Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton - Stevenage Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Excellent performance 2nd half not too bad 1st half. Loads of chances. Great goal my Morrison, defo man of match closely followed by solly who played his socks off. But the all played great really stepped it up. The crowd erupted after bwp goal which must've made his season, he really deserved the goal, even if there was a deflection, as he never stopped trying to score the whole time he was on the pitch. Stevenage quite aggressive at times thought we may have had a red card a few times but luckily we didn't. Think we are going up now without a doubt. Well done charlton you did us proud yesterday.

Also thought might see few of lifers in lib club but didn't know where to look, asked behind the bar they didn't know what I was talking about so maybe next time if I'm given a description or something lol.
  • Options
    5th biggest crowd in the country ... incredible for division 3
  • Options
    Sadie, the cool people from the Lib are usually sitting on the big table in the room with the stage. Right by the bar, handsome looking bunch.
  • Options
    Wrong room then lol, its amazing how many charlton supporters haven't heard of charlton life??
  • Options
    saveloy treats for everyone!
  • Options
    @vff Thanks for that, it was very helpful.

Reflecting on it the self-explanatory bit was pointless. The first sentence was supposed to be edited from 'London neighbours' to 'promotion rivals' (after I discovered where Stevenage actually was), but I just ended up making no sense. I've also edited the hard-worked bit, which wad just sloppiness.

Unfortunately I can't really help being wordy, just seems to be the way I've been taught to write. I'm trying to cut down on it though.
    Don't apologise for your writing style. Not as if you've been doing it for years is it. Enjoyed reading your report. Keep up the good work.

• Options
    I think this game could be the turning point in the run in. We and the team were all getting nervous and it was starting to put pressure on, however yesterday we began to play with the openness of the early part of the season and this will give them belief again in their undoubted talent, yes there are a few engine parts that need to be tuned but this reminds us all that here is not a lot wrong with this engine which has already shot ahead of everybody else on the motorway
  • Options
    What I saw yesterday is simply why my love for the club will never be in doubt! But I am also starting to allow myself to believe that we will be promoted this season as the Champions! This is the team we have wanted for a long time now.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Loved that. Brought a few extras for their first football/Charlton game yesterday and all said they'd love to come back.
    Plus there was a little lad sat behind us who spent the whole match laughing at my friends chanting. At the end of the game he told his mum he wants to come back again. Future Addicks!

Chris Solly is a beast.
  • Options
    Just a brief mention of Green who put himself about; good crosses; one of his best games; and a special pat on the back from SCP at the final whistle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    great second half performance - bwp's all round game was back i thought yesterday even if he wasn't as clinical as he was at the start of the season. Kermo was immense again and he's coming short to get it to feet more now and we're creating more as a result. Green had one of his best games and the defence, as normal, magnificent. Promotion is in the bag now for me. Just about securing the title now and building for next season. I know of 8 people who currently aren't season ticket holders, that i have spoken to since yesterday that will be getting one next year. Yesterday may just have helped tip the balance.
  • Options
    Excellent team selection, excellent tactical plan and excellent second half performance by the players. Well done to the manager & coaching team. Back on track after 2 scratchy draws. 6 more wins for the 90 point target.
  • Options
    We showed today, particularly in the second half, why we have bossed this division from day 1. As my mate observed, the bodybuilders of Stevenage ran out of steam and could not cope with our fluidity and overall quality. Once again, this team rose to the big occasion. A great day for the Charlton faithful.

Nothing can go wrong now - a very modest 20 points from 14 games will see us parading the trophy around the Valley at the grand finale against Hartlepool.

• Options
    I think this game could be the turning point in the run in. We and the team were all getting nervous and....
    Not all of us. First season I havent felt anything but 100% confident in our manager and players securing promotion for years after we went top months ago.

• Options
    I think this game could be the turning point in the run in. We and the team were all getting nervous and....
    Not all of us. First season I havent felt anything but 100% confident in our manager and players securing promotion for years after we went top months ago.

Agree Rodders. The two Sheffield results in consecutive weeks convinced me we were going up.

