Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Train to Carlisle (No charter train)

Comments

• Options
    2 of us at the moment, could be another 3-4.
  • Options
    Was going 2 drive us in my 60 to gallon skoda but now got a 25 to gall lexus so could be to pricey! any one driven before how long real times not satnav times!
  • Options
    Would be a good idea this and think people would still go even if we do mess up at weekend be great if something was sorted over weekend but obviously with the bank holidays very hard to do good work airman sounds like a big following up their of this comes together
  • Options
    Made my mind up im going already but would be great if this goes ahead.
  • Options
    Will there be 1st Class?
  • Options
    Any chance of getting it to stop at Manchester?
  • Options
    Lol.
  • Options
    It's not gonna happen at carlise (it can't)
    It can
  • Options
    Yup, 2 of us would be able to go at this price. When d'ye want ours money?
  • Options
    Come on Airman, brownie points can earnt over the weekend for the men, as well as plans for the following saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    can i bunk it?
  • Options
    can i bunk it?
    Ask Trevor!
  • Options
    I would be up for a train to Carlisle as would two others I go with.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    We haven't discussed whether it would be dry, but the reason it may be was alluded to at the start of the thread. The club would have to pay for damage. We had exactly this problem with previous train charters.

I don't regard previous matches where train travel was free or relatively cheap as a reliable indicator of demand at £50. A train isn't a plane, either, but point taken.

We do think that in a clear-cut promotion scenario (i.e. we win, we go up) we would have a good chance of selling it out, but I would be less confident in the situation where we needed to win and one or two others need to lose or draw.

I don't believe the demand would be there if we can't be promoted on the day and therefore it's too big a financial risk for the club to commit now.
  • Options
    Fair enough. lets see where we stand after Monday. Would there be enough time to sort it in four days? I know people are people, and can be unreliable, do we have a chance of 500 wonderful souls sorting themselves in four days? If it were clear cut I'd like to think so.
  • Options
    I'd be interested and Maybe another 2
  • Options
    I'd be well up for a charter train, 2 poss 4. Will a train ticket guarantee a match ticket?!
  • Options
    If the big P is on then yes x 2, maybe 5 but three would be U16s. Any ideas on reduced prices for them if any?
  • Options
    Two definitely, could be four. Would be amazing - even if it is (officially) dry
  • Options
    If the big P is on then yes x 2, maybe 5 but three would be U16s. Any ideas on reduced prices for them if any?
    It's difficult as we have to cover the cost of the charter, but will include in the mix if we get that far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    might be interested x2
  • Options
    20 plus if it is on
  • Options
    Know alot of people would be interested depending if it's dry or not.
  • Options
    I hope this goes ahead, the more the merrier.
  • Options
    Deffo would go via charter train, need to be back same day.... x 2 maybe 3
  • Options
    Cheers Rick, understand that. Ok for me as just have the one but Alex would need to pay for himself and two kids
  • Options
    Just rung up and bought 10.
  • Options
    Charter train-now we're talking!

Would defo be keen and don't think there'd be any issues filling 500 spots at £50 a pop
  • Options
    First official moan - someone has too!! This is CL afterall.

Delighted for those not yet booked, if this comes off, but having been committed weeks back, not even knowing if we would get match tickets,
    we spent ages trying to find cheap routes. Ended up paying £83 I think out of Euston, knowing we will still need to pay another £20 on the day from
    Maidstone to London.

Could the club not have considered this earlier, when it was clear prices were steep but demand would be fairly high.

Like I say not a dig at the idea and i'm delighted for those not yet booked, if it happens!
  • Options
    First official moan - someone has too!! This is CL afterall.

Delighted for those not yet booked, if this comes off, but having been committed weeks back, not even knowing if we would get match tickets,
    we spent ages trying to find cheap routes. Ended up paying £83 I think out of Euston, knowing we will still need to pay another £20 on the day from
    Maidstone to London.

Could the club not have considered this earlier, when it was clear prices were steep but demand would be fairly high.

Like I say not a dig at the idea and i'm delighted for those not yet booked, if it happens!
    Agree - I spent £103 last night.