Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

********************CHARLTON ATHLETIC ARE PROMOTED*****************

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    I think both us and Utd will win Saturday so a draw or better at Preston will seal it.
  • Options
    NLA is right, Saturday was 'the moment'.

I'm going Preston but let's have a big Championship winning moment at The Valley. When was the last time that happened!?
  • Options
    That video above is superb. Proper hairs on back of neck stuff.
  • Options
    yep, just watched it again.
  • Options
    So glad I went. Absolutely superb. So much man love there it was unbelieveable. Great great day !
    Loving all the videos as well. I managed to get on the pitch to get my Carlisle hat-trick :-)
    Still smiling now.
  • Options
    Just watched the above video and emailed the link to a couple of mates. Being up there on Saturday was just indescribable. The memories, oh the memories. Definitely one for my book of life. :-)
  • Options
    I spent the day with my Dad, who doesn't go to games anymore, and my brother went to the game. We were reminiscing about the promotion game at home to Preston, where my dear departed Mum brought a bottle of champagne into the Valley. Couldn't do that now! No Gillette Soccer Saturday either, as he doesn't have Sky, so we watched the BBC. Very emotional and thanks for everyone sharing their own experiences. Hearing the emotion and sheer pride in SCP's voice brought it all home. I've got a Hartlepool ticket but we may be moving house on the same day (hope it gets delayed by a week!)
  • Options
    Just got a mention on The Monday Night Club on 5Live, they pointed out that we are on course to beat Brighton's points tally for last season (they managed 95) and that we haven't been given the credit that they got.
  • Options
    i never thought we'd beat the brighton points tally but we will .... simply amazing

i know it's lovely to be there for promotion or becoming champions
    but am i the only one who would rather it's all done as soon as possible even if i'm not there ,
    rather than the slim chance that it might not happen and i'm there for that!
  • Options
    Sooooo proud. As my late Dad would have said ' C'mon you riproaring, goalscoring Addicks!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only supported charlton for 2 seasons! i take full credit for them getting promoted :D

Well done charlton! season ticket was bought first day it went on sale! had no doubts at all!. cant wait for saturday!

COYR!

BETTER THAN SHAUN!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I hope someone does a book for this season, perhaps Powell in his memoirs, with all the behind the scenes stuff too that perhaps is a bit sensitive at the moment. Watching that goals compilation, we are a completely different side to the previous year (with 3 or 4 exceptions).

We can actually do set pieces this year and corners, what changed, was it coached, was it the players, what contribution came from each back room staff, stuff about the owners, etc.

There is so much that could go in there, it almost a text book for building a football team, I wonder what precedent for this there is for that in recent years?
  • Options
    i never thought we'd beat the brighton points tally but we will .... simply amazing

i know it's lovely to be there for promotion or becoming champions
    but am i the only one who would rather it's all done as soon as possible even if i'm not there ,

rather than the slim chance that it might not happen and i'm there for that!
    You worry too much, Ooh Aah......!

;o)

• Options
    i just want the title sorted if i'm there i'm there , if not i still want it won Oggy !
  • Options
    Saturday might be soon enough.

As long as the team do their bit. You never know, Franchise might even do the favour.
  • Options
    I think it may well be Saturday.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    What are the post-match highlights like on CAFC Player? Basically I want to see what Sky Sports News showed, am hoping I'll be in there somewhere.

Edit: K, don't worry. Seen the offer of a free trial's gone.