Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton - Stevenage Post Match Views

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Having noted sheff uniteds loss this has truly been a seminal weekend and one where Powell needs to start thinking about next season as well as the next game. The team he put out yesterday was the best team we have and they performed brilliantly especially in the second half. If bwp starts the road to recovery (helped by incredibly loyal fans) with a goal on Tuesday night then things start to look rosy for August (which is only 6 months away) Powell must already be considering both the next match and the next season esp after today and he must be convinced he has the nucleus of an outstanding team/squad. Yesterday was brilliant because it was a sign of things we can hope for; great crowds and great atmosphere and a great team and manager. What more could any fan want?
    Great post, BJ

• Options
    That Stevenage forum is truly retro!
  • Options
    Still buzzing!
  • Options
    The game on Saturday showed the real difference between BWP and Rhodes.

Had Rhodes got himself in those positions, I would gamble he would score more than BWP.
  • Options
    The game on Saturday showed the real difference between BWP and Rhodes.

Had Rhodes got himself in those positions, I would gamble he would score more than BWP.
    Rhodes would have had 5 or 6 on Saturday from those positions but he's brimming with confidence and has been scoring all season. Even after his goal (which I'm not 100% sure will stay his) Bradley managed to miss a couple so his confidence is not back completely yet. Plus, if I'm 100% honest, Rhodes is better than Bradley.

• Options
    I was all set to go, but after Tuesday night lost what little appitite I have for making the effort on a Saturday. I dropped my eldest and his mate off and it was heartening to see streams of people heading towards the ground.
    It's best I don't go as we're rubbish when I do.
    My young lad (lapsed STH) went with 3 of his mates all non CAFC and they really enjoyed it. They sat in the South Stand and he said the atmosphere was really good in there. They may well go again.
  • Options
    Was so close to the pitch.

Are you the one in yellow boots?
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I was very near you then just a bit more to the right. Love sitting near to the pitch you get a bit more involved.

Really enjoyable game. Thought Wright Phillips worked non stop. The raising of his arms and looking upwards after a miss - thought he was going to cry but he carried on. He will come good.

Loved the day. Dont like seeing the pubs so crowded tho before the game but sitting in the sun in the Swan back garden in february was good!

Do enjoy seeing posters on here doing the bounce... on their own!!

We get mentioned in the Metro this morning - Weekend by Numbers - bout it being our biggest league one crowd.

• Options
    what a day ! for once a promotion towards our "promotion" worked

thats the best we ve played for a while whilst stevenage threatened for a while we were far superior and should have won 4/5 nil .Everyone played well although the skipper was a bit quiet .That game came just at the right time for us ,great crowd and a reminder to us how the valley can look and become when we have a full house ..lets go unbeaten til end of season and see if we can get 100 points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if fatigue may be affecting the Stevenage players? They have another tough game at home to Huddersfield on Tuesday, I don't fancy their chances...
  • Options
    Just about sobered up. Great day out and my mate and the girls had a good time (even though one fell asleep in the sun in the first half. More to do with drink than entertainment I think)

Sat in the North Lower and there wasn't loads in the way of noise in the first half but the second was amazing. Went absolutely mental for the two goals.

Felt sorry for BWP as he was doing everything right apart from putting it away but he looks dangerous and will score tons if he can get that spark back. Decent skill for the second but not entirely sure it's his :)

Massively impressed with Solly, Kermo and Morro with a special mention for Green who looked dangerous going forward and put in some brilliant balls. If Kermit was on the end of the one in the first half instead of BWP it would have been a great goal.

All in all a bargain for £5 and know I'll be able to bring a lot more than 4 next time it's that price once word spreads in our group.
  • Options
    great day out for every one bit dissapointed by the amout of people leaving with 10 mins 2 go ? good 4 bwp as well think he showed he still believes in himself.great solid team back 2 its best upwards we go.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I feel sorry for Stevenage fans having to watch that every week. It's enough to do your neck in. First thought, look up, hoof

I can't add to what's been said other than it was a fantastic team performance, especially in the second half. My brother thought we'd rue the missed chances in the first half, but I just new Bradley would score. All right, it was helped in by a Stevenage player, but I'm not complaining. Bradley had earmarked this particular game in a Standard interview saying that he couldn't wait to get revenge over Stevenage. And what sweet revenge...
  • Options
    I wonder if fatigue may be affecting the Stevenage players? They have another tough game at home to Huddersfield on Tuesday, I don't fancy their chances...
    thought they had their cup replay against the Spuds this week ?

• Options
    thought they had their cup replay against the Spuds this week ?

whoops, just realised it's international week, so you are right. Apologies.