Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

********************CHARLTON ATHLETIC ARE PROMOTED*****************

Comments

• Options
    Message to o randy hunt and the rest of you who probably noticed my 'cautious predictions'. All down to my grandad who passed away 10 days ago and missed this. He was winding me up at the start of the season about how I am a worrier. But when we started so well, I had to keep it up as a superstition. Then he found out he was ill after the wycombe game, and told me never to change. So there you have it - it was a kind of reverse psychology thing. So in answer to o randy hunts question where am I now - as if I am an outsider - I was crying tears of joy for our team, and tears for grandad who just missed this day. I just listened to it with dad at home. Up the addicks.
    I did wonder if it was a superstition thing. Sorry to hear about your Grandad.
  • Options
    Better standard of refs?
  • Options
    Promotion 100%
    Champions 99.5%
    Play Offs 0%
    I like them apples!

• Options
    Did anybody get the vide o of the interview sir chris did with sky sports news? it was on in the pub but they had no sound.
  • Options
    I am absolutely over the moon.When Chris Powell was appointed as the Manager of this wonderful club,i was quite vocal in stating that he was the wrong man for the job.I would just like to say that it was me that got it WRONG.Well done Sir Chris Powell and all your staff.But the biggest thank-you goes to this great bunch of players who never knew when they were beaten.I am really looking forward to next season and pitting our wits against some big clubs.
    you and me both Dick .. I have never been so happy at being so wrong
  • Options
    RM your post brought another tear to my eye! A very thoughtful post and one that is cleary poignant for many people. Cafc, wherever they are, will have smiles from ear to ear, I believe. Bring on the next 3 games!
  • Options
    So happy. Smile has not left my face since. Can't wait to get the title wrapped up and show the championship next season how it's done!!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Did anybody get the vide o of the interview sir chris did with sky sports news? it was on in the pub but they had no sound.
    OS has what he said in that interview with SSN on the report.
    cafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2734632,00.html

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Football league paper
    we r.jpg 264.2K
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big thank you to @bryan_kynsie (Andy) for the lift, still not sunk in.
  • Options
    Just watched that video that prince-e-paul posted, absolutely brilliant. best bit about it, for me, is at the start when a fan goes to hug waggy but is hauled down to the ground by a steward, Waggy then instantly pulls them apart, sends the steward packing and gives the fan a massive hug. I love this club.
  • Options
    Just woke up with a terrible hangover after spending last night celebrating with some Carlisle mates, they were happy for me and us as were all the other Carlisle fans i met after the game which is nice, just hope im out celebrating there play off win over the Wendies next month.

Great day, i can barely remember much of the actual match as the occasion was what mattered, thank you Chrissy Powell & his staff plus every player who has pulled on the shirt this season(even clarke) for there part in getting us up.

One final comment, i think i speak for most of us when is say Chris Powell is the greatest man in the world!
  • Options
    Video here too - skysports.com/video/inline/0,,12606_7673513,00.html
    perfect thanks for that. The man is a true genius

• Options
    Just watched FL Show and Powell's interview on the pitch... my feelings for that man are not healthy.
  • Options
    My wife and kids didn't come with me yesterday as it would have been too expensive, but they recorded the bit on SSN when Geoff Strlling announced we were promoted , there was a scene of the players celebrating in the changing rooms, then running across the pitch, an interview with Chris Powell where the interviewer got Chris's name wrong which was funny seeing him trying to keep a straight face, Chris thanked the players and with a tear in eye wished his Mum a happy Birthday, I love this club.
  • Options
    Looks like they had a good night from all the tweets from players.
  • Options
    Video here too - skysports.com/video/inline/0,,12606_7673513,00.html
    perfect thanks for that. The man is a true genius
    Well I don't like to blow my own trumpet as all it took was simple copy and paste to......oh sorry you mean SCP!

• Options
    Just watched that video that prince-e-paul posted, absolutely brilliant. best bit about it, for me, is at the start when a fan goes to hug waggy but is hauled down to the ground by a steward, Waggy then instantly pulls them apart, sends the steward packing and gives the fan a massive hug. I love this club.
    does any one have a link to this video please cant find it atb tony
  • Options
    its ok i found it thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just the sheer joy of the achievement and the relief of finally getting over the line and the prospect of some good footballing clubs coming to the valley; being able to see charlton mentioned by the broadsheets for the first time in a while and on tv; being able to countenance the possibility of challenging once again for promotion to the premiership but obviously not expecting it; seeing a fuller stadium; hearing a louder stadium (although it hasn't been bad this season); seeing chris devote his entire career to charlton athletic for ever and ever; being at the valley next saturday with everybody smiling ; contrast that to last season and know how very very fortunate we are.
  • Options
    Hudds fan here.

Congratulations Charlton.
    Thoroughly deserved.
  • Options
    Only just got back home from a weekend at my Dad's. I was in Brighton yesterday for a gig..and on the way there i managed to finally get some internet connection after 2 hours of frantically turning off and on my phone trying to discover the cafc score.

As i turned on the 'Sky Sports score centre' app on my first glance saw a 1-0 win for us. Then the capitals of CHARLTON ARE PROMOTED were underneath....i screamed in the car, amazing feeling. Later that night, i walked along to Brighton pier shouting 'Valley Floyd Road' at the top of my voice...an amazing day.

To have someone like Chris Powell guiding us to promotion makes things even more special...what a legend, what a club and what a season.

Bring on the Championship.
  • Options
    We are lucky to have such an inspirational truly great man in charge. If there are any choppy waters ahead, I will not question his ability to get us where he wants to and steer us through them. You can see it in his eyes - If he sets his mind on something he will achieve it.
  • Options
    Congratulations Lads, a well deserved promotion. Hopefully you will put winning the league on hold till after Saturday as we really need to go up sooner rather than later as my nerves can't take much more. All the best and hope to see you both home and away next season. Us and Carlise to go up in the playoffs as I seem to think it's a good ground for you :-)
  • Options
    Proof that Sheff Utd will always be the 'classier' club than their neighbours.
  • Options
    anyone know how to listen to charlton live podcast? missed it at 8
  • Options
    I missed the relegation as I was stuck in Afghanistan, now I missed the promotion as I was freezing my nuts off on Salisbury Plain having to pretend I was in Afghanistan!!

Belatedly chuffed to bits. Lets finish the job with a 100+ points total.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    anyone know how to listen to charlton live podcast? missed it at 8</blockquote

Would also appreciate an answer to this. Don't they normally put it on a podcast?

Edit. I can see that last sundays programme was put on player 2 days ago, so I assume tonights one will go up sometime in the week.