, looked solid all over the pitch.

The Stevenage defence were the poorest i have seen, Rochdale were a far better team. COYR
  • Thanks Addicks
  • Great win .. wish id'a been there .. roll on Tuesday and 3 more points
  • Sponsored links:

• Over the moon that BWP has ended his drought. Another 15 from him by the end of the season please! ;0)
  • We are a far better side when we keep the ball on the deck.
  • BWP was denied more by a superb goalkeeping performance rarther than missing the chances a great second half from everyone. One aim and we are getting there!
  • Great result against a very ugly team. Hamer had one shot maybe to save. So, so pleased for BWP. Thought he was going to bury the chances after his goal but lets not play down their keeper making a couple of very decent saves too. He's still getting the chances and I'm sure will kick on again now. CP taking him off gave him us a chance to show him that he'd still a crowd favourite and maybe another little boost.

Otherwise the longer the game went on the more comfortable we looked. They harried and made things very difficult but in the end we had too much quality for them.
  • I wasn't there but this is a huuuuge win. Out of our 'blip' (feels good to describe draws as a blip) and now we can push on. Stevenage have shown that they are a good side but apparently proved no match for us today

COYR!!
  • edited February 2012
    First goal was crucial as it was up there.

This time we got it and from then on we were all over them. We stretched them left and right and could/should have more but for some very good goalkeeping/some poor finishes.

Whole team were up for the battle and gave as good as they got from the ever physical Boro. Stevanage pressed well and looked to stiffle us but when MOTM Morrison scored that great goal they had to come forward and we exploited that like the promotion winners we are.

So much for the blip and for "we've thrown away the lead/we've blown it/blah/blah".

Onwards and upwards

PS good to see redmidland, Oggy and a few other long distance lifers in the Lib. Pleased to meet Webby for the first time.
  • Stevenage can go forth and multiply. They are anti-football. Time wasting from the word go, sly digs all over the place and basically a bunch of shitehawk spoilers.

They will miss the playoffs and next season go down.

I really hope we never play them again.
  • Good days, good times !
  • Without their keeper it could have been 4 or 5 - 0, great performance
  • Brilliant, and I hope Stevenage collapse and end up going down next year