Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Train to Carlisle (No charter train)

Comments

• Options
    And a commemorative badge Henry? :-)
  • Options
    Perhaps Jim D might fancy flying a few of us up there?!
  • Options
    He's on stage in Motherwell the night of the game so unlikely he will do that :-) I expect he will be at the game though.
  • Options
    http://www.skyscanner.net/flights/lond/glas/120414/120415/airfares-from-london-to-glasgow-in-april-2012.html

Adapt dates as necessary, skyscanner check out the cheapest fares like the trainline do.
  • Options
    Wouldn't get on an official coach to Carlisle if you paid me!
    Wouldn't get on a chartered plane if you paid me.
  • Options
    Don't push it Brian : - )
  • Options
    Don't push it Brian : - )
    Sorry Guv

• Options
    Wouldn't get on an official coach to Carlisle if you paid me!
    Wouldn't get on a chartered plane if you paid me.
    No, I mean - what's to like? Getting there in about a sixth of the time.

I'll cross you off the list of Lifer's I might treat with a lottery win then adrian, seeing as you would clearly hate it.

• Options
    Won't change my mind but I'm desperate you keep me on that list.
  • Options
    "My Ces will take five of us - but landing fees are £250 at Carlisle and £350 at Biggin before you even think of fuel.

With five up, I'd burn about 8 gallons and hour - so say another £400, work out at about £220 each.

But it's a bit of a squeeze".

I hate wealthy friends
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Scrap what I said here - just realised it's crap (unless NSS wants to have a bash at claiming the VAT back via his business!)
  • Options
    Better count me out then = fuel costs would be doubled just getting me in the air :-)
  • Options
    £238 do-able what world do you live in.
  • Options
    don't want to ruin anyone's party but the journey planner suggests you will struggle to get a train back to London after the game
  • Options
    Compared to getting on for 150 sheets for the chuff, I'd say that was a bargain!
  • Options
    theres plenty of trains back to london after the game
  • Options
    Obviously if I had my own business and could decide how much tax I fancied paying I would've said "piece of piss"!
    ;o)
  • Options
    Too lumpy for me and Henry jnr at that price offy but thanks for looking into it.
  • Options
    recession what recession,
  • Options
    Like a true Charlton fan, Let the train take the strain!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    don't want to ruin anyone's party but the journey planner suggests you will struggle to get a train back to London after the game
    17:52 and 18:52 direct to London
    18:08, 19:09 and 19:41 to Brummy then go from there

Plenty
  • Options
    We should have a football special ala Wolves away in the cup many years ago, with beer` n`fags and overflowing toilets. Can't beat it.
  • Options
    1976 it was. OMG a fair proportion of the posters on this board wouldn't even have been born then.
  • Options
    1976 it was. OMG a fair proportion of the posters on this board wouldn't even have been born then.
    Indeed. A great day out even though we lost. Ipswich away by train was another good one but one of the most memorable train trips was Gillingham away in the Kent cup? the train had been literally dismantled by the time it got back to Charlton.
  • Options
    Hilarious.

I wonder why we don't have them now?
  • Options
    Hilarious.

for the reason above i should think.
  • Options
    Hilarious.

Last time I went on one was for the midweek game at Anfield, in about '87, lost 3-2. Remember getting off at Edge Hill and onto the buses to take you to the ground, the scousers looking at us on the way to Anfield suggested it was the highlight of their week!
  • Options
    Hilarious.

You don't say!
  • Options
    If you could GUARANTEE me we're going to get promoted at Carlisle, I'm in for the plane idea Off It - plus Biggin Hill is less than 5 mins from my house :-)
  • Options
    Flying from gatwick to Manchester for 45 quid then 19 quid to Carlisle and 17 quid back to Manchester airport then 55 quid flight back cheers be home by 11 at night