Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Train to Carlisle (No charter train)

Comments

• Options
    There is a small possibility we will charter a special train from Euston. We have done the groundwork, but it is very expensive and not at all clear we can do it. Even if it is possible we can't commit until Tuesday morning when we know the results scenario. This will be pricey, but better than the current return fares.
    cheers airman ... could be a good option
  • Options
    Ooo tempted. Could you give a rough idea?
  • Options
    oooo, tempted by this
  • Options
    airman i will be all over that mate i am sure loads would
  • Options
    ooo tempted i am
  • Options
    can this not have its own sticky and thread admin please
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited April 2012
    Either Monday or Wycombe please.

This bloody stag do - and the stag is a Charlton fan!
  • Options
    12 hours to late for me :(
  • Options
    Sorted for travel already but if chartered by the club, It would probably be a dry train...
  • Options
    Would be over this like a rash, and know others that would too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hmmmm tempted myself
  • Options
    I might hold out now then until Tuesday.
  • Options
    Fare would be in the region of £50, but we'd need 500 people.

• Options

I would have some of that.
  • Options

Sounds good, would kids under 16 pay half-fares?
  • Options
    Either Monday or Wycombe please.

This bloody stag do - and the stag is a Charlton fan!
    Youre in my boat WSS. I'm in f*cking Berlin for Carlisle. Not a single flight back to Liverpool / Manchester / Newcastle / Glasgow on Saturday morning. Stag's a Wednesday fan!
  • Options
    A big if....but any idea about the cost of a chartered train? I see that it's about, I dunno, £100 return at the moment, but if it were about £60 or less then I am sure I would be able to rustle up about half a dozen passengers for this one.
  • Options
    i know of 30 plus that would jump on it straight away.
  • Options
    seriously Airman i think people would do it at that price there is a huge number of people wanting to go get the logistics going mate
  • Options
    All over this like a cheap suit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    oops just seen the fare...£50 I would do it.
  • Options
    Airman, will it be a dry train?
    If we do go up as result of this game, will it be a dry train on the return.
  • Options
    too long since I've been there ... anyone recall how far it is from station to ground?
  • Options
    10-15 mins walk.
  • Options
    As I imagine there would need to be a very quick turnaround in terms of confirming and then filling the train, I strongly suggest to assist the club everyone potentially interested do their groundwork now (missus, alerting mates) rather than on Tuesday.
  • Options
    me, inspector sands and Buckshee are seriously interested
  • Options
    The club cant have it both ways, the only reason that people aren't going up there is the fact that its 5 plus hours in a coach or a car, give them the option of a train for 3 and a bit hours they would go in there hundreds/thousands, the proof of this is when we played Boro in the cup and ended up chartering 3 planes.
  • Options
    It's not gonna happen at carlise (it can't)
  • Options
    It can Bourne, and it will.

anyway, people won't travel cause their being ripped off by Virgin on price, not cause they don't want to go
  • Options
    2 more would be interested, it would cost more than that in diesel.