Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton - Stevenage Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Without their keeper it could have been 4 or 5 - 0, great performance
    to be fair i dont think many teams would stand a chance without their keeper... ;)
  • Options
    Superb 2nd half. Hollands andvStephens poor first half and then superb second half. I never liked BWP but am being won over. He has worked really hard and didn't score because of bad luck. Solly superb. Should have been 5 - 0 against a well organised team. Still don't quite understand why we play for 45 minutes most games. If we played for 90 like we did second half god knows what we could do. Am predicting someone to get a tonking before May.
    CO Y R
  • Options
    Well done to the club staff and ticket office crew for their hard work in getting 26000+ tickets sold. Thanks too, go out to those volunteers who gave up their time to spread the word.
  • Options
    Superb!
  • Options
    Well done to the club staff and ticket office crew for their hard work in getting 26000+ tickets sold. Thanks too, go out to those volunteers who gave up their time to spread the word.
    100% agree. We should be very proud of everyone involved, a fantastic achievement.
  • Options
    Fantastic performance - really feeling happy now.
    Championship here we come !
  • Options
    Sounds like I missed a cracking day out - can't wait to get to Bournemouth - COYR.

Brilliant result
  • Options
    Just got in.

We played Stevenage off the park.

The MASSIVE crowd bought back memories of the Prem days.

We played like we did at the start of the season (Fecking Brilliant).

Morrison could seriously be a striker, that half volley was class.

BWP scored : ). But missed about 4 sitters. He did play out of his skin though.

The whole team was on the same wavelength and they all played magnificently.

I'm very happy, good times. COYR!!!!!

• Options
    edited February 2012
    All of that worrying for nothing. A very professional performance. Thoroughly enjoyed it and on another day we might have had 6. Well done to the club for getting 26,000 through the door and well done to the players for reading the script and not fluffing their lines.
  • Options
    great performance and BWP finally back on the score sheet COYR up we go!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic performance. COYR!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Hated the sellout crowd cdnt park etc... ;)

Ugly team do nothing for the game except perhaps the keeper who had a blinder,odd one choosing to defend in the sun first hafl perhaps a cl tactician can explain that one to me

They seemed to be falling over every other minute another odd one for a physical team. They seemed fit and organised but not much of a threat. Don't think we rose to the challenge first half, like henners said the 1st goal did it and we started to boss it.

The ref was a joke for a lot of the game

Lovely weather can't believe its still feb

Hope bwp can gain some confidence from this, and hope it was there keeper not him missing 5? chances..

Morro now edging it for me
  • Options
    Early on we let them use their strength to gain control but once we upped our game we dominated and could (should) have won by five or six. Even Stephens and Green got stuck in to the tackle. A wonderful all round team performance but a special mention for Green who gets a lot of (usually justified) criticism. I thought he had his best game today and his crosses constantly worried Stevenage's defence. This was the best we have played this calendar year and one more step closer to the Championship next term.
  • Options
    SCP must take a lot of credit, we have been very consistent in the games that matter most this season and were certainly up for it today against a very physical side that offered nothing once they had gone behind. Shape of the team is so good that once we are in front we rarely look like losing leads, massive difference to recent years when we couldn't defend 3 goal leads, never mind one.
  • Options
    Great game, great result and going to enjoy a few beers tonight ..... Nice to meet a few fellow lifers in The Liberal, a little disappointed did not get presented with my complimentary pair of Uggs as I thought was the custom but maybe thats for next time :-)
  • Options
    Onwards and Upwards!

Should have been 2 up at half time, but what a time to score a worldly from Morro. After that we looked comfortable and glad that Bradley is scoring again (should have had 5, but for another time). Great result.
  • Options
    Great result, have to admit I expected more from Stevenage, they had a few chances but I thought they were slow at the back and one of the poorer teams I've seen come to The Valley this season.

BWP got in alot of good positions but missed some right sitters, their keeper did well as well though a great save from Haynes shot as well. Defence was solid as usual, Hamer seems alot more confident and overall better keeper since his little "blip" against Sheff Utd to me.

Motm for me would probably be Hollands, first game in a while where he has really impressed me. Stephens grew into the game as well and Kerms was brilliant as he always is, shame Clarke tried to injure him at the start of the 2nd half!
  • Options
    Solid performance today, Wiggins, Solly and Morrison in particular were incredible

Tough side to play against but this side seems to find another gear against the best sides in the division

6 more wins...
  • Options
    Brilliant, and I hope Stevenage collapse and end up going down next year
    think they might but down from the Championship back into League One. They play ugly but I'd fancy them in the play offs.

• Options
    Back home with a bottle of wine (between the two of us) celebrating a really important win. Kermogant is so good in the air and sometimes I'd like to see a second player (Stephens?) getting in that zone to pick up his headers.

Really looking forward to Bournemouth next week and staying over in the Piddle Inn!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very, very good performance. We were several cuts above Stevenage who I don't think are as bad as some of the other posts suggest. Our defence is just awesome.

BWP had a great game, although obviously it would have been better had one or two of his other chances gone in.

Happy days at last.
  • Options
    Brilliant, and I hope Stevenage collapse and end up going down next year
    think they might but down from the Championship back into League One. They play ugly but I'd fancy them in the play offs.

Firstly they have to get into the playoffs Large...two losses in a week has seen them slip out of the playoff positions.
    Can't say I'm sorry about it either.

• Options
    Get in!
  • Options
    Smashing win, Yann is a beast, Solly fast becoming my new man crush! BWP great game as well, so glad he scored but a bit gutted him that he didn't bag more!

Hope I never see Steven Age again, horrible anti football with a ccrap palace chant fans! Do one!
  • Options
    A big improvement on Tuesday in all kinds of ways.

BWP was great, as was most of the team to be honest. Glad my season ticket for next year is bought and paid for!
  • Options
    Nothing but well done team,club,management and fans.
    Sums it up perfectly for me today. Well done everyone involved. Bloody great day.

• Options
    The one small negative from today was the finishing but what a great team effort. Morrison, Wiggins and solly seen to be getting better week by week. Fantastic!
  • Options
    I'm still buzzing.
  • Options
    Forgetful first half, excellent second half.

As for BWP scoring today, i'm not so sure. We sit West Stand lower 20 odd rows behind the away dug-out and looking `in line' as he shot. It all happens so quick but it looked like it was going a good yard or two wide and was bundled into the goal by their retreating defender. Hope i'm wrong but can see it being amended as an O.G. in the next couple of days.

As for Morrisons strike.....absolutely fantastic.
  • Options
    Great atmosphere, crowd, weather and result. Wife had £10 on 2-0 at 7/1 so she is happy (I paid her stake money!) Jim Davidson obviously had a bet at 2-1 and was screaming for the ref to award Stevenage a free penalty at the end!
    Stevenage came to try and muscle for the ball. We were always in control but I was only happy once the second goal went in.
    I thought the Stevenage crowd were a credit to their team.
    Happy days!!!