Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

********************CHARLTON ATHLETIC ARE PROMOTED*****************

Comments

• Options
    And so it has come to be. Amen

Bring it on Championship !!!
  • Options
    It was karma wasn't it. Out for my run earlier I picked up a mobile phone that was on the pavement. No one else about to ask, no shops, nothing.

Could have just left it there for someone else to find (maybe pocket it actually as it was a good un) and tbh it was a bit of a pain carrying the thing back for the remaining miles but I did the decent thing and there was a message on it when I got back from the owner who had lost it when she fell off her bike.

Arranged with her to pick it up from me, handed it over, owner very grateful, all good.

So I sits there little bit later watching me horse lose me a ton by a flipping nose thinking don't I deserve a little bit of luck for doing a good turn?

Clearly though, karma had bigger plans for paying me back this afternoon!!! Basically, it was all down to me is what I'm saying... B-)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thanks BA ;-)
  • Options
    Bout f**king time. Red army!!
  • Options
    Learnt it on the 8th hole of a golf course in Aviemore, Scotland. Let out a massive friggin cheer in the hail. On the proper smash now.
  • Options
    I live in France so the champagne is flowing (and its cheaper here) well done the lads and SIR CHRIS POWELL. Come on!!!
  • Options
    Can we win the title next sat if we beat Wycombe and S Utd fail to beat MK away?
  • Options
    Couldn't follow 2nd half and got news via a text whilst in a restaurant........deeeelighted.

Massive congrats to management, players & supporters.
  • Options
    Sinking a few bevvies in my corner of Bournemouth tonight....so happy and proud. Our CAFC are back...!!
  • Options
    Can we win the title next sat if we beat Wycombe and S Utd fail to beat MK away?
    Yup
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, if we win it puts us on 97pts, if Sheff Utd draw they will have 89pts with two games left, if they lose a draw will do against Wycombe.
  • Options
    Up til 1.30 am then try to sleep so excited and happy back up three hours later loving it, the Internet is great at sharing in the feeling,
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Tonight my fellow addicks as we raise a glass
    Lets remember those fans both young and old that have passed
    They will not see their team aspire
    To the dizzy heights that once they graced
    But they will be there in spirit and looking down on hallowed turf
    As the Reds run out in late summer, back on the road to success
    and they will join us is silent voice as we cheer and roar 'The addicks are the BEST'

The road back has been long, yet in August 2012 our combined voice will be strong
    We may have been away for awhile But the 'addicks' are back and with some style
    Mr Powell and staff have given pride and belief back
    but supporters as one will never forget those that have passed in the last few years
    the team of '11 did all of us proud
    with pure SE London blood,sweat and tears.

Created by a slightly drunk RM in honour of those fans we have lost in the recent past.

I hope this has not offended anyone.

• Options
    Great post RM
  • Options
    Great post RM
    Thanks WSS......appreciated
  • Options
    No offence Rm, thanks for posting it.
  • Options
    Just got home.
    Fantastic.
  • Options
    Thanks RM my Dad would have loved that, he was at Carlisle the last time and I'm sure he's smiling now.
  • Options
    Hi all

Just wanted to add my congratulations on your promotion. Very well deserved. Hope you do really well in the championship next season....From a notts fan
  • Options
    Rm. Top post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi all

Just wanted to add my congratulations on your promotion. Very well deserved. Hope you do really well in the championship next season....From a notts fan

Cheers Pal

• Options
    I'm just lettin everyone know that it was a great result!!! And the party is going to continue all the way from Toronto!!!
  • Options
    Had to rely on a West Ham fan for news of the game - after telling my we'd won and were promoted she added that we'd go straight back down! Huh - we'll show her!
  • Options
  • Options
    don't ya just love Sir Chris Powell

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Promotion 100%
    Champions 99.5%
    Play Offs 0%
  • Options
    Such a good day!
  • Options
    Thanks RM my Dad would have loved that, he was at Carlisle the last time and I'm sure he's smiling now.
    I hope he smiles for a long long time my friend...............thank you for your comment.
  • Options
    Message to o randy hunt and the rest of you who probably noticed my 'cautious predictions'. All down to my grandad who passed away 10 days ago and missed this. He was winding me up at the start of the season about how I am a worrier. But when we started so well, I had to keep it up as a superstition. Then he found out he was ill after the wycombe game, and told me never to change. So there you have it - it was a kind of reverse psychology thing. So in answer to o randy hunts question where am I now - as if I am an outsider - I was crying tears of joy for our team, and tears for grandad who just missed this day. I just listened to it with dad at home. Up the addicks.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your grandad damo and I'm sure he was looking down on today's game proud of the lads and glad they done it for him and others.

I just noticed week in week out you've been predicting us to lose and saying everyones over confident and obviously didn't realise your reasons so sorry once again and hope you carry on these predictions next season