Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Train to Carlisle (No charter train)

Comments

• Options
    Flying from gatwick to Manchester for 45 quid then 19 quid to Carlisle and 17 quid back to Manchester airport then 55 quid flight back cheers be home by 11 at night
    Top marks for initiative, safe journey and good luck with the connections.
  • Options
    I can see me missing the flight home if we get promoted but hey ho. Connection is abit tight leaving only an 40 mins between getting Manchester airport station and the flight.
  • Options
    Can we not get a discount for a group booking on the trains?
  • Options
    Let me have the name of your band and I will look into it for you :-)
  • Options
    You can do, like 3 travel for the price of 2 etc
  • Options
    The way this looks like going, I might just have to pay on the day!
  • Options
    107 notes for a return ticket, just cant justify that cost, and i cant do the slog on a coach way to far, drove to lake district last summer and is a killer of a journey plus the m6 is a bitch.
  • Options
    I got a return for £32 a few months ago, cheers EfsborgAddick!
  • Options
    We're got them for £38. It's unbelievable how they're aloud to put it up so much.
  • Options
    103 notes on virgin, gutted, got a little bonus from work for a real shitty job i had to do last week and was planning on using it to fund this trip with match ticket only 20 notes i thought train would be 50 max, no chance of making it now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I got a return for £32 a few months ago, cheers EfsborgAddick!
    Your alright mate, just remember, rule of thumb each train company release tickets about 10 weeks before date of fixtures
  • Options
    Anyone decided on any pubs up there yet? be good to get a atmosphere going in the pub beforehand.
  • Options
    Anyone decided on any pubs up there yet? be good to get a atmosphere going in the pub beforehand.
    Word to the wise Mike, they can be a bit iffy up there, not the pubs that is!
  • Options
    I got a return for Ten quid....in 1981 admittedly
  • Options
    2 Boozers right by the station I think.
  • Options
    ah their fine!
    Yeah spoons is the closest pub to the station and they have sky so could be a gooer

• Options
    The pitch invasion will be fun!
  • Options
    Again!
  • Options
    Again!
    Will Chrissy Powell be chairlifted this time?!
  • Options
    I can't wait for this!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ah their fine!
    Yeah spoons is the closest pub to the station and they have sky so could be a gooer

The spoons is round the corner,there is a pub right outside called Panchos not up to much,a Barras on the corner and the spoons is second pub round the corner.All tend to have bouncers on the door at the weekends.Ive used the spoons and found pretty good,but not on a match day.
  • Options
    Taken the plunge with @Stewart and it's come to £172.15 for one adult, one YP card.

For £40 more than that, I got a flight home from Malaysia last year.
  • Options
    £172.15 with a railcard for a return for one or for both of you?
  • Options
    Roughly £103 for a normal adult, £68 for adult with a YP, plus booking fee.

To save £8 you can mess around at New Street for 50 minutes in the morning, then 10 minutes on the way back. Havn't kept the times though as it didn't seem worth doing.
  • Options
    ah the YP card is a godsend!

fairplay to you, hopefully its a great day for all that make the effort.

• Options
    Roughly £103 for a normal adult, £68 for adult with a YP, plus booking fee.

To save £8 you can mess around at New Street for 50 minutes in the morning, then 10 minutes on the way back. Havn't kept the times though as it didn't seem worth doing.
    Yes, come join me at New St, I'll be on my tod there...10mins break to get Burger King in the station is all good for me
  • Options
    sod It, I am getting on this today. Was gonna wait and see what the weekend brings but why wait!
  • Options
    sod It, I am getting on this today. Was gonna wait and see what the weekend brings but why wait!
    Dude, Its only money

• Options
    edited April 2012
    There is a small possibility we will charter a special train from Euston. We have done the groundwork, but it is very expensive and not at all clear we can do it. Even if it is possible we can't commit until Tuesday morning when we know the results scenario. This will still be pricey, but better than the current return fares.