Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Train to Carlisle (No charter train)

Comments

• Options
    Soo last year.
  • Options
    Well done Offy.

When you see the outlay wrote down like that, it is absolutely bonkers.
  • Options
    Have taken the plunge and just bought 3 match tickets and three train tickets for an eye-watering 370 sheets.

Add in booze/cab/"entertainment" money and we are looking at something a round grand I reckon, between the three of us.

Must need my bumps felt.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

Is that for 3 adults or are you paying for a child too?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Have taken the plunge and just bought 3 match tickets and three train tickets for an eye-watering 370 sheets.

Add in booze/cab/"entertainment" money and we are looking at something a round grand I reckon, between the three of us.

Must need my bumps felt.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

At least you'll have a nice relaxing return journey almost the length of the country, you'd only get two tickets at the Emirates for that outlay if you were a Chelsea fan on 21st April! I shall be driving Friday night and stopping off half way up to see my grandson and again Saturday night before coming home on Sunday.
  • Options
    If you have an under 16 travelling with you , you could get the same tickets on a friends and family rail card .It would be much cheaper.
  • Options
    If you have an under 16 travelling with you , you could get the same tickets on a friends and family rail card .It would be much cheaper.
    That's why my daughter has decided she wants to spend Saturday afternoon in Carlisle . . .
  • Options

Must need my bumps felt.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

Is that for 3 adults or are you paying for a child too?

Physically - three adults.
    Mentally - a teenager and two toddlers
  • Options
    Who's staying over and where?
  • Options
    The travel fairies will transport me in a pink soft fluffy cloud from Lee to Carlisle, and then back again, all the while offering me Champagne and Lindor chocolate. leave at 1pm home by 6, and cos I booked in time it's only costing me £31 so there!
    Damn, I thought I managed the cheapest ticket!
    Why, how much was yours?

You mean you don't know?!!!
  • Options
    well done to those getting up there , hopefully you'll get what you deserve
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Must need my bumps felt.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

Excellent, let's hope we go up this weekend to make up for the costs
  • Options
    Says the bloke who's getting up there for a tenner!
    ;o)
  • Options
    My parents put my name down for the train before I was born in 1953. Got it for £1 12/6d.
  • Options
    My parents put my name down for the train before I was born in 1953. Got it for £1 12/6d.
    LOL
  • Options
    Blimey, surely you could have bought your own train for that in '53.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Says the bloke who's getting up there for a tenner!
    ;o)
    Real fans buy first open returns!!

• Options
    is no one going up with under 16 and family friends railcard works out just under £70 for the adults
  • Options
    is no one going up with under 16 and family friends railcard works out just under £70 for the adults
    Been looking at this but can only find £87. Where are you seeing that fare?
  • Options
    Sorry urban should of added just under £70 adult £19 odd for under 16 i remeber right 4 adults can travel so £69 odd for them
  • Options
    I am leaving at 6am and driving to Grantham to pick me brother up. He is driing up from there. We will be staying over if we go up otherwise its a night out in Grantham.
    I have heard that ElfsborgAddick is buying all those making the trip a drink with all the money he has saved!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry urban should of added just under £70 adult £19 odd for under 16 i remeber right 4 adults can travel so £69 odd for them
    ah right year that makes sense. Do u know if you can just walk up and buy a travel-together-card?
  • Options
    not sure if they youd be able to get a paper one on day and they send plastic card off in post
    not going satday and in beckenham so if anyone taking under 16 wants to borrow card let me know
  • Options
    Cardinal i think that Dave (now of Bournemouth) is staying over in Carlisle.
  • Options
    Not able to make game saturday due to work commitments but just had a look and for a return from grimsby - carlisle it is coming out at just under £85, thats more than what i am going to be paying for a return from grimsby to kings cross which is £82.

Fair play to everyone travelling upto the game on Friday/Saturday hopefully the massive loose and we win and it will be a perfect day out for all
  • Options
    Does anyone know how i can upgrade to first class using Weekend First. Do i just sit in seats until train bloke comes around and then pay? I emailed Virgin who said they will respond to my query in
    a month
  • Options
    I was thinking of doing this then I realised the free booze was only mid-week.
  • Options
    18.52pm is last train back to london that gets you back on saturday, miss that and your looking at a 13/14 hr slog bag to london.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how i can upgrade to first class using Weekend First. Do i just sit in seats until train bloke comes around and then pay? I emailed Virgin who said they will respond to my query in
    a month
    Thats what I do
  • Options

setting off tonight should be there before kick off.. after 3.. "Oh the camptown laddies....."
  • Options
    I am leaving at 6am and driving to Grantham to pick me brother up. He is driing up from there. We will be staying over if we go up otherwise its a night out in Grantham.
    I have heard that ElfsborgAddick is buying all those making the trip a drink with all the money he has saved!!!!
    Good idea, "guv'nor, about that pay rise?!"