But then maybe it's just that you and me have bigger bollocks than some, being a couple of streetwise, no nonsense South London geezers who spend our working days surrounded by accountancy pussy helmets.
    ;o)

• Options

Agree Rodders. The two Sheffield results in consecutive weeks convinced me we were going up.

But then maybe it's just that you and me have bigger bollocks than some, being a couple of streetwise, no nonsense South London geezers who spend our working days surrounded by accountancy pussy helmets.
    ;o)

Pi$$ off! :-)
  • Options
    Ha HA. Are you an accountant then Len?
  • Options
    Ha HA. Are you an accountant then Len?
    As if you didn't know!

We've spoken before.
  • Options
    Hmm, rings a bell now that you mention it.

Anyway, comment was aimed at Rodders as I know where he works and he knows where I work. (If I told you, I'd have to "silence" you)
  • Options

;o)

Thats how i roll mate lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was so close to the pitch.

• Options
    My first game since arriving back in the UK (for good, hopefully).

We outclassed Stevenage in all departments. I was particularly impressed with:

Hamer: best distribution from a keeper I have ever seen. After seeing clips of him fumbling crosses, I wasn't sure about him, but he caught everything that came his way.

Yann: he won 95% plus of his headers and some nice touches on the floor.

BWP: kept going, and got his reward. Great support for him from the crowd.

Their goalie: made some great saves from BWP in particular.

It's great to be back; I start a new job in Manchester on Monday and already have plans to go to Chesterfield with my brother!
  • Options

Hamer: best distribution from a keeper I have ever seen. After seeing clips of him fumbling crosses, I wasn't sure about him, but he caught everything that came his way.

It's great to be back; I start a new job in Manchester on Monday and already have plans to go to Chesterfield with my brother!
    Welcome back home Killarahales...glad your first game was a victory.....lets hope you keep your 100% record at Chesterfield!!
  • Options
    Very professional and thoroughly enjoyable all-round team performance.
    With the balance of the team restored we looked like a different outfit and should have won by more but for some woeful finishing.
    Thought it was a bit quiet first half, but the crowd really responded to the second half performance and that was great to hear.
    Hopefully yesterday will have encouraged some of the extra fans to come back on a regular basis. Well done to Airman and his team.
  • Options
    Brilliant day. Sat in the North Lower for the first time, finally completing my Valley bingo card. It was a quiet stand but the crowd refrained from any negativity (not that there was anything to be negative about) and I really enjoyed my experience down there. Stevenage had a 15 minute spell in the first half where they lookd dangerous and Freeman fluffed his lines pretty badly at the end of the first half but other than that we always looked like the stronger team. Solly was immense and one of the highlights of the game was Freeman running for a loose ball, being outpaced by Solly easily and visibly letting all the fight go out of him. Looked like he couldn't believe how easily he'd been contained all game. Bradley could have had 5 on the day but for their keeper having a stormer and some suspect finishing. But that's strikers for you - at any level the team sets them up with as many chances as they can and the striker scores as many as he can. The important thing is he gets one of them, and the difference today was we actually created a flood of chances for him rather than only giving him one or two half chances or extremely difficult chances. Great performance, great day out.
  • Options

if you're in Manchester then why not go to Old Trafford on Wednesday to support the youth team, there should be a few of us there
  • Options
    Having noted sheff uniteds loss this has truly been a seminal weekend and one where Powell needs to start thinking about next season as well as the next game. The team he put out yesterday was the best team we have and they performed brilliantly especially in the second half. If bwp starts the road to recovery (helped by incredibly loyal fans) with a goal on Tuesday night then things start to look rosy for August (which is only 6 months away) Powell must already be considering both the next match and the next season esp after today and he must be convinced he has the nucleus of an outstanding team/squad. Yesterday was brilliant because it was a sign of things we can hope for; great crowds and great atmosphere and a great team and manager. What more could any fan want?
  • Options
    He'd have a job finding a better defence.
  • Options
    http://www.borochat.co.uk/forum.jsp?start=6462
    Quite a unique forum!

Three cheers for CL