Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Train to Carlisle (No charter train)

Comments

• Options
    real shame.

I don't think anyone who has stated they want to go were going because it was to see us promoted, but because they wanted to go because it was fairly priced.

oh well, looks like pub instead
  • Options
    yes, if they lose and we win we are up as we'll be 10 pts above SWFC with 3 game remaining.

Regardless of what the others do we need 5 points to go up and 7 to be champions
  • Options
    cheers
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    If Wednesday don't win and we do next week then that's it, we're up.

If United drop points either tomorrow or next Saturday and we win next Saturday then that's more or less it too - depending on how many points they drop.

Looks like I'll be going either way then - special train or no special train.

• Options
    that train would sell offy now we have chance to do it,and weds are away
  • Options
    real shame.

I don't think anyone who has stated they want to go were going because it was to see us promoted, but because they wanted to go because it was fairly priced.

oh well, looks like pub instead
    My source could be unreliable but if I said that they might threaten to sue me : - )

• Options
    yes, if they lose and we win we are up as we'll be 10 pts above SWFC with 3 game remaining.

Regardless of what the others do we need 5 points to go up and 7 to be champions
    We win and Wednesday don't. Utd take 1 point out of 6 and we are champions. Too many permutations but still a possibility. Personally speaking I do not think we would get 500 on a charter so I do not blame the club being careful
  • Options
    Unfortunately it's been decided that because we would need other results to go our way on the day, we can't be confident enough about numbers to put the train on.
  • Options
    Unfortunately it's been decided that because we would need other results to go our way on the day, we can't be confident enough about numbers to put the train on.
    But if we didn't need results to go our way we'd be up already - so there'd be less demand!

Ah well.
  • Options
    That's a shame because I reckon it would sell come what may. It's got to be cheaper than the BR prices

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame.
  • Options
    Why not price it at £60, if they're worried about numbers/breaking even?
  • Options
    Shame.

Is it not possible to have a well publicised 24hr period for people to provisionally submit numbers and contact details for bookings to an email addy or phone number, and then a final decision taken at say 6pm tomorrow against the.numbers received ?
  • Options
    Thats a real shame. there were alot of peole in the con club that were interested. Will have to drive now
  • Options
    If we had a proper supporters club then that would be a good option AFKA - but they all disappeared up their own wotsits with all the ridiculous in-fighting.
  • Options
    Let's just have a bloody good day out...something of a beano if you like to celebrate our achievements one way or the other.
    Let's just pack a train and have a good laugh, doesn't have to be for a serious reason does it?
  • Options
    A win at Carlisle would be a great result, Wednesday have Colchester away. It's unlikely that we will go up on Saturday IMO.
  • Options
    A win at Carlisle would be a great result, Wednesday have Colchester away. It's unlikely that we will go up on Saturday IMO.
    We have the hardest game of the three
  • Options
    if we build it they will come
  • Options
    Sheff Utd could always drop points at Rochdale :)

Maybe not but I am fairly convinced we would have sold most of the tickets
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will build it - they will come
    Nice one nolly, offering to sub any club losses like that!

• Options
    My badly put point from earlier was that I don't think there was a single person who was planning to go who this afternoon thought I don't want to go now Sheff W have won
  • Options
    Sheff Utd could always drop points at Rochdale :)

Maybe not but I am fairly convinced we would have sold most of the tickets
    You may be right but are you willing to risk up to £25k on that?

It's a tough call to make when we don't have loads of cash in the budget hence the Club asking fans to pay for lights to Carlisle and trains to Hudds.

• Options
    It doesn't affect me but I think it is a great pity that the club can't support the fans, we have put up with a lot of rubbish in recent years and here we are on the up and the club make the suggestion and then withdraw it - ONE AIM - YMBJ
  • Options
    that's unfair IMHO LL.

they floated the idea to see if there would be interest.

it's not as if the Club is stopping anyone going on the coach or by car,
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Anyone who's tempted... Just book it. Yeah it's expensive but you'll be saving enough money between May and August.

Even if both us and Wednesday get a result, we'll be one step closer and all but mathematically up.
  • Options
    It would only cost the Club £25k if it were empty - which I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be.

Even if only half full, the cost would be the same as the players private jet to the game - which is what the 'lucky rich 5' are paying.
  • Options
    If only people had this enthusiasm a couple of months back when tickets were only £38...
  • Options
    that's unfair IMHO LL.

they floated the idea to see if there would be interest.

it's not as if the Club is stopping anyone going on the coach or by car,
    The club are probably in a no win situation, perhaps it should not have been mentioned of the possibility of a train, the logistics were always going to be against you doing it. If people want to go then perhaps they should put their hands in their pockets to see a bit of history.

I do realise that not everybody can afford to do this however.
  • Options
    i think thats unfair ll, they havent withdrawn anything.airman said all along it wouldnt go ahead if we needed to rely on other results