Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Train to Carlisle (No charter train)

Comments

• Options
    what if the 500 fans needed falls 30, 40 short
    We won't do it that way - just saying that if we put it on and don't get the numbers it will cost the club.
    the club have missed out on a few though places though

I don't know how else we could have done this. There is no train at present and there may well not be one. Let's see.
  • Options
    Ignore him AB. Bloody lunatic.
  • Options
    Airman - would the special train leave from Charlton? If so, could it pick me up at west hampstead? ;0)
  • Options
    via beckenham juction for me
  • Options
    Airman - would the special train leave from Charlton? If so, could it pick me up at west hampstead? ;0)

Just don't get Syd to drive the train.
  • Options
    Ignore him AB. Bloody lunatic.
    thats what the wife does

• Options
    Will they be issuing a limited edition timetable for us spotters?
  • Options
    What sandwiches will it be serving?
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited April 2012
    If we don't get promoted will the club put on free travel to Preston as compensation?
  • Options
    Thought this was going to be a serious thread!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We've been spoilt over the years and we now expect stuff rather than appreciate it - that's my view.
    ??? People aren't even expecting this to go ahead yet, it's still early days!

If you paid £80 for something that drops in price to £50 a couple of weeks later you would be pissed off.

At least the £80 train won't be dry! ;-)
  • Options
    theres a slim chance of us getting promoted at carlisle if results go accordingly .... that isn't gonna happen so false alarm
  • Options
    theres a slim chance of us getting promoted at carlisle if results go accordingly .... that isn't gonna happen so false alarm
    It can happen, we beat Oldham, Walsall and Carlisle while Sheff Wed lose to Huddersfield on saturday = promotion
  • Options
    I'd go for this even if there isn't a good possibility, even any possibility of promotion. But maybe that's because I can only make some games when back in the UK
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited April 2012
    1k+ is not what you've got projected on the spreadsheet for carlisle..!
  • Options
    Sorted for travel already but if chartered by the club, It would probably be a dry train...
    Would the suit the people who go by coach!
  • Options
    We haven't discussed whether it would be dry, but the reason it may be was alluded to at the start of the thread. The club would have to pay for damage. We had exactly this problem with previous train charters.

I don't regard previous matches where train travel was free or relatively cheap as a reliable indicator of demand at £50. A train isn't a plane, either, but point taken.

We do think that in a clear-cut promotion scenario (i.e. we win, we go up) we would have a good chance of selling it out, but I would be less confident in the situation where we needed to win and one or two others need to lose or draw.

I don't believe the demand would be there if we can't be promoted on the day and therefore it's too big a financial risk for the club to commit now.
    Plus the logistics of selling 500 tickets from Tuesday announcement and Saturday could be problematic
  • Options
    Moan moan moan
  • Options
    Don't care what time it leaves but can we get there for opening time thank you.
    hahahahaha
  • Options
    what if the 500 fans needed falls 30, 40 short
    We won't do it that way - just saying that if we put it on and don't get the numbers it will cost the club.
    Take my earlier comment about logistics etc, hope that people will realise it is a good deal and even if it is only a possibility we can be champions people should bite the bullet and see a bit of history. How many people can say they were there when we won something?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just don't get Syd to drive the train.
    Yeah, it would go from Paddington via Penzance!
  • Options
    Well done to Airman and the club.

Could possibly have 6 interested but definately two. Think I would still go even if it was a remote chance. All we have to do now is beat Oldham and Walsall
  • Options
    What better motivation for scp and the boys win the 2 games and the fans will come
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    If Elena Eleniak is popping out of a cake, count me in.
  • Options
    Nah, she was only in the first one. Katherine Heigl do for you instead?
  • Options
    Nah, she was only in the first one. Katherine Heigl do for you instead?
    oh alright then.
  • Options
    Like it Looky
  • Options
    How many people can say they were there when we won something?
    there was a monster 1,100 when we were crowned League Champions @ Ewood Park in 2000

Nationwide League Division 1 - 1999/2000
    P W D L F A W D L F A Pts
    1. CHARLTON ATHLETIC 46 15 3 5 37 18 12 7 4 42 27 91
  • Options
    How many people can say they were there when we won something?
    there was a monster 1,100 when we were crowned League Champions @ Ewood Park in 2000

Nationwide League Division 1 - 1999/2000
    P W D L F A W D L F A Pts
    1. CHARLTON ATHLETIC 46 15 3 5 37 18 12 7 4 42 27 91
    I was there!