Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Train to Carlisle (No charter train)

Comments

• Options
    If only people had this enthusiasm a couple of months back when tickets were only £38...
    Yeah, where you pay for a ticket and then it's in the lap of the Gods if you actually get anything for your money. Nice one.
  • Options
    If only people had this enthusiasm a couple of months back when tickets were only £38...
    Yep, spot on
  • Options
    How much are train tickets now?
  • Options
    Yep, spot on
    Yep, ridiculous that people may want to travel up there just to see us possibly get promoted and not expected to get massively ripped off in the process.

• Options
    How many of these ticket prices where available?

Tickets now over £100.

• Options
    Yes you might be right, perhaps I'm being unfair as I agree that the Club did put that proviso on their offer.

• Options
    Yep, spot on
    Yep, ridiculous that people may want to travel up there just to see us possibly get promoted and not expected to get massively ripped off in the process.

People still have the option of travelling by road, and going very cheaply
  • Options
    Or club coach. £25's a bargain.

If people really want to go they'll make the effort.
  • Options
    Or club coach. £25's a bargain.

If people really want to go they'll make the effort.
    Instead of complaining on how unjust it is with the club not wanting to lose money on people who may go
  • Options
    £25 for a coach is a bargin, I can't believe people aren't seeing that as a valid option.

My £32 return was a bargin as well, cheers again Elfsborg!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    £25 for a coach is a bargin, I can't believe people aren't seeing that as a valid option.

Whisper the thanks quietly FOD, people on here are not too happy with our foresight.
  • Options

Coaches are alright if you're under 16 or over 60 or on your own but most people like a bit of freedom and have a good few drinks on the journey and before/after. If you was allowed to drink on coaches, Would be a bit more popular probably.
  • Options
    Coach it is then! Bargain at £25!
  • Options
    Coaches are alright if you're under 16 or over 60 or on your own but most people like a bit of freedom and have a good few drinks on the journey and before/after. If you was allowed to drink on coaches, Would be a bit more popular probably.
    It's the law, not club policy. If you really dislike it then book the train.

It's a risk/reward situation but every away game is in a way. Most of us have had depressing, expensive days at Blackpool, Barnsley, Wigan, etc, but in this case the potential reward far outweighs the financial outlay.

Anyone who's thinking of it and misses out if something big happens will be absolutely kicking themselves come 5pm Saturday. And if not, those of us up there will enjoy it for what it is.
  • Options

They are bloody tiring but serve a purpose for people. I always travel by train but I believe travelling by train is in the minority, not just Charlton as I do not see so many other clubs fans using train on my travels.

A good few drinks before/after game.....terrific line, see you in the boozer before Carlisle!
  • Options

Whisper the thanks quietly FOD, people on here are not too happy with our foresight.
    I don't think anyone is saying that - not that I remember seeing anyway. Well played to you for getting in early and taking that risk in stumping up cash early doors.

Just because people aren't exactly happy with the remaining alternatives doesn't mean they are digging people who are sorted.

Seems to me that people are getting criticised for wanting to go up there for a reasonable price, yet on other threads people are digging out our lack of away numbers. Seems like a no win situation either way - which unfortunately is increasingly commonplace on here.
  • Options

I don't think anyone is saying that - not that I remember seeing anyway. Well played to you for getting in early and taking that risk in stumping up cash early doors.

Just because people aren't exactly happy with the remaining alternatives doesn't mean they are digging people who are sorted.

Seems to me that people are getting criticised for wanting to go up there for a reasonable price, yet on other threads people are digging out our lack of away numbers. Seems like a no win situation either way - which unfortunately is increasingly commonplace on here.
    I think the club were wrong in bringing up the subject of the train. It was unlikely things were going to be clear cut for Saturday, the logistics were always going to be a problem, lets face it, the club have no dough so do not want to take a risk.
  • Options
    Let the plane take the strain .. for a mere 2 and 1/2 grand .. non stop Stanstead to Newcastle .. a bit like RyanAir, you land fifty plus miles from your intended destination.
    May I wish a hearty good luck and a strong bladder for all you hardy coach trippers. It's a grim ride to and from Carlisle.
  • Options
    Let the plane take the strain .. for a mere 2 and 1/2 grand .. non stop Stanstead to Newcastle .. a bit like RyanAir, you land fifty plus miles from your intended destination.
    May I wish a hearty good luck and a strong bladder for all you hardy coach trippers. It's a grim ride to and from Carlisle.
    Thank the lord for my £32 return ticket on the train
  • Options

you Sir are a brave and hardy (not to say foolhardy) gentleman
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How much did it cost you Elfsborg? Don't think you've mentioned it before.
    ;o)
  • Options
    How much did it cost you Elfsborg? Don't think you've mentioned it before.
    ;o)
    For next season, ten weeks in advance of games tickets go on sale, as long as you are prepared to take the gamble of games not being rearranged.
  • Options
    It's the law, not club policy. If you really dislike it then book the train
    I do. Never will nor have travelled by coach.
  • Options

you Sir are a brave and hardy (not to say foolhardy) gentleman
    And devoted to the cause
  • Options
    £32 you say?
    ;o)
  • Options
    The travel fairies will transport me in a pink soft fluffy cloud from Lee to Carlisle, and then back again, all the while offering me Champagne and Lindor chocolate. leave at 1pm home by 6, and cos I booked in time it's only costing me £31 so there!
  • Options
    It's the law, not club policy. If you really dislike it then book the train
    I do. Never will nor have travelled by coach.
    Stay loyal to the train SE10, let the train take the strain
  • Options
    The travel fairies will transport me in a pink soft fluffy cloud from Lee to Carlisle, and then back again, all the while offering me Champagne and Lindor chocolate. leave at 1pm home by 6, and cos I booked in time it's only costing me £31 so there!
    Damn, I thought I managed the cheapest ticket!
  • Options
    Damn, I thought I managed the cheapest ticket!

there's always one aint there !!? .. enjoy the train ride .. and the next step on the road to glory
  • Options
    We could always try for the World Record for "number of blokes hiding in the khazi trying to bunk the fare on a single train".

I believe the Scousers currently hold the record (241